CFN game preview | Syracusefan.com

CFN game preview

Eric15

Living Legend

Why Syracuse Will Win​

Well that worked.

Syracuse changed up the offense a bit, went to more of a balanced attack, and the defense came up with a terrific performance in the somewhat stunning 31-7 win over Louisville.

RB Sean Tucker is a given – he ran 21 times for 100 yards and a score – but it was QB Garrett Shader who took his game up a few notches with a brilliant 18-of-25 passing day for 236 yards and two scores, and with 94 rushing yards and a touchdown.

And UConn won’t be able to stop any of it.

The Huskies came up with a nice win over Central Connecticut last week, and it wasn’t awful in the loss to Utah State. But the defensive front is going to have a tough time, and the offense can’t turn the ball over three times like it did against the Blue Devils. But …

Why UConn Will Win​

Syracuse wasn’t perfect in the opener.

It didn’t turn the ball over, but the 18 penalties kept the game from being easier than it turned out to be.

And yes, UConn is playing better. There’s a stronger ground game with Nathan Carter running well over the first two games. The team overall has been sharper under new head coach Jim Mora Jr., and the defense really is playing well enough to not get steamrolled.

Syracuse was able to pull away from Louisville partly because it was +3 in turnover margin – UConn can make this interesting if it’s perfect.

What’s Going To Happen​

Syracuse is going to air out the passing attack a little bit this week, too.

The less running Tucker and Shrader do, the better – Purdue is up next before the ACC season start.

UConn will play well in the first quarter and hang around early into the second half, but the Syracuse offense will own the clock and the game from then on.

Syracuse vs UConn Prediction, Line​

Syracuse 38, UConn 13
Line: Syracuse -23.5, o/u: 49.5

Why Syracuse Will Win​

Well that worked.

Syracuse changed up the offense a bit, went to more of a balanced attack, and the defense came up with a terrific performance in the somewhat stunning 31-7 win over Louisville.

RB Sean Tucker is a given – he ran 21 times for 100 yards and a score – but it was QB Garrett Shader who took his game up a few notches with a brilliant 18-of-25 passing day for 236 yards and two scores, and with 94 rushing yards and a touchdown.

And UConn won’t be able to stop any of it.

The Huskies came up with a nice win over Central Connecticut last week, and it wasn’t awful in the loss to Utah State. But the defensive front is going to have a tough time, and the offense can’t turn the ball over three times like it did against the Blue Devils. But …

Why UConn Will Win​

Syracuse wasn’t perfect in the opener.

It didn’t turn the ball over, but the 18 penalties kept the game from being easier than it turned out to be.

And yes, UConn is playing better. There’s a stronger ground game with Nathan Carter running well over the first two games. The team overall has been sharper under new head coach Jim Mora Jr., and the defense really is playing well enough to not get steamrolled.

Syracuse was able to pull away from Louisville partly because it was +3 in turnover margin – UConn can make this interesting if it’s perfect.

What’s Going To Happen​

Syracuse is going to air out the passing attack a little bit this week, too.

The less running Tucker and Shrader do, the better – Purdue is up next before the ACC season start.

UConn will play well in the first quarter and hang around early into the second half, but the Syracuse offense will own the clock and the game from then on.

Syracuse vs UConn Prediction, Line​

Syracuse 38, UConn 13
Line: Syracuse -23.5, o/u: 49.5
I like the review. I have one quibble with the reviewer: "Purdue is up next before the ACC season start." The writer may have missed this tiny tidbit of information during all of the excitement, but according to my sources, SU opened up with ACC play and is now atop the division and tied for the conference lead.

The question is does cuse cover? I don't think they do.

smells like a teaser all day long, Syracuse -18, Bama -14 and enjoy the profits!

They will.

Granted, both of these games were at home in the Dome, but -
the last two times we had a good team - 2012 & 2018 - we absolutely steamrolled UCann't.
2012 - 40-10
2018 - 51-21

So - let's just assume they score more than 10, but fewer than 21.
And we score at least 40. (like we shoulda against Llvll, except for all the penalties)

They only managed 20 against Utah St, and a whopping 28 against directional in-state nobodysville.

I mean, even IF the mutts get a backdoor cover by like say 42-20, does anybody even care?
(other than degenerate gamblers?)

I'm thinking it's gonna be more like 45-17.

Their RB busts one loose for a TD while it's still somewhat of a game; otherwise we hold them to a FG during non-garbahge time.
The 2's & 3's give up some BS TD when the game is long outta reach, but it just doesn't even matter.

Granted, both of these games were at home in the Dome, but -
the last two times we had a good team - 2012 & 2018 - we absolutely steamrolled UCann't.
2012 - 40-10
2018 - 51-21

So - let's just assume they score more than 10, but fewer than 21.
And we score at least 40. (like we shoulda against Llvll, except for all the penalties)

They only managed 20 against Utah St, and a whopping 28 against directional in-state nobodysville.

I mean, even IF the mutts get a backdoor cover by like say 42-20, does anybody even care?
(other than degenerate gamblers?)

I'm thinking it's gonna be more like 45-17.

Their RB busts one loose for a TD while it's still somewhat of a game; otherwise we hold them to a FG during non-garbahge time.
The 2's & 3's give up some BS TD when the game is long outta reach, but it just doesn't even matter.
bill-murray-meatballs.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom