Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else find it amusing that Amazon ads for Joe Girard's series of books about "selling" pop up after viewing this thread?? :p

He is listed as either 6'1" or 6'2" on sports site that can not be mentioned here. Two different heights depending on where you look on the site. Listed as 6'2" 180lbs on his hudl profile.

don't believe those listings and it's one of the reasons the high majors are taking their time.

don't believe those listings and it's one of the reasons the high majors are taking their time.

No personal knowledge, but everywhere I look he is listed as either 6'1" or 6'2".
More important to me is that the highlights on YouTube and such show him swishing threes from ten feet beyond the three point line. Part of lack of attention is where he plays not exactly considered a hot bed of recruiting.
I imagine Jim knows more, but I hope we do not regret not offering. He is one of the most prolific scorers from NY that I can remember.

No personal knowledge, but everywhere I look he is listed as either 6'1" or 6'2".
More important to me is that the highlights on YouTube and such show him swishing threes from ten feet beyond the three point line. Part of lack of attention is where he plays not exactly considered a hot bed of recruiting.
I imagine Jim knows more, but I hope we do not regret not offering. He is one of the most prolific scorers from NY that I can remember.

I’ve been watching him play sports since 3rd grade pop warner and varsity hoop team since 8th. I’ve watched him light it up countless times, raining 3’s from all over the court, triple teamed, hands in his face behind the backboard sht. He’s good and he can shoot it like nobodies business but I can understand some of the question marks. We’re not sleeping on him. Belein isn’t sleeping on him either.

The height listings are wrong he’s not that tall.

I’ve been watching him play sports since 3rd grade pop warner and varsity hoop team since 8th. I’ve watched him light it up countless times, raining 3’s from all over the court, triple teamed, hands in his face behind the backboard sht. He’s good and he can shoot it like nobodies business but I can understand some of the question marks. We’re not sleeping on him. Belein isn’t sleeping on him either.

The height listings are wrong he’s not that tall.
I recently read he had the highest gpa on his football team. Not really a surprise.

I recently read he had the highest gpa on his football team. Not really a surprise.
Do you know by chance if he may go to a prep school next year to get more exposure or is he content on staying where he's at?

6’1 or 6’2” might be a little stretch, but, When I saw him that seemed about right - maybe 6 even. I haven’t poured his cereal in the morning like PhatOrange, but still.

I think his problems are the following:
1)level of competition
2)scores 45 (but shoots it 50 times)
3)defending ACC guards would be a real stretch
4)we already have Buddy in the fold (shooting is good and we should have as much of it as possible but we shouldn’t carry two Buddy’s - we need more guys who can shoot and do other things too.)

I see a very similar career to his predecessor Fredette. And by the way, if you’re Girard, what’s wrong with that? Go to a mid major and crush shots (while not having to defend and rebound and pass against high major players) make a name for yourself and spends a few minutes in The NBA. I could see Michigan, but only if they don’t already have a Buddy in the fold (or another spike albrect). Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure we wouldn’t tell him no if he wanted our 13th scholly, I just think these kinds of things are typically two way streets. There will be D1 schools that really want him and I just don’t see the positional need at Syracuse enough to make this a mutually beneficial relationship.

He gone

gerry was never as tall as he was listed either. didnt stop him from making a lot of 3's. if he's athletic and can shoot the ball, seems worthy but i understand why the staff may hold out for someone who's a better fit for the zone up top.

gerry was never as tall as he was listed either. didnt stop him from making a lot of 3's. if he's athletic and can shoot the ball, seems worthy but i understand why the staff may hold out for someone who's a better fit for the zone up top.

Gerry was a pg in high school, a ball handler who could drive and dish, pass, create his own shot and even for teammates. His versatility probably made him - despite his lack of height, much more valuable than just a pure shooter. It allowed him to play point during the troubled Edelin years. I have never seen this young man play , does he have other skills like exceptional ball handling , rebounding, speed, ability to drive, passing ability etc?

Kid put up decent numbers in the Nike EYBL against the nation's best. He also has a solid chance to be the all time leading scorer in New York state history.
I think Girard could be a great role player in the program, and even a starter by his senior year.

What leads people to believe he won't be able to score at the ACC level?

Kid put up decent numbers in the Nike EYBL against the nation's best. He also has a solid chance to be the all time leading scorer in New York state history.
I think Girard could be a great role player in the program, and even a starter by his senior year.

What leads people to believe he won't be able to score at the ACC level?

He’ll be able to score at the ACC level - he can shoot. Scoring translates the easiest. It’s defending that I would be worried about.

He would look pretty good coming off the bench. He’s a competitor, so I wouldn’t bet against him competing at the highest level. You can never have enough shooters. We have 1.5 shooters on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom