Celebrate | Syracusefan.com

Celebrate

Rocco

Watching you.
Everyone can sit here and be sour about the kids we lost, but more importantly, we got some gems in this class, including a few in the last 2 weeks. Those who aren't here made a mistake as they will soon find out .. .. .. .. .. ..

In HCSS and his staff we trust as this point. He's primed up after that last few days. The seeds are already being planted...

Expect S.U., not U.S., to be involved in many big recruiting wars in 2014. Errrrbody needs to start taking Nexium or better to start preparing for the recruiting battles next year. The heartburn will be at an all-time high. Can't focking wait.

Cheers to HCSS, Coach Mac & the rest of the staff!

Onward & Upward...

F UT (boom Marsh)

Not everyone. I'm happy. I think the class looks solid...we'll know for sure in a few years. Under the circumstances, I think the coaches did a great job.

Next recruiting cycle could shape up to be huge . We should be able to offer major playing time at a couple different positions and with this staff I can see them bringing in elite talent . I like shafer more and more every time I see him talk . I think we definitely have the right man for the job and am excited for our future.

It the coaching stupid!

Seriously, high school recruits are just high school kids - 17 and 18 year olds and they will be nothing without quality coaching. The real test for the new staff will be how good they develop these kids with raw talent. We know HCSS can do it and since he knows most of the guys he hired it seems reasonable to expect that he believes they can coach.

I am very optimistic. With the new facility we will have the basic requirements for success - defined as a top 25 program. We will do it.

Go Orange!

Everyone can sit here and be sour about the kids we lost, but more importantly, we got some gems in this class, including a few in the last 2 weeks. Those who aren't here made a mistake as they will soon find out .. .. .. .. .. ..

In HCSS and his staff we trust as this point. He's primed up after that last few days. The seeds are already being planted...

Expect S.U., not U.S., to be involved in many big recruiting wars in 2014. Errrrbody needs to start taking Nexium or better to start preparing for the recruiting battles next year. The heartburn will be at an all-time high. Can't focking wait.

Cheers to HCSS, Coach Mac & the rest of the staff!

Onward & Upward...

F UT (boom Marsh)
The truth is, no one knows if they signed any good D-1 college FB players yesterday. No one. All any school got were prospects, some more highly thought of by national pundits than others. That's it. It is yet to be seen how many good players SU got.

Onward & Upward...

Agreed - to add some more good news - word is that the new IPF will start within the next 3 months (May/June). HCDM's leaving was the catalyst - certain members of the BOT got behind it to get it done. Havent heard yet how they are paying for it, but the support is now there to bring facilities up to BCS standards. With a new IPF and a year to fully recruit, I would expect things to really go onward and upward in recruiting.

The truth is, no one knows if they signed any good D-1 college FB players yesterday. No one. All any school got were prospects, some more highly thought of by national pundits than others. That's it. It is yet to be seen how many good players SU got.

For me - If I was a big time recruit - I'd want to go someplace that consistently churns out better than expected results when compared to their recruiting ranking. More with less.

FSU and Miami are always high but haven't had it translate to the field consistently since the 90's.

I'd ask the question - what school can make me better? Take me from a prospect to an NFL player?

Agreed - to add some more good news - word is that the new IPF will start within the next 3 months (May/June). HCDM's leaving was the catalyst - certain members of the BOT got behind it to get it done. Havent heard yet how they are paying for it, but the support is now there to bring facilities up to BCS standards. With a new IPF and a year to fully recruit, I would expect things to really go onward and upward in recruiting.

That just made my day . With an IPF added to the mix I can see why MCD said he expects a top 25 recruiting class .

Chakka, how reliable is this information? I really, really want to believe it!

When you are a small private school like Syracuse, you need coaches who can spot and then develop unrecognized tallent. You can measure 40 speed, vertical jumping ability, reps @ 225 lifts and other things; only a very tallented coach will be able to spot overlooked talent and know that that player is worth the scholarship offer.
When all is said and done; earning a piece of playing time and succeeding when on the field is the measure. None of us will know boom or bust until time and coaching have had their effects.

What I like about HCSS and his 'band of brothers' is that they grew up as football coaches in the MAC, a league where spotting hidden gems and devloping them was pretty much the only way to go.
HCSS have great energy for the recruiting process and each has a positive track record with developing that talent in jobs leading up to their current positions.

I am excited to see this staff go to work:
  • developing an offensive philosophy that mirrors HCDM and adds new wrinkles from the new staff's point of view.
  • Coaching our current crop of players, during spring practice and beyond.
  • Using the synergy of their closeness to develop our program with everyone on the same page.
  • Setting up and running a full-year recruitment program.
  • Developing relationships with more High School coaches in our recruiting area (including areas in the ACC where we have very limited past recruiting success).
  • Development of our special teams to a place where the until becomes a game changer.
  • Using HCSS energy to put more fannies in the Dome; he is very engaging.

Every time I hear HCSS speak about Orange football and the game itself; the more excited I am to see this new group do it's thing!!!

Chakka, how reliable is this information? I really, really want to believe it!

Good question - all I can say is that my source seemed overly confident about it happening which set me back a little since the admins corrected me harshly on this stuff but I most of what I have been posting has been spot on. I havent been following the forum as much lately due to new job (except for the past few days due to LOI signing) but I know someone may have already leaked this info a while back so its not new - I am just confirming from my source on what may have already been old news.

Good question - all I can say is that my source seemed overly confident about it happening which set me back a little since the admins corrected me harshly on this stuff but I most of what I have been posting has been spot on. I havent been following the forum as much lately due to new job (except for the past few days due to LOI signing) but I know someone may have already leaked this info a while back so its not new - I am just confirming from my source on what may have already been old news.

any idea of timeline chakka? if it starts in 3-4 months, will it be done by late 2013?

It was posted that the BOT approved the project but I don't believe a prospective start date was ever discussed. That is the part of your post that got me excited. Fingers crossed.

any idea of timeline chakka? if it starts in 3-4 months, will it be done by late 2013?

I asked my source twice cause its hard to believe myself but supposedly they break ground in 3-4 months. EDIT - actually I asked 3 times to confirm the groundbreaking and forgot to ask about a completion date - dummy me.

We landed some really talented kids. We also lost some very talented kids as well BUT at least we are now recruiting kids that many other BCS schools covet. It doesn't quite sting as much worrying about losing a player to Miami (fl) as it does worrying about losing guys to Miami (oh).

I asked my source twice cause its hard to believe myself but supposedly they break ground in 3-4 months. EDIT - actually I asked 3 times to confirm the groundbreaking and forgot to ask about a completion date - dummy me.
Nice. Great news, I will be a happy man when the official ground breaking ceremony starts.

Next recruiting cycle could shape up to be huge . We should be able to offer major playing time at a couple different positions and with this staff I can see them bringing in elite talent . I like shafer more and more every time I see him talk . I think we definitely have the right man for the job and am excited for our future.

I am not saying that the old staff wasn't good at recruiting because Adkins & Wheatley had very good connections, but I think that this new staff is primed up. They are younger and have key recruiting areas to attack. A huge difference between the two staffs are the core recruiting regions. I'd like to see us continue to mine the NYC area for 3-4 kids/year to help grow our in-state fan base and keep the good talent home. But you have to grab kids from the football hotbeds. We got a few of those kids this year and I think we will continue to see the percentage of kids from key areas increase with this staff.

The biggest question will be whether or not they can close the deal come NSD...

I'd have liked to see us hang onto some combination of Carter/Allen/Edwards and maybe land Laray, but that's really the only disappointment for me considering what the staff was faced with over the past month. They were fighting an uphill battle and did a nice job of actually hanging on and putting together a decent class.

I'd have liked to see us hang onto some combination of Carter/Allen/Edwards and maybe land Laray, but that's really the only disappointment for me considering what the staff was faced with over the past month. They were fighting an uphill battle and did a nice job of actually hanging on and putting together a decent class.

All of these guys would've gotten alot of attention down the stretch as other programs went to options 3, 4 & 5. Obviously losing 60% of the coaching staff that most of those kids had relationships with doesn't help.

I really can't wait until next year once this staff has the ability to recruit a kid for 365 days and then that kid and his family get to see how tight-knit the coaches and players are. Fock Rutgers. We have the real "FAMILY". They're just full of Jersey down there.

It the coaching stupid!

Seriously, high school recruits are just high school kids - 17 and 18 year olds and they will be nothing without quality coaching. The real test for the new staff will be how good they develop these kids with raw talent. We know HCSS can do it and since he knows most of the guys he hired it seems reasonable to expect that he believes they can coach.

I am very optimistic. With the new facility we will have the basic requirements for success - defined as a top 25 program. We will do it.

Go Orange!

If the kids can run faster, jump higher and exert greater strength the coaches will coach better.

For me - If I was a big time recruit - I'd want to go someplace that consistently churns out better than expected results when compared to their recruiting ranking. More with less.

FSU and Miami are always high but haven't had it translate to the field consistently since the 90's.

I'd ask the question - what school can make me better? Take me from a prospect to an NFL player?
Pitt is another that has been getting highly ranked recruits and they consistently under-perform with them.