Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highly recommend listening to Dean Francis’s latest pod. Lots of good Girard nuggets especially in regards to playing style/right fit for him.

Gave it a listen, nothing people really didn't already know. Only so much of that podcast I can stand to listen to

Is it possible to have one thread where someone isn’t taking a shot at a current or former SU player?
Its called being facetious. I miss the coon dog. He would have loved this teams hustle and really opened up the lane for Frank and Battle

Its called being facetious. I miss the coon dog. He would have loved this teams hustle and really opened up the lane for Frank and Battle

Yep. Exactly the type of player we are missing.

Kinda surprised he's able to get out to Columbus today. It's like a 9+ hour drive from Glens Falls and he just played last night. Not a lot of ROI on that type of trip (except of course, he'll probably leave with an offer), particularly with the February recess coming up.

Spoke with someone today who I would not necessarily consider to be inner circle, but pretty close. He described Girard as "a machine." His impression is that Girard will play out the camp and AAU circuit and then evaluate where he is with all offers. He did not specifically mention Michigan, and he did not mention Syracuse, other than the recent offer, and he knows I am a big fan.

Andddddd duke is up next!
Is he visiting Duke?

Heard in Coach K's office in Durham:

Duke assistant: Hey Coach, what are your thoughts on Joe Girard?
Coach K: It's actually Joe Girardi. He had a pretty good MLB career and will have a lot more free time now that he's not managing the Yankees.
Duke assistant: No, Joe G-I-R-A-R-D III.
Coach K: Who?
Duke assistant: The all-time scoring leader in NYS, he's a 6'1 guard, ranked #168 in the nation.
Coach K: Hard pass. We only recruit top 4 players.
Duke assistant: But Coach, Syracuse just offered him, and G-Mac is going to see him play.
Coach K: Get me on a jet to Glens Falls immediately! Call his people and make an offer! Get his parents six-figure jobs in Durham! We can not let Syracuse get any players on their team!

Is he visiting Duke?

Heard in Coach K's office in Durham:

Duke assistant: Hey Coach, what are your thoughts on Joe Girard?
Coach K: It's actually Joe Girardi. He had a pretty good MLB career and will have a lot more free time now that he's not managing the Yankees.
Duke assistant: No, Joe G-I-R-A-R-D III.
Coach K: Who?
Duke assistant: The all-time scoring leader in NYS, he's a 6'1 guard, ranked #168 in the nation.
Coach K: Hard pass. We only recruit top 4 players.
Duke assistant: But Coach, Syracuse just offered him, and G-Mac is going to see him play.
Coach K: Get me on a jet to Glens Falls immediately! Call his people and make an offer! Get his parents six-figure jobs in Durham! We can not let Syracuse get any players on their team!
IIRC, K never heard of GMac.

Kinda surprised he's able to get out to Columbus today. It's like a 9+ hour drive from Glens Falls and he just played last night. Not a lot of ROI on that type of trip (except of course, he'll probably leave with an offer), particularly with the February recess coming up.

Spoke with someone today who I would not necessarily consider to be inner circle, but pretty close. He described Girard as "a machine." His impression is that Girard will play out the camp and AAU circuit and then evaluate where he is with all offers. He did not specifically mention Michigan, and he did not mention Syracuse, other than the recent offer, and he knows I am a big fan.

If only there were conveyances through the air that could cut the travel time down considerably.

8/13 from 2
10/16 from 3
11/12 foul line

not bad considering 4 of his 3’s were from about 8’ beyond the line...looked like he was closer to half court. GMac just shook his head after a couple of them

10/16 from three? Not a good fit :rolleyes:

8/13 from 2
10/16 from 3
11/12 foul line

not bad considering 4 of his 3’s were from about 8’ beyond the line...looked like he was closer to half court. GMac just shook his head after a couple of them
Ill say it again- I don't care if he's playing 14 year olds the entire game. Those are ridiculous shooting numbers. It's not like he's a Wilt-type player from back in the 60s where he was just massive and way more athletic than everyone inside.

Nothing against the kid, but if Buddy is coming in to play the 2, is that why there's the slow play on this kid? If not, do I have the positions wrong and is Buddy coming in as a 3 and JG is being recruited as a 1? There aren't many 2s in college who stand 6 feet tall.

I said this a long time ago but the player I've always compared him to is GMAC. Eerily similar. Just watching him carry his team on his back and hit shot after shot.

A couple of years ago, in a state playoff game, I saw him hit a three from the corner with a guy in his face. He was so far in the corner he was behind the backboard and hit nothing but net. it was a wow moment.

I said this a long time ago but the player I've always compared him to is GMAC. Eerily similar. Just watching him carry his team on his back and hit shot after shot.

A couple of years ago, in a state playoff game, I saw him hit a three from the corner with a guy in his face. He was so far in the corner he was behind the backboard and hit nothing but net. it was a wow moment.
Agree with this, he just seems to have the "it" factor.

Seems like the nay sayers are falling away like chaff from the wheat. A few high division one offers and the "Farmer" starts looking like a basketball player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom