CBS/Turner FF Announcement | Syracusefan.com

CBS/Turner FF Announcement

Can someone please explain to idiot me what I just read?

I don't get it!? The championship on turner?? I would be curious to see the ratings for each weekend. Maybe the final four weekend doesn't pull the viewers week 1 and 2 do.

I think it was part of the deal originally; CBS have to give TNT or TBS the right to show some of the final four games

I think it was part of the deal originally; CBS have to give TNT or TBS the right to show some of the final four games

Correct. This was the concession that CBS made to bring Turner in.

If you follow college hoops closely all season it's obvious how bad the studio show with Charles and Kenny Smith is and how little they know about the college teams and players. The casual fan doesn't see it. The coverage would be so much better if it was on ESPN and they had their A team commentators. Even Jay Williams is better...and that's saying something.

I can't stand Charles or Kenny either but I will admit that since the first year they did it- they are getting better. They still are not fully in tune with how the college game is played today relative to defense but they at least acknowledged the zone more this year than in year's past. I would not think twice to vote for replacements.. I just think we won't be rid of them for a long time.

I can't stand Charles or Kenny either but I will admit that since the first year they did it- they are getting better. They still are not fully in tune with how the college game is played today relative to defense but they at least acknowledged the zone more this year than in year's past. I would not think twice to vote for replacements.. I just think we won't be rid of them for a long time.
I agree, they are now very slightly better than completely unwatchable. I just think there are a great number of broadcasters that would do their homework and provide an informative pregame, halftime and post game show, even if they don't have well known names.