Chad Ford ESPNinsider says Waiters and Fab go... | Syracusefan.com

Chad Ford ESPNinsider says Waiters and Fab go...

arbitragegls

All Conference
well Fab is not in top group...But Dion goes #22 to the Celtics...and Chad says it could be a steal:

PICKTEAMPLAYERVITALS
22.gif
bos.gif

Boston (via Clippers)
19577.jpg

Dion Waiters Position: SG
Height: 6-foot-4
Weight: 215 pounds
School: Syracuse
Analysis: Danny Ainge has never been one to shy away from troubled talent, and in Waiters he could land a star. While size is a much bigger need, Waiters' abilities to get to the basket and score in transition are impressive. If he has matured, the Celtics could be getting a steal here.

I could see Dion doing well for himself in the workouts. His athletic ability and his one on one capabilities could move him up closer to the lottery. He shot the ball a lot better in the latter part of the year and he showed the ability to hit it from the NBA line. If he continues to become a better shooter he could become a James Harden type of player.

Hoping the knicks buy a late first rounder or eary second and take fabto back up tyson

I could see Dion doing well for himself in the workouts. His athletic ability and his one on one capabilities could move him up closer to the lottery. He shot the ball a lot better in the latter part of the year and he showed the ability to hit it from the NBA line. If he continues to become a better shooter he could become a James Harden type of player.

Dion's WAY better now than James Harden WAS in college or IS as a pro.

Harden's softer than goat cheese and doesn't mix it up in the paint like Dion does. Harden's waaay overrated.

Harden's softer than goat cheese and doesn't mix it up in the paint like Dion does. Harden's waaay overrated.
Wasn't Harden 1st team AA?

Harden was a great college player and doing very well in the pro's. How can he be overrated when he is a 17ppg, 4rpg and 4apg guy? He shoots 50% too.

Let's not overrate Dion too much here, guys. He had a great year coming off the bench, but seeing people first say he's clearly better (IN COLLEGE) than Flynn ever was, and now Harden, is a little absurd. Let's remember that last year, Dion was a bit of a disappointment and a head case many were thinking (hoping?) would transfer.

I just have this view of Harden as being soft. He's had a good year this year but we'll see if he keeps it up. Now this could be when he played us in 2009 in the tourney and went 2-10.

I just have this view of Harden as being soft. He's had a good year this year but we'll see if he keeps it up. Now this could be when he played us in 2009 in the tourney and went 2-10.

We caught a break because the kid was sick as a dog in that game. Sort of like CJ in the game against UNC Asheville.

Have you ever seen Harden play?
I remember people on this board saying Flynn was better than Harden. Now Dion is better than Harden. Makes you wonder what people are acutally watching.

Harden is really good. I sometimes think he may be better than Westbrook, or at least a better fit for OKC than Westbrook.

Hoping the knicks buy a late first rounder or eary second and take fabto back up tyson
I don't think the Knicks can buy a pick this year; believe they already spent their money this year for trades.

well... as someone who talked 1 on 1 with danny ainge about dion, let me chime in...

Ha just kidding, had to say it. But seriously, Danny is awkward.

Hardens a fringe all star by next year, hes a helluva player

he just might be. he's improved each season going from 9ppg to 12ppg to 17ppg.

Harden has been terrific for OKC. Best passer on that team, too.

how can u be a Met fan???????that is like being a Jet Fan; or an Ilander fan...ugh!

ive seen harden play a lot this year which is why i used the analogy of dion eventually getting to be a similar player. harden is one of okc's most important players as he is a pure scorer who also defends well and plays hard. harden has an explosive first step much like dion. dion does not have a quick release on his jumper which he needs to work on.. if dion can get better like harden did he can become a very good 2 g in the pros..

how can u be a Met fan???????that is like being a Jet Fan; or an Ilander fan...ugh!

Sounds like you just described half the population of Long Island.

But still, your point still stands.

1. He shot better from BET on, but from Fab's suspension to the end of the regular season he shot like absolute crap and I think that's putting it nicely.
2. Harden is a very good shooter. Waiters will never be as good a shooter as Harden.

It's pretty simple, actually. When you grow up around kids who freaking drool over Giants/Yankees or Bills/Yankees, think their shite don't stink, etc, you absolutely cannot stand to associate yourself with them. So you either become Jets/Mets or one of the many displaced Cowboy or Steeler fans. I chose to stay NY.

It's pretty simple, actually. When you grow up around kids who freaking drool over Giants/Yankees or Bills/Yankees, think their shite don't stink, etc, you absolutely cannot stand to associate yourself with them. So you either become Jets/Mets or one of the many displaced Cowboy or Steeler fans. I chose to stay NY.
Fair enough...good luck to your teams...as long as 'Cuse is #1!

This. I became a Mets fan because believe it or not, the first MLB game I went to as a 12 year old was a Mets game. In my mind, I had to be a Mets fan because of that. I also hated all of my friends "drooling" over the Yankees and I wanted to do something different.

I'm a Knicks fan because although I used to love the Bulls as a kid, my favorite player was always John Starks.

That's like the way people give me baffled looks when I say I'm a Nationals fan. I grew up in Vermont and had to hear about the Sox nonstop, and ended up going to Expos games a lot so they became my team instead, and I followed them to DC.

It's funny how we become fans of certain teams.