Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 188 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe looked pretty good shooting the ball today. He's a chucker, but in the same way Steph Curry is a chucker. He also looked like a PG much more than Brycen in this game. Joe's a really good passer.

I'm concerned about his defense, though. One of those guys who seems 'engaged' at times, but really concedes too much too often.
Agree with this. Joe took a lot of shots, a number from beyond 25 feet. Would guess he shot about 40%. All or almost all were 3s. No one really plays defense in these all star games but Joe’s lack of interest following his man or fighting through screens was noticeable. On the positive side, he made a lot of good passes, almost all in transition, most long, bullet passes to snow birders.

Bryce didn’t shoot nearly as much. He played the ball like it was a real game. Most of his shots were pull up medium range jumpers. He looked really athletic and could beat his man and get to the paint whenever he wanted but he settled for shots in traffic instead of going all the way to the hole and it cost him. He needs to get more aggressive. Was okay running the half court offense but rarely penetrated and kicked out to the open man. I think his point guard skills are still a work in progress.

He did work hard on defense and did a reasonably good job there.

The DC team destroyed the US team. Qudus Wadus (sp?) was impressive and will be a thorn in our side for this new Gtown series. The US defense was really pathetic and hard to watch. They had no inside presence and it was a huge issue.

Yeah, Qudus reminded me of a raw Rick Jackson.
It was kinda obvious it would be a lopsided game at the point of the lineup introductions. The DC team just looked stronger and bigger all across the board.

Not sure what to think about our guys. Brycen wasn't an 'alpha' in any sense, and he had no impact in the first two-thirds of the game. Surely, he has potential, but i get tired of the usual rationalization on our boards about how/why our players didn't perform well 'in an all-star game situation.' I want some monsters.

Flynn was our last all star monster. He took the game over, baseline tomahawk dunks at will.

This is our starting point guard. He is composed and smart. I stand by all previous claims how good he’s gonna be

I like that he plays with some attitude. All-Star games are tough to judge much but the kid is not a shrinking violet and won't back up. I like that.

period.
We have some strong character guys coming in. Guys that will pick others up by the boot straps. The transition is not going to be easy for any of them, except maybe QG, but I would love to be a fly on the wall at the Melo when the incoming frosh play against the returning players. There will be some great trash talking.

Does JG3 know something we don't know officially yet? Check the number choice... bye Oshae #11.

Screenshot_20190518-225708_Instagram.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors