chad fords chat re dion and fab | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

chad fords chat re dion and fab

Seth Davis is tweeting from Vermont wearing a UK Hoodie that Fab and Dion are possibly, kinda maybe gone after this year...he hates us.

Axeman had Adam Zagoria on a few weeks ago I believe. Zagoria said that he talked to numerous NBA scouts at MSG recently who felt Fab should stay another year and that he isn't ready.

They always say that but when it comes to a 7 footer with some skills, they will still draft him and most likely in the 1st round.

They always say that but when it comes to a 7 footer with some skills, they will still draft him and most likely in the 1st round.
Agreed. Legitimate 7 footer, elite shot blocker, solid athlete, advanced ball skills = absolutely worth a 1st round pick. He's a few years away but, man, he's got all of the tools to be a very good NBA center.

Certainly not any inside information that anyone should rely on. Since the semester began, there's been a lot of buzz up here (among students and faculty) that both of those guys weren't planning on spending much time in class this semester. Probably should be taken with some number of grains of salt.

There goes our APR. This situation (not leaving in good academic standing) actually scares me more than missing the players on the court. We'll be fine on the court if they leave, but we can't afford these negative APR affecting situations unless the rules get changed soon. Hopefully we have figured out a way to make sure these guys who leave early finish the semester out in good academic standing.

There goes our APR. This situation (not leaving in good academic standing) actually scares me more than missing the players on the court. We'll be fine on the court if they leave, but we can't afford these negative APR affecting situations unless the rules get changed soon. Hopefully we have figured out a way to make sure these guys who leave early finish the semester out in good academic standing.

If that's true, yeah. It'd kill the APR. We can afford to have two leave, but we can't afford to have two leave without being in good standing. I'd be more concerned about that than about losing two good players.

We'll see.

Agreed. Legitimate 7 footer, elite shot blocker, solid athlete, advanced ball skills = absolutely worth a 1st round pick. He's a few years away but, man, he's got all of the tools to be a very good NBA center.
All of which is why Fab will be a lottery pick and will almost certainly be selected before Dion. Guys with Dion's skills are much easier to find.

Dion would feel like he was dissing himself if he came back another year. What a rude awakening he has coming.
Fab---I really don't know what to think. He'd be better off staying, but could probably develop into a serviceable center on a team that needed a backup.

Freaking Daniel Orton went in the first round so obviously Fab is a first round lock. Another year and I think Fab and Dion are lottery picks with guaranteed contracts but if they want to leave after this year, I have no problem with it as they are both first rounders. I just hope they see what can happen (Donte Greene)

seriously starting to think Dion isn't even going to class or at least not doing his work, lot's of late night workouts, which is good but not if he is doing it at the expense of his school work

anyone see his tweet saying he would be back home after the season ends, obviously could mean nothing but hopefully he doesn't just bolt

Boeheim has pretty much said these guys are gone without actually saying the words, not sure why people think they will be back

FAB loves SU but hates school. When talking about the draft, what special skill set does Dion bring to the NBA. He's not great at anything. Ok handle, ok passer, below average shooter, good quickness, can get to the rim, but doesn't finish on a regular basis. Excellent athlete. Sounds like a lot of good college players.

there is a reason why the 13th scholarship goes unfilled and instead gets awarded to a walk on with good grades . . . I don't recall hearing that any of this year's walk ons was awarded a scholarship, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. In fact, there would be a 2nd one available for this semester with Mookie bolting the squad. Game the system and give the open 'ships to Resavy and Tomaszewski, who are graduating seniors and were all-conference academics last year.

hopefully lots of grains of salt as 'Cuse APR would take a big hit if they both leave...as importantly, what scout told Chad that they would leave...isnt Dion no more than a 6th man who is shooting about 25% in the last few games and Fab is far from understanding the word rebound...yup..they leave and end in the top 20 of those drafted...ha!