Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 104 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we have bigger demands than guard right now but each time I watch joes highlight tapes I want him badly. He has a quick release and his shots are effortless. His demeanor on the football field is that of a leader and winner. This guy is a secret weapon

I don’t see how we didn’t already offer him a scholarship for football to to sweeten the deal

Nice article on Joe playing basketball and football. Here's an interesting quote:

"The only reason why 247Sports hasn’t ranked Girard as a quarterback prospect is because it knows where he’s rated as a basketball recruit, and the odds of him doing both remain very slim. Until he signs a letter of intent, all dreams remain possible."

VIDEO: Forget Greg Paulus, Joe Girard III looks like the next Tim Tebow

I don’t see how we didn’t already offer him a scholarship for football to to sweeten the deal

Because not only is he not ACC quality football, that would also mean we probably don't see him on the basketball court until late December if we make a bowl. I seriously doubt Dino is going to want to use a scholly on a player that he's going to lose to the basketball team right when basketball season starts. Considering how badly you want him, I wouldn't think you'd be excited about that prospect either

Last edited:
I agree that Joe's best sport is basketball. If he's looking to play both sports then none of his choices (assuming the statement that he's not an ACC caliber football player is true) are viable for him. I think SU can offer him the same opportunity (play basketball, and walk on for football) that the other schools do. Very few players ever successfully do both.

I have not seen Joe play football so I truly don't know what level he's capable of playing at. At the end of the day, I think he will choose a school based on basketball, and that football won't play much of a factor. But who knows... kids his age think they can do everything. Even Michael Jordan thought he could play baseball.

Wonder what he’s waiting for to pick a school. It went from before his senior year til who knows. Come on Joe im impatient.

My guess is he isn’t confident he can win time at the school he wants to go to based on others they have offers out to, so he is waiting to see how the roster develops or the offer that he wants to accept is conditioned on someone else not accepting.

Does Syracuse fit either narrative?

he will look back and regret going to a 15-17 team for his next four years

This is strange. Dino Babers is trying to convince kids to build something with him at Syracuse. By your logic, no one decent should ever play football at Syracuse.

He can't go wrong with an education at any of the schools he seems to be considering.

My guess is he isn’t confident he can win time at the school he wants to go to based on others they have offers out to, so he is waiting to see how the roster develops or the offer that he wants to accept is conditioned on someone else not accepting.

Does Syracuse fit either narrative?
Hes now entering a real basketball conference, he will no longer be the man or best player in his league. He will be a piece of the puzzle and playing time will be earned. Defense will actually be played and as of now I don’t think hes ready to play major minutes yet alone win a starting spot especially at Syracuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom