Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 187 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by the 2018 Nike EYBL stats I would guess that he was not getting the open looks he got at the HS level. I doubt he was doubled at that level. He shot .37% from 3 on 109 attempts,

Having said that, I do think one of his big time strengths is creating space to get his shot off.
37% vs a big step up in class of defender is a very good sign, imo

37% vs a big step up in class of defender is a very good sign, imo

yeah, I agree moqui. and he shot 45% from 3 the previous year for the Rocks (Buddy was at 47% that same year).

I hope that JoeG will have similar percentages to Freshman Buddy. The thing is JoeG has deeper range and is much better at creating space. I'm not sure he will get the same kind of minutes his freshman season.

Was interested to see if Girard would crack any updated top 100’s after his incredible season.

Hoping he proves to be as underrated as his AAU teammate Buddy, who certainly performed like a top 100 freshman last year.

Was interested to see if Girard would crack any updated top 100’s after his incredible season.

Hoping he proves to be as underrated as his AAU teammate Buddy, who certainly performed like a top 100 freshman last year.
He won’t crack top 100 but it doesn’t matter

4 of the top 5 are from Louisiana and the top guy at 6702 pts is pre-3 pters - so are the next 3. Crazy. Also, Pistol Pete Maravich is not in the top 73...what gives.
There's something in that bayou water.

Something wrong here. 4 stars are top 100.
not any more; it's a sliding scale not a fixed one
r*vals has four stars down to 130 this year
2four7 down to 129
espn only numerically ranks to 100 but obviously doles out 4 stars farther down the line than that; looks like anyone they grade out at 80 points or above gets 4 stars
and, fwiw, they give jesse edwards 79 points. based on what, i don't know, but there you have it. don't ask me why they can give a kid who has played a handful of north american contests over 3 months a grade but they can't seem to find anything on quincy guerrier.

Last edited:
4 of the top 5 are from Louisiana and the top guy at 6702 pts is pre-3 pters - so are the next 3. Crazy. Also, Pistol Pete Maravich is not in the top 73...what gives.
There's something in that bayou water.
I'm guessing Maravich didn't play as many games in high school. I don't think anyone will ever beat his college scoring record though, and he only played 3 seasons since freshmen were ineligible when he was in college.

Will the Capital Classic game be shown on TV or online somewhere? Can't seem to find any info...

Something wrong here. 4 stars are top 100.

Not on ESPN which has a much more relaxed star system than the site most go to for "stars", especially with FB. But why do we care about stars, I thought they don't matter on here anyway? Still outside the top 100 -- that means on here they will be even better than those IN the top 100! LOL

Not on ESPN which has a much more relaxed star system than the site most go to for "stars", especially with FB. But why do we care about stars, I thought they don't matter on here anyway? Still outside the top 100 -- that means on here they will be even better than those IN the top 100! LOL

Not just ESPN. Every site does this now.

Joe looked pretty good shooting the ball today. He's a chucker, but in the same way Steph Curry is a chucker. He also looked like a PG much more than Brycen in this game. Joe's a really good passer.

I'm concerned about his defense, though. One of those guys who seems 'engaged' at times, but really concedes too much too often.

Was pretty loose with the ball and made some questionable passes that resulted in some turnovers and some very nice buckets. With this kid open looks are straight money, but he took some pretty bad shots too. Defense needs work but he won't be terrible in the zone down the road I dont think. Again it's an all star game so I wouldn't take too much away from it but Imho he has a gmac type of game, we will see how that translates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom