Class of 2024 - CG Boogie Fland (NY) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 CG Boogie Fland (NY) Offered

I hope we stick around in Boogie’s recruitment. Most of the time when we offer a top prospect, we always fade out of their recruitment after a short while. Hope this is different!

I hope we stick around in Boogie’s recruitment. Most of the time when we offer a top prospect, we always fade out of their recruitment after a short while. Hope this is different!
Please send JB his phone number.

It is still early in his recruitment. UNC has already gotten 2 OV's but he has not committed yet which is a good sign. Hopefully, we can get one of the 4 left.

As we've seen with Cadeau, getting AW in the mix is great, but you're still competing with the best of the best in recruiting here. Elite programs have NIL ($) + Recruiting. Long way to go.

As we've seen with Cadeau, getting AW in the mix is great, but you're still competing with the best of the best in recruiting here. Elite programs have NIL ($) + Recruiting. Long way to go.
Yup. The money is great but you have to have a relationship with the kid you want.

I'm guessing the big SEC schools are offering $1M+ for a one year commit, not 3 years.

That’s 20 minutes from me. Might try to go to the home game on 1/20.
Actually, Stepinac is hosting Cardinal Hayes (Elijah Moore) on 2/14. They faced off against each other in December.

Interesting interview with 15 Under Amour kids regarding NIL. It confirms #1 that the money is a given and has to be included as part of a kid's decision, but it's only a starting point. If the money is relatively even, coaching relationships and player development are the determining factors. It's too simplistic to think in today's market you can just "buy" talent since there is comparable $$ out there for the upper level player. No secrets in the recruiting world.
NIL is important, it gets us in consideration even more without recruiting as hard (which benefits JB).

Hopefully NIL and assistants working hard helps us land kids going forward.

Kid has an incredible offer list, as you’d expect.

Has the source of any proposed NIL deals from any of those other schools been made public or is it just AW/Syracuse (and I know that AW’s offer is divorced from Cuse, blah blah)?

Kid has an incredible offer list, as you’d expect.

Has the source of any proposed NIL deals from any of those other schools been made public or is it just AW/Syracuse (and I know that AW’s offer is divorced from Cuse, blah blah)?

No school can offer cash directly. They can offer opportunities for NIL. While it looks minimal, there is a distinct difference.

No school can offer cash directly. They can offer opportunities for NIL. While it looks minimal, there is a distinct difference.

For sure, I get that. But have any of the other collectives or individual NIL peeps for those other programs that are trying to sign this kid been made public or just us?

Do we know if SU has even been heavily involved with this kid? If not, I don’t care what NIL is available. You need to have built up some kind of relationship with this kid. Maybe we have, but his name has not been mentioned until very recently.

Do we know if SU has even been heavily involved with this kid? If not, I don’t care what NIL is available. You need to have built up some kind of relationship with this kid. Maybe we have, but his name has not been mentioned until very recently.
We just offered last week after striking out on Elliot Cadeau.

From what I've been told, the relationship is just getting started, which I find odd, given he's a NY kid. But I could be wrong here. Definitely agree that with Cadeau out of the mix, perhaps SU decided to try to get into the fold with Boogie. Is it too late? We'll see.

I hear ya, but they were focused on Cadeau, who is from NJ.
That include Boeheim? It seems like our staff gets focused on one or two specific players early or midway through the cycle, while other schools are developing relationships with several. We have to have a constant presence in our own state right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom