Class of 2017 - CG Trent Frazier (FL) to Illinois | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 CG Trent Frazier (FL) to Illinois

Florida is probably too far away, right?

This kid doesn't look very big or athletic. Any idea how he stacks up?

Let's see he can drive, dish, and shoot the rock...sign me up!

Dean - any idea if staff will pursue or wishful thinking at this point?

Have you not heard? The staff stopped pursuing a few years ago, we only take the low hanging fruit these days.

Is he too similar to UConn guards? We don't want the Kemba Walker types...
:confused:

Hasn't been released yet from his LOI. So no clue if we would get involved yet. Florida is probably too far for the staff if they can't even find the time to hit up Jersey and watch the Hudson Catholic boys.

Hasn't been released yet from his LOI. So no clue if we would get involved yet. Florida is probably too far for the staff if they can't even find the time to hit up Jersey and watch the Hudson Catholic boys.
I like the new avatar. With regard to Mr. Frazier, does it concern you that he has no right hand?

I like the new avatar. With regard to Mr. Frazier, does it concern you that he has no right hand?
As long as he can shoot and score is fine by me. He's just a suggestion with the options out there, not saying we have to give him the Quade Green treatment.

As long as he can shoot and score is fine by me. He's just a suggestion with the options out there, not saying we have to give him the Quade Green treatment.
Yeah, I hear you on that. We need guys at guard, and nobody is going to be perfect right now, so he could be a good option. Especially if Washington drags his feet.

Is he too similar to UConn guards? We don't want the Kemba Walker types...
:confused:
He's too left-handed for us. And too far away.

I wish somebody would snap their fingers and turn our recruiting more national.

Do you have anyone in mind who we could bring in to help with recruiting? A great salesman with charisma- maybe outside of Orange nation

You know I respect your work and opinion but I'm not sure that's fair Francis. We made plenty of stops at Sagemont when we were recruiting Fab Melo.

Looks like exactly the type of guard Buzz Williams would recruit. A Justin Robinson/Seth Allen clone.

Respect you too but that was 7 years ago tho. Staff hasn't shown that type of grind recently.

Fair. You would know more about where our staff is and ISN'T a heck of a lot better than me.

Fair. You would know more about where our staff is and ISN'T a heck of a lot better than me.
I mean don't get me wrong, they could always surprise us. Was just mainly going off recent trends where JB noted himself that we don't need to leave the northeast for talent.

Ambidextrous is nice, but there have been more than a few great guards who could only go one way. Remember Calvin Murphy, and . . .Jerry West?

Ambidextrous is nice, but there have been more than a few great guards who could only go one way. Remember Calvin Murphy, and . . .Jerry West?
Who?
IMG_6235.JPG

I think anybody who plays at this level needs both hands but if you're going to only have one, the left is preferable. Kids just struggle to remember players are left-handed. Josh pace had no business scoring all those points but it's just so foreign to these guys.

How much longer does the coaching staff have restrictions on number coaches out on the road?

How much longer does the coaching staff have restrictions on number coaches out on the road?

Until May of this year I believe. Was just thinking that we still wouldn;t be at full strength with one of the four being JB as a lame duck HC but for some reason I am rethinking that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom