Chad Ford - NBA mock draft | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chad Ford - NBA mock draft

MCW has to go while he is a perceived as a lottery pick. Terrance Morris from Maryland over 10 years ago was a potential lottery pick if he left early after his Sophomore season instead he returned to Maryland and was never even drafted by the time he graduated. MCW is not a finished product, but "upside" will get him drafted and Thunder have scouted the Orange and MCW at a LOT of games this year. I see MCW way gone after this year even though he is ultimate no, no, yes player.

I definitely agree with this. If they have him in the lottery this year he should go for it. His standing will only decline the longer he stays in college. I can see the attraction on potential but there are some major kinks that need to be worked out.

That breakdown from Ford is funny. I literally just got done telling my friends he's basically a more skilled version of Marshall (who was also a lottery pick), but Marshall player with a supporting cast that perfectly complemented his game. This Syracuse team is as bad a fit for MCW's distributing play style as it gets. Basically no shooters and no finishers around the rim. And I got chewed out for making that argument in favor of MCW. If you put him on Michigans team this year, he'd be putting up ridiculous assist numbers and would probably be scoring more efficiently.

That can be said about most players. Players are better with better players around them.

Sent using my Commodore 64

That can be said about most players. Players are better with better players around them.

Eh, I think someone like MCW that is a distributor needs a better supporting cast to show off what he can do for a team

Eh, I think someone like MCW that is a distributor needs a better supporting cast to show off what he can do for a team

All PG's could do better with a better cast around them. And that cast could do better with a better PG.

That breakdown from Ford is funny. I literally just got done telling my friends he's basically a more skilled version of Marshall (who was also a lottery pick), but Marshall player with a supporting cast that perfectly complemented his game. This Syracuse team is as bad a fit for MCW's distributing play style as it gets. Basically no shooters and no finishers around the rim. And I got chewed out for making that argument in favor of MCW. If you put him on Michigans team this year, he'd be putting up ridiculous assist numbers and would probably be scoring more efficiently.

I think MCW is dealing with what Scoop dealt with to a certain extent his Junior year. When he had a Dion Waiters next to him it certainly makes ur life a bit easier - u have that safety valve that relieves pressure off of you as the lead guard/creator on offense when u need it.

he'll learn to shoot, he'll have other players around him who can shoot, he'll have a center who can catch the ball, he's not going to need to take over scoring and he won't get abused on the other end of the floor. his nba coach will probably be smart enough to make him throw the ball to their scoring small forward unlike at syracuse

might not mean much for us this year but a lot of his problems are fixable with nba players around him. he's got vision, height, athleticism and enough of a handle. everything else will develop
One more year at Cuse , he will be a 1 or 2 pick .

I know we've discussed Carter-Williams' draft prospects ad nauseam, but I found this interesting nonetheless. Whether you think he's ready or not, he's generating interest.

http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2013/mockdraft

Has him going #10 to the Thunder.

Breakdown: Carter-Williams has Kendall Marshall-type floor vision with more size, more athleticism and more offense. He has a terrific assist ratio and can be a hawk on defense as well. He's struggled mightily with his jump shot this season, can be turnover-prone and needs to get stronger, but he's a unique point guard prospect. Think a healthy Shaun Livingston.

Wow, what an insanely WEAK lottery!!!

No he won't, he'll be in the 20's. No one is drafting a 23 year old with the 1st or 2nd pick unless he's an immediate All-Star

Right, pretty sure there's no way MCW is going ahead of Wiggins next year

I hate when people say that MCW will develop a jumpshot, have you guys ever watched John Wall how long has he been in the NBA and still can't shoot the ball from deep

I hate when people say that MCW will develop a jumpshot, have you guys ever watched John Wall how long has he been in the NBA and still can't shoot the ball from deep

He's been in the NBA 2.5 years.

He's only taken like 10 threes this year, one half-way decent game and he's back up to his rookie average of 30%.

I never understand the NBA and this draft for potential idea. The NBA is about winning now. Coaches and GM's either win now (ie: make the playoffs and win a round) or they're soon fired. They're not interested in sticking a kid who can't immediately contribute out there and absorbing loses so he can learn. I can't think of any recent player who was a 1st round draft pick that sat on the bench or was sent to the D League for a substantial length of time that then became an important player. The following year the team will have other draft picks who are the hot thing and the previous year's pick is forgotten like yesterday's news. You better be ready to play and contribute immediately if you come out. You get that one chance and that's it.
ok so name 10 players you would select ahead of him. Go ahead. I dare you

Jason Kidd would be the perfect example of developing a jump shot . Same with Derrick Rose and russel Westbrook to an extent . You make it sound impossible

ok so name 10 players you would select ahead of him. Go ahead. I dare you
McCallum, Porter, Deing, Plumlee, Hansboro, Oledipo, Noel, Burke, Thomas (OSU), Shabazz, and I hardly watch any basketball anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

McCallum, Porter, Deing, Plumlee, Hansboro, Oledipo, Noel, Burke, Thomas (OSU), Shabazz, and I hardly watch any basketball anymore.

The only guys in there that night go ahead of him are porter, oladipo, Shabazz, and Noel. Outside chance of plumlee.

MCW isn't remotely to close to being as poor a shooter as Wall.

MCW isn't remotely to close to being as poor a shooter as Wall.

I don't know on this one. MCW from the NBA 3 point line might be really scary. (Granting that Wall is a terrible terrible outside shooter)

I don't know on this one. MCW from the NBA 3 point line might be really scary. (Granting that Wall is a terrible terrible outside shooter)

We'll see next year. I don't think his shot is really broken. Just needs to work on it a little. Wall might have the worst footwork on his shot I've ever seen, and he shoots with his palm.

As for the strength thing, once MCW gets in the NBA and can get his hands on the expensive "supplements" he'll grow into his body right quick. A month in Europe at a training camp and he'll be 210lbs.

a few of those guys are already going to go ahead of him . I mean 10 guys from the spot he will get drafted . And who the hell is hansboro?

a few of those guys are already going to go ahead of him . I mean 10 guys from the spot he will get drafted . And who the hell is hansboro?
assuming he gets drafted around #10

As soon as I saw there was no Marcus Smart in the answer, I knew it didn't make any sense to reply to it.