CFB Playoff Rankings | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

CFB Playoff Rankings

If they were in a conference they'd have an extra game, maybe a rematch with Clemson. But they don't.

Why the obsession with regard to ND joining a conference?

Obviously ND not being part of a conference was not holding them back prior to this weekend. In fact many were complaining the committee had them ranked too high. If ND had scored on their numerous trips into the BC red zone instead of turning the ball over they would still be in the top 4. Nothing to do with being in a conference.

Why yes, yes I do.

Does your hatred stem from the ND/Syracuse game controversy that took place back in the early 60s?

I grew up in Syracuse and you couldn't swing a miniature golf club without hitting an ND hater. As I understood it a lot of it dated back to that game.

A lot of football left to be played.

ND shot itself in the foot by committing five TOs in BC territory despite rolling up 450 yards. Has nothing to do with conference championships etc. They haven't played well the last two weeks and it cost them. Has zero to do with protecting conferences. Your logic was Bevo couldn't get in because they don't have a conference tournament. That logic has been thrown right out the window. Actually I kinda like the flexibility of your logic. When ND was ranked in the top 4 you said they didn't belong because they weren't good enough, didn't beat anybody etc. When they're outside the top 4 it's because they're not in a conference. Heads you win tails you win.
Ummm NO.

My LOGIC.

My THEORY.

Which continues to be proven CORRECT.

Is that that all things being equal...all teams who play in and WIN, conference Championship games...get in over non con-champ teams.

And further...in said scenario...all P5 conf teams with equal records get in over an independent.

See you next year...

I thought Notre Dame would get in over Baylor/Oklahoma State/TCU at 12-0 or 11-1 but specifically said Oklahoma at 11-1 was the only Big XII team that would get in over Notre Dame. None of the other Big XII teams did anything in the non-conference.
Texas played Notre Dame and California. Oklahoma played Tulsa and Tennessee. These other Big XII teams need to wake the and play non-conference teams that are P5 teams.

Oklahoma's win at Tennessee was huge for their resume and the committee is giving them credit for that.

The conference title will also prevent ND from jumping OU.

Oklahoma beats Oklahoma State and they are in over Notre Dame.

Does your hatred stem from the ND/Syracuse game controversy that took place back in the early 60s?

I grew up in Syracuse and you couldn't swing a miniature golf club without hitting an ND hater. As I understood it a lot of it dated back to that game.
Hating ND has nothing to do with Syracuse. ND haters exist all over these United States.

Ummm NO.

My LOGIC.

My THEORY.

Which continues to be proven CORRECT.

Is that that all things being equal...all teams who play in and WIN, conference Championship games...get in over non con-champ teams.

And further...in said scenario...all P5 conf teams with equal records get in over an independent.

See you next year...

Then why was ND ranked 4th last week over several one or even two no loss P5 teams?

bpo57 said:
Why the obsession with regard to ND joining a conference? Obviously ND not being part of a conference was not holding them back prior to this weekend. In fact many were complaining the committee had them ranked too high. If ND had scored on their numerous trips into the BC red zone instead of turning the ball over they would still be in the top 4. Nothing to do with being in a conference.

It's not an obsession. I find it interesting. And I like needling ND fans.

If your spot is that precarious, you'd think you'd want another game.

bpo57 said:
Then why was ND ranked 4th last week over several one or even two no loss P5 teams?

SoS. Playing Wake and BC tight. But even beating them handily - Oklahoma might have passed you.

You need a conference title game with 1 loss. The end.

I thought Notre Dame would get in over Baylor/Oklahoma State/TCU at 12-0 or 11-1 but specifically said Oklahoma at 11-1 was the only Big XII team that would get in over Notre Dame. None of the other Big XII teams did anything in the non-conference.
Texas played Notre Dame and California. Oklahoma played Tulsa and Tennessee. These other Big XII teams need to wake the and play non-conference teams that are P5 teams.

Oklahoma's win at Tennessee was huge for their resume and the committee is giving them credit for that.

The conference title will also prevent ND from jumping OU.

Oklahoma beats Oklahoma State and they are in over Notre Dame.

That seems cast in stone at this point with OU at #3 such that a road win at OSU would cement their spot. I have no problem with that as they're a legit team worthy of an invite although the wins over the trio of BU, OSU (if it happens) and TCU are not nearly as impressive as the rankings of those teams would indicate. TCU just isn't that good and didn't have Boykin and OU obviously beat BU's backup QB as well. I guess Bevo didn't need that conference tourney after all.

Iowa and MSU are the questionable entrants imo.

Last edited:
SoS. Playing Wake and BC tight. But even beating them handily - Oklahoma might have passed you.

You need a conference title game with 1 loss. The end.

News item: OU is #3. A better showing against BC and a win over Stanford and they would have been in. With 1 loss. And no conference title game.

Hating ND has nothing to do with Syracuse. ND haters exist all over these United States.

A disproportionate amount reside in Syracuse. I've lived on Long Island and central NJ besides Syracuse. Tons of ND fans there. Syracuse? Not so much.

Just read this board compared to other boards. There is an obsession with ND here that is kinda strange.

It's not an obsession. I find it interesting. And I like needling ND fans.

If your spot is that precarious, you'd think you'd want another game.

You might be right that it would be easier to get an invite out of the ACC. Besides Clemson and FSU, playing the rest of the crew would typically be easier than playing Stanford, USC, Michigan State, Ohio State etc.

bpo57 said:
News item: OU is #3. A better showing against BC and a win over Stanford and they would have been in. With 1 loss. And no conference title game.

Huh? You're not making sense. You were not holding onto that spot.

bpo57 said:
You might be right that it would be easier to get an invite out of the ACC. Besides Clemson and FSU, playing the rest of the crew would typically be easier than playing Stanford, USC, Michigan State, Ohio State etc.

If you'd played all those teams this year and won you'd be in. And yeah - ACC + OOC + title game = in. You're playing weak ACC teams without the benefit of the title game and conf title that comes with membership.

Huh? You're not making sense. You were not holding onto that spot.

ND dropped because they played a sloppy game against BC and only won 19-16. If they had drilled BC by 30 (and they should have) they would have stayed at #4. Easy.

If you'd played all those teams this year and won you'd be in. And yeah - ACC + OOC + title game = in. You're playing weak ACC teams without the benefit of the title game and conf title that comes with membership.

You don't even see the irony in that statement. One of the reasons ND's SoS is being assailed is that they played several weak teams from the ACC. The ACC is considered the weakest P5 conference by most football experts.

Do you own a calendar??

Waves don't just occur...they build then crash.

bpo57 said:
ND dropped because they played a sloppy game against BC and only won 19-16. If they had drilled BC by 30 (and they should have) they would have stayed at #4. Easy.

ND played Wake Forest and BC.
Oklahoma played Baylor and TCU.

bpo57 said:
You don't even see the irony in that statement. One of the reasons ND's SoS is being assailed is that they played several weak teams from the ACC. The ACC is considered the weakest P5 conference by most football experts.

I see the irony. It's just not in ND's favor. They play a pseudo conference schedule and get none of the benefits that matter to the committee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom