CBS top basketball schools USA map | Syracusefan.com

CBS top basketball schools USA map

On November 17, CBS listed top 50 schools in each state. Guess who represents New York state in this year's map?

St. Bonaventure!!

SU is not even No. 2. St. Johns gets that honor.

Where every college basketball team ranks in each state

I hope we can beat St. Bonaventure. They will be the second difficult opponent we faced this season. Their RPI is the second highest after Kansas.

I hope we can beat St. Bonaventure. They will be the second difficult opponent we faced this season. Their RPI is the second highest after Kansas.

They just beat Vermont by 2, Yale by 8, Canisius by 8. They can beat us, but we are home and like always we have more size and athleticism. If our guards play well, I like our chances. Should be a competitive game though.

Article was done on November 7th, and it was not that unreasonable as St. Bonaventure was a projected bubble team when the season started. I think most here would think we have been better than expected, or at least as good as expected.

They just beat Vermont by 2, Yale by 8, Canisius by 8. They can beat us, but we are home and like always we have more size and athleticism. If our guards play well, I like our chances. Should be a competitive game though.

They are preseason favorite to be the best New York State team. Even in the middle of November, still looking good. But as you wrote, they lost a lot of air recently. So SU should be able to beat them. I wouldn't be so confident if we had scheduled the game in early November.

Maryland is better in most analytics of value (i.e. not the RPI). By the time the season ends Maryland is likely to be higher than St. Bonaventure (projected 43 vs 52). But either way not a gimme game, and will have some value if we are on the bubble.

On November 17, CBS listed top 50 schools in each state. Guess who represents New York state in this year's map?

St. Bonaventure!!

SU is not even No. 2. St. Johns gets that honor.

Where every college basketball team ranks in each state
I don’t understand how this is an issue worthy of a thread.
Not for nothing, but didn’t we start the year unranked because no one knew what we had, or what kind of team we were?
Annnd, now we’re getting a better read on things, so opinions might’ve changed?
So...what’s the mystery here again?
And why are we supposed to give a flying fkcu about this?

Harvard Crimson is rated ahead of BC, wonder how they feel.

I don’t understand how this is an issue worthy of a thread.
Not for nothing, but didn’t we start the year unranked because no one knew what we had, or what kind of team we were?
Annnd, now we’re getting a better read on things, so opinions might’ve changed?
So...what’s the mystery here again?
And why are we supposed to give a flying fkcu about this?

I didn't know which school in that map. So I had to click about 40 times to reach New York State.

I didn't know which school in that map. So I had to click about 40 times to reach New York State.

Yeah. I didn't even bother once I realized how they had it set up. Map should have been interactive so that when you clicked on the state you were interested in seeing it went to that listing. But I did get to see the listing for Alabama before I exited. :mad:

Cheers,
Neil

As a group of 22 teams, New York really is not good... and when you take out Western / Central New York (3 of the top 5) it is really bad.

It seem unforgivable. When are you coming to Seattle for a game?
I'm going to watch the Huskies play the mighty Wildcats of Bethune Cookman tonight. Got the boss's seats 4th row center court. Wearing Cuse shirt...

I'm going to watch the Huskies play the mighty Wildcats of Bethune Cookman tonight. Got the boss's seats 4th row center court. Wearing Cuse shirt...
We need to go to a game together at some point.

Harvard Crimson is rated ahead of BC, wonder how they feel.

It is most likely the author chose the teams based on last year's performance. BC sucked big time last year.

Lol sorry but thats bs, St Bona has like 5 fans. I know someone who went there and he didn't even know they had a d 1 program.
I actually went there for my first two years and that's definitely not correct for most of the students at least. Bonaventure was ranked the top fan section in the A-10 my freshman year.

That being said, they should not be ranked above syracuse in any sense and hopefully cuse proves that.

I actually went there for my first two years and that's definitely not correct for most of the students at least. Bonaventure was ranked the top fan section in the A-10 my freshman year.

That being said, they should not be ranked above syracuse in any sense and hopefully cuse proves that.

That's fine, Im sure they have some diehard fans, I have seen about a million syracuse shirts and hats in my lifetime, I think maybe I have seen two or three sbu shirts.