Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 103 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do you measure grit?

1341-95ee3-picture_photo-color-chart-displaying-66-skin-tones.jpg

You can make fun of me if you want but I do believe it’s mental toughness and grit that Girard possesses. I made the comparison to McNamara. Some clowns on here take comments to new heights...

I’m just shocked really if you told me BC or Penn State were going to get Girards services to start this I would of said your crazy. I don’t think it’s the greatest move for him to go to a mediocre team. Just being honest he will never win at BC or Penn State I’m sorry but that’s just the reality of it. and no matter what papa Girard says to his son. Seems like Papa Girard wants him to go away idk that’s just my opinion.
Look it I know GF my nephew plays with . It’s Trump country and any place is going away

You can make fun of me if you want but I do believe it’s mental toughness and grit that Girard possesses. I made the comparison to McNamara. Some clowns on here take comments to new heights...
Grit, work ethic and mental fortitude are all intangibles, and can't be measured. BUT, I agree with your assessment of JG3. I think he's a winner and I hope he chooses SU too because I would enjoy watching him play. I too see a lot of parallels between him and Gmac. *Don't let the masses get to ya. You're entitled to your opinion even if NO ONE agrees with your stance.

Did JB and Gerry go see him recently? Seems they have gone to their top guys over the last week, but I didn’t hear about them going to Glen’s Falls. If that didn’t happen, I think we could begin to predict where this is heading.

I think we’re in pretty good shape with SGs for the next couple of years with the construction of the current roster. Is there a plan C if Girard goes elsewhere? Looks like we’re out of it with Quinones. How high a priority is a SG for the staff?

I haven’t heard any chatter lately for us on Girard. It’s sad actually to be in third place to two crap programs. Now BC is visiting unreal

I haven’t heard any chatter lately for us on Girard. It’s sad actually to be in third place to two crap programs. Now BC is visiting unreal

BC isn’t crap. Not storied like us but not crap. Watching Bowman and Robinson operate is proof that it is pretty attractive for guards. Academically it is very good also. I never thought Girard would be the best fit here in this system so not really worried nor care much if he goes elsewhere. C and SF are more pressing needs, IMO.

Last edited:

I know you really want Girard to go to SU. Reality can be tough to face when you set expectations. It seems more and more that he may want to go somewhere he can start right away and play big minutes. SU cannot guarantee that. Neither you nor the staff can force kids to pick SU. Having a better program than BC is just one factor and it may not be an important one to this young man. I wish him the best, hope he picks SU and will understand if he doesn’s. I also understand that a single 18 year old kids choice is not a reflection of the state of our program. Enjoy the day!

Last edited:
he will look back and regret going to a 15-17 team for his next four years
I can tell you really want to get JG3. I get it. I'd like to land him too. But the positions that we really need to fill (ahead of Girard) are the SF and C positions. If Chewy doesn't get another year of eligibility, and/or Sidibe doesn't remain healthy, along with Oshae potentially leaving after this season, these positions are a much bigger priority.

Trust me, I'm considered a negative poster by many, and even I think we'll be ok without Girard. Now if we don't come away with a couple of our targets (Akok, Kai, Wahab, Stewart, Guerrier, etc) then I'd be more concerned. I truly think we'll be fine without JG3. I want him, make no mistake about it, but he's going to go where he feels is best for him. His height is not optimum at the top of the zone. His defensive liabilities get hidden because he always matches up against the weaker guard. We'll be fine either way...

I can tell you really want to get JG3. I get it. I'd like to land him too. But the positions that we really need to fill (ahead of Girard) are the SF and C positions. If Chewy doesn't get another year of eligibility, and/or Sidibe doesn't remain healthy, along with Oshae potentially leaving after this season, these positions are a much bigger priority.

Trust me, I'm considered a negative poster by many, and even I think we'll be ok without Girard. Now if we don't come away with a couple of our targets (Akok, Kai, Wahab, Stewart, Guerrier, etc) then I'd be more concerned. I truly think we'll be fine without JG3. I want him, make no mistake about it, but he's going to go where he feels is best for him. His height is not optimum at the top of the zone. His defensive liabilities get hidden because he always matches up against the weaker guard. We'll be fine either way...
I agree - I think we will be fine and frankly I think JG3 will be fine. He will play major minutes for a d1 program , get a free education and evaluate in 4 years what his options are. SU goes along fine without him and Girardi is fine if he chooses another school. Some of the dire consequences assigned to those that don't pick SU don't register with me.

Saying that JBA is/has been our top Center recruit all along now (after learning that the interest from more highly rated centers may not be mutual) is about as ludicrous as saying we're in trouble if we don't land JG3. Both are equally absurd statements. That said, I'd much rather land JG3 than JBA. The kids a winner. People were hard on orangefan1 for his sentiments about JG3, but then turn around and post that JBA is elite and a top option (in other threads).

Just pointing out the craziness of it all.

Last edited:
aa I understand it the closer you get to announcement the more believable the crystal ball is.

aa I understand it the closer you get to announcement the more believable the crystal ball is.
I think that's often the case. But the vibe I'm getting is that those in the "know" aren't expecting it. Time will tell. I wish he'd set a commitment date.

there's a few guys to trust that are very clued in but this guy is not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom