Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 154 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is playing against Watervliet tonight in the sections semi's and has 31 at halftime. If you follow this guy on twitter he has some video also.

Ellis L. Williams‏ @BookofEllis 15m15 minutes ago
More

Lastly, Girard III ended the half scoring his 31st point, to take a three point lead, 41-38.

This tweet says a lot about Girard's hoop smarts:

Ellis L. Williams‏ @BookofEllis 54s54 seconds ago
More

Girard III drives, fouled again and he'll shoot two shots with 38.6 seconds left in the quarter. He is the only player I really see religiously go for two-for-ones at quarter's end.

This tweet says a lot about Girard's hoop smarts:

Ellis L. Williams‏ @BookofEllis 54s54 seconds ago
More

Girard III drives, fouled again and he'll shoot two shots with 38.6 seconds left in the quarter. He is the only player I really see religiously go for two-for-ones at quarter's end.

Smart AND good enough to get a quality shot whenever he wants?

I like it.

Ellis L. Williams‏ @BookofEllis 5m5 minutes ago
More

Timeout GF, up 71-60 with 4:25. Quick note: Girard III is never tired. It's like he is playing a video game with fatigue turned off. He dribbles nonstop and scores 75 % of his team's total points. Plus, Watervliet is making him defend tonight.

Girard stat line quick: 18 points from 2-point, 18 points from 3-point and 18 points from the free throw line.

Ellis L. Williams‏ @BookofEllis 2m2 minutes ago
More

Girard stat line quick: 18 points from 2-point, 18 points from 3-point and 18 points from the free throw line.

• Ellis L. Williams‏ @BookofEllis 4m4 minutes ago
      More
      Two free throws give Girard III 61 points. GF up 84-68 with a minute to play.

za-QlYmu_bigger.jpg
Ellis L. Williams‏ @BookofEllis
FollowFollow @BookofEllis
More
A couple of shoves from Watervliet guys to JG3. Refs talking but this should be a tech. Rob Girard subbing everyone out, up 84-70 with 12 seconds left.

Looks like he finished with either 65 or 66 as GF advances.

Final: Glens Falls beats Watervliet 88-70, advance to Section II Class B final on Friday night. JG3 finishes with 65 points, his fourth career 60-point effort.

James Allen‏ @TUSidelines 7m7 minutes ago
Girard (66 points) has led the Indians to the Class B final.

I’ll be there Friday hopefully if my nephew wins his game on Wednesday.

Looks like he finished with either 65 or 66 as GF advances.

Final: Glens Falls beats Watervliet 88-70, advance to Section II Class B final on Friday night. JG3 finishes with 65 points, his fourth career 60-point effort.

James Allen‏ @TUSidelines 7m7 minutes ago
Girard (66 points) has led the Indians to the Class B final.

That is unreal. Hard to figure how he isn’t more highly rated.

I’ll be there Friday hopefully if my nephew wins his game on Wednesday.

Friday is going to be a tough game for GF. Here is the recap from last year's loss to Schalmont and I think Schalmont is better this season. Either way it will be a very emotional game for JG3 as if they lose it will be his last game in high school and if they win they will continue on but probably his last game in near his hometown as they would move on to regional sites and then hopefully the states finals in Binghamton.

Glens Falls beaten in semifinals despite Girard's 56

Friday is going to be a tough game for GF. Here is the recap from last year's loss to Schalmont and I think Schalmont is better this season. Either way it will be a very emotional game for JG3 as if they lose it will be his last game in high school and if they win they will continue on but probably his last game in near his hometown as they would move on to regional sites and then hopefully the states finals in Binghamton.

Glens Falls beaten in semifinals despite Girard's 56

I remember as I was at that one as well. Schalmont is tough. They will make him earn everything.

I was suspect on him when he signed but glad that we got him but now my excitement is ramping up, he is just on another level shooting, being able to drag the D out to that range alone makes everyone else better on the floor, and his athleticism is more than enough in my opinion to play at this level, crafty around the hoop and knows how to draw contact. Gmac 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom