CFB playoff outlook | Syracusefan.com

CFB playoff outlook

Alsacs

Living Legend
With Louisville losing the ACC will not get two teams.
Right now 1 of the 4 spots are locked up.
1. Alabama
They are in.
2-4 are up in arms.
Right now I think Michigan and Clemson control their own destinies for spots in the playoff.

Ohio State looks good but they aren't a lock if they beat Michigan they would be an interesting watch.
Penn State-Wisconsin would be the Big Ten title game.

Washington still is in contention if they beat Washington State and one of Colorado/USC they would be a 1 loss PAC-12 champ.

I can't see Oklahoma or Oklahoma State can get in.

Right now
1. Alabama
2. Michigan if they win out
3. Clemson
4. Washington

If Ohio State wins who would get the Big Ten bid?

If Ohio State wins this weekend, they're in. And assuming Ped wins, then Ohio State will be the first non conference champ to get in.

There's just no way they drop from 2 to out because they didn't play the 13th game. And if Wisconsin beats Ped in the championship, Ohio State's resume will include the win at Madison.

So many things can, and probably will, happen at this point.

what if Alabama loses to Auburn and Florida? Still a lock?

I personally would still have them in the playoff even if they lost those two games. They have five Top 30 wins this year. No other team has more than three.

If Ohio State wins this weekend, they're in. And assuming Ped wins, then Ohio State will be the first non conference champ to get in.

There's just no way they drop from 2 to out because they didn't play the 13th game. And if Wisconsin beats Ped in the championship, Ohio State's resume will include the win at Madison.

So many things can, and probably will, happen at this point.
Ohio State could be out even if they win.
Alabama
Clemson 12-1
Washington 12-1
Penn State/Wisconsin as Big Ten champ.

Ohio State would be in trouble.

Alabama
Clemson 12-1
Washington 12-1

Ohio State or Washington would be a very interesting debate. Ohio State's wins at Oklahoma and Wisconsin are better than anything on Washington's resume, so it will come down to how much the committee values conference titles.

Alabama
Clemson 12-1
Washington 12-1

I just don't see it. They're going to want what they think is the best 4 teams. And Ohio State will be one of them.

Washington may be odd man out in that scenario. Ohio State's win @ Oklahoma is going to look a lot better than anything Washington can offer.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Leach take them down this Friday. That's one of those rivalries where the unexpected tends to happen.

If a 1 loss PAC-12 team is left out I would be surprised.
The Big Ten doesn't deserve 2 of 4 if Washington is 12-1 and the PAC-12 champion.
Over the Big XII champion sure because of the no championship game.

completely Off topic but Franklin went from hot seat last year in year 2 to coaching darling in year 3. 3 years has to be an absolute minimum. And his OC is Joe Morehead the former Fordham HC hired in the off season. A name that had surfaced here a few times. Will be a name to keep an eye on.

completely Off topic but Franklin went from hot seat last year in year 2 to coaching darling in year 3. 3 years has to be an absolute minimum. And his OC is Joe Morehead the former Fordham HC hired in the off season. A name that had surfaced here a few times. Will be a name to keep an eye on.
If UConn doesn't replace Diaco and offer the HC job to Morehead they are stupid.
Now Morehead may decline that job but he should be a reasonable UConn or BC if if they axe Addaizo don't pursue him they are dumb.

If UConn doesn't replace Diaco and offer the HC job to Morehead they are stupid.
Now Morehead may decline that job but he should be a reasonable UConn or BC if if they axe Addaizo don't pursue him they are dumb.

he'd be on my short list if ever need be.

what has Penn state done other than block 2 kicks to beat OSU. only other decent team they played was Michigan and they got killed.

If Ohio St wins, and I think they do easily, this gets ugly.

Assuming Clemson holds serve, wash is out.

Bama
Clemson
OSU
B1g champ

I also think that's the seeding.

If Ohio St wins, and I think they do easily, this gets ugly.

Assuming Clemson holds serve, wash is out.

Bama
Clemson
OSU
B1g champ

I also think that's the seeding.

Committee is rooting hard for Leach this Friday. If he doesn't pull it off, they root for Michigan on Saturday. Anything to make it the path of least resistance.

i think Wisconsin has a much better case to be #4 than Penn State.

I think Alabama and Clemson are clearly in if they handle there business.
Ohio State/Michigan winner is in
last spot comes down to :Washington, Wisconsin,Ohio State Michigan loser and Penn State.

right now id have the playoff ending up Bama,Ohio State, Clemson and Washington as i have Michigan losing to Ohio State but Washington winning there conference beats out whoever wins bigten championship

I think Alabama and Clemson are clearly in if they handle there business.
Ohio State/Michigan winner is in
last spot comes down to :Washington, Wisconsin,Ohio State Michigan loser and Penn State.

right now id have the playoff ending up Bama,Ohio State, Clemson and Washington as i have Michigan losing to Ohio State but Washington winning there conference beats out whoever wins bigten championship
if ped st wins the b1g...they have the title and a victory over Ohio St...they in.

as Chip said, the committee will breath a lot easier if Wash loses either this weekend or their champ game.

unless Harbaugh is playing QB, I don't see M winning.

This may sound crazy, but I think Wisconsin has what it takes to win it all. They have an elite defense that could get into a low-scoring slugfest with Bama, and who knows what could happen if a few turnovers go their way.

This may sound crazy, but I think Wisconsin has what it takes to win it all. They have an elite defense that could get into a low-scoring slugfest with Bama, and who knows what could happen if a few turnovers go their way.
aka: the LSU Blueprint...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom