CBS: Tyler, the Creator | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

CBS: Tyler, the Creator

Boeheim recognized this early and made it clear that he was his top priority. Still hard to believe he was not selected for Micky D team. Not even top 5 freshman PG coming in according to the talking heads. Trust in Boeheim. Not only best freshman PG in nation but arguably best PG in nation.

Someone on Twitter just asked Gottlieb to rank the top PGs, Smart was his #1 and his #2? Ennis. Ahead of Craft.

Craft blows as an actual PG. Watch him he barely ever creates offense for himself or others in the half court. The end of the ND game cracks me up because they say he made a great play, yah well that's a travel for anyone else just like his steals and defensive stops are fouls for anyone else. Craft being a great player is an urban myth.

"Because of Ennis' ability to step in and replace Carter-Williams, Syracuse will enter 2014 without a loss and in the thick of the conversation for national title contenders."

Dude assumes we will beat E. Michigan. Murph will be pissed. ;)

Yes, that is just nuts. No way to see this level of play coming.
There was something he showed me in the Canadian exhibitions. Particularly the game similar to this against I believe Carelton. We were down big, although it was later in the game, Tyler just took it over. You could tell he was not going to let us lose. With no chest thumping, dynasty signs, just smooth as silk. Wait until more of his layups start dropping and he will be perfect.

Craft blows as an actual PG. Watch him he barely ever creates offense for himself or others in the half court. The end of the ND game cracks me up because they say he made a great play, yah well that's a travel for anyone else just like his steals and defensive stops are fouls for anyone else. Craft being a great player is an urban myth.
Smart is like Oscar Robertson to Tyler's Sam Jones. Oscar much more dynamic player, Sam just won.

Who cares where he is from. We can all simply appreciate our blessing in having him on our team and the grace of God he exhibits through his play. I just hope we get him for more than one year!

Man I have nothing against Canada!!! Youll note I defend them against some of the haters on here. Dont tell me you havent seen those threads! I "became a man" in Canada for goodness sake!! :) I was just mocking the mockers of Canada, thats all. I am grateful for the blessing of Tyler for any time he is with us, and would love to have him longer than most suddenly expect as well!

Still giving major props to Billy Edelin(and the site named after him that i mentioned earlier), a gosh darn enigma if the 'Cuse has ever had one! I still have much love in my heart for that guy. The last I heard he was running a non-profit basketball development program for kids.

He is a creator, yes. But I think a better description of what he does is control. His control of the team, tempo, and the game is unmistakeable and absolute. The Control. Because JB is on the bench, he would be the remote control...yeah, I said it.

He doesn't take bad shots, but he's definitely struggled a bit finishing inside. He's struggling to stay above 40% inside the 3 point line. If he can get better at finishing, I think that will be a huge key in his draft stock. Struggling to finish against college athletes will not bode well for a prospect that will likely already be dinged for not being that athletic.

The 40% is skewed by early season struggles, not indicative of where he is right now. I sense a lot of skepticism in your posts about Tyler. I almost think you're waiting for him to fail...I prefer watching him improve every game. If this continues, we'll be comparing him to Sherman, not Edelin...pretty lofty territory.

He is a creator, yes. But I think a better description of what he does is control. His control of the team, tempo, and the game is unmistakeable and absolute. The Control. Because JB is on the bench, he would be the remote control...yeah, I said it.
Makes me curious about the recruiting process. Tyler would be the final piece of the puzzle for Kentucky, Duke, Kansas. I would say NC but they have a very good PG, but imagine them with both. Just saying this because in retrospect I am wondering how hard we got fought for him. I cannot believe he got this good in a few months, so he had to show this before he came here. And I cannot believe a coach wouldn't drool over him as a once in a lifetime player. We love him as fans, but he is the blueprint for a PG as a coach would desing it.

The last throwback guard we had was Billy Edelin. And he was pretty darn good too (off court issues aside).
Billy is probably better in my rememberences of him, than he was in real life, but he was such a good player. It's funny but when I look back at his stats, the numbers are not that impressive, but man could he play. We do not win the NC in 2003 without him.

Makes me curious about the recruiting process. Tyler would be the final piece of the puzzle for Kentucky, Duke, Kansas. I would say NC but they have a very good PG, but imagine them with both. Just saying this because in retrospect I am wondering how hard we got fought for him. I cannot believe he got this good in a few months, so he had to show this before he came here. And I cannot believe a coach wouldn't drool over him as a once in a lifetime player. We love him as fans, but he is the blueprint for a PG as a coach would desing it.

He dominated ELITE high school basketball. Took a relatively weak (D1 prospect wise) team to the national championship game. If you watched him play last year and saw the way he dominated elite D1 prospects, you would not be that surprised at his play thus far.

I suggested that nickname before he came in. Whatever people are calling him, he's damn good.
Whichever nickname sticks for Ennis is fine by me but I've taken to calling him "Neo".

morph.png

Yeah but there's not a rapper called Tyler the Controller so it doesn't work as well. I mean come on man, get hip!

The 40% is skewed by early season struggles, not indicative of where he is right now. I sense a lot of skepticism in your posts about Tyler. I almost think you're waiting for him to fail...I prefer watching him improve every game. If this continues, we'll be comparing him to Sherman, not Edelin...pretty lofty territory.

I definitely get the same feeling. He sugarcoats then throws darts.

Billy is probably better in my remembrances of him, than he was in real life, but he was such a good player. It's funny but when I look back at his stats, the numbers are not that impressive, but man could he play. We do not win the NC in 2003 without him.
I may have forgotten everything involving Edlin but it was my thinking that his "off court issues were overblown and not thought to be serious except for the Barney Fife review I thought he was driven out too fast and harshly by the committee.