Champs League | Syracusefan.com

Champs League

Big c@#$ Divok!!! YNWA!!!

The Drake curse continues...

Go Reds!!! Awesome game! Now for the next miracle on Sunday: City to lose/draw against Brighton &HA and for Liverpool to beat the wolves!! Fun time to be a Liverpool fan!

Barca should have had a goal. Messi in particular. Absolute choke from Barca.

Will Klopp finally get that champions league final W?

Insane comeback by Liverpool tonight. Just wow. I thought the Tottenham v. City 2nd leg was an all-time great match, but it never gets better than coming from behind against Barcelona.

Go Reds!!! Awesome game! Now for the next miracle on Sunday: City to lose/draw against Brighton &HA and for Liverpool to beat the wolves!! Fun time to be a Liverpool fan!

CIty's game to lose was last weekend against Leicester. It will take a miracle for them to drop points to Brighton, especially since Brighton are safe now. But Liverpool can certainly beat Ajax for the Champions League title.

Did you see what Pochittino said in his press conference? That if they somehow win Champions League, he can close the book on this part of his Tottenham coaching career? Another wow. Way to psych up your boys before the big match, telling them you're probably going to "peace, out" this summer.

CIty's game to lose was last weekend against Leicester. It will take a miracle for them to drop points to Brighton, especially since Brighton are safe now. But Liverpool can certainly beat Ajax for the Champions League title.

Did you see what Pochittino said in his press conference? That if they somehow win Champions League, he can close the book on this part of his Tottenham coaching career? Another wow. Way to psych up your boys before the big match, telling them you're probably going to "peace, out" this summer.
Although I'm still hoping I agree that the game for City to lose was against Leicester City. Kompany's goal to win that game was impressive.
Liverpool will probably be favored against either the Spurs or Ajax. I'm not sure who I want to win today, probably the Spurs so there is an all premier league final. Plus some of the young players on Ajax are very good. If the Spurs win, will Harry Kane be back for the final?

Although I'm still hoping I agree that the game for City to lose was against Leicester City. Kompany's goal to win that game was impressive.
Liverpool will probably be favored against either the Spurs or Ajax. I'm not sure who I want to win today, probably the Spurs so there is an all premier league final. Plus some of the young players on Ajax are very good. If the Spurs win, will Harry Kane be back for the final?

A friend of mine in the office wants Ajax to win because it's been 30 years since they were a true European power, and it would great from a storyline perspective. He also said he didn't want Spurs to beat Ajax because he didn't want the Champions League Final to be just like it was another Premier League game.

I sort of see his point, but I certainly wouldn't be upset with an All- England Final. Spurs with Harry in the Final would be a good reward for their past few years of "trophy-less excellence", but if that were the case, I would hope that Mo Salah and Bobby Firmino would also be back, so we got to see the best of both sides.

Personally, although my club is Chelsea, I have always enjoyed the attacking verve of Liverpool, going back to Brendan Rogers and that terrific team he had with Sturridge, Suarez and Sterling. That was a crazy attacking team. If they could have played any defense (and but for "The Slip"), that team should have broken Liverpool's drought of Premier League titles.

I love Klopp. To me, he gives young players a chance to develop and coaches them well, like Pochettino, but he has such a bright, engaging personality. He's so funny, he's so humble, and he really seems to love his players. I wish that Mourinho had been more like Klopp when he came back to Chelsea a few seasons ago.

I like Mourinho for all that he has accomplished. Watching his reaction to the Liverpool comeback last night on Be In Sports showed a man who is mellowing, and who maybe has finally learned that you have to build up these young players today, and give them a hug once in awhile, not just the stick.

One more point about Pochettino and his press conference - I'm thinking that Spurs' (and really Daniel Levy's) refusal to get any new players for the past two windows got to Poch, and is what has him thinking about the door. "If this guy isn't going to buy me any new players to keep the side fresh, and the players under pressure for their spots in the lineup, I can't keep this up. I can't get any more out of these players without some fresh blood." And he's right - Spurs have collapsed the last 3 seasons at the end of the year.

Tottenham does it again on the road.

Ajax played a great first 30 minutes, and then they shut down, lost their edge.
Spurs' comeback was really impressive and emotional. They were truly dead in the water.

The Champions League script writers deserve an award!

It has been an insane series of games, with a lot of new faces getting big results.

People were getting tired of the same old teams meeting every year. The new seeding system apparently worked pretty well.

Premiere League money is finally allowing their teams to break thru in Europe.

Champions League Final Liverpool vs. Tottenham.
Europa League Final Arsenal vs. Chelsea.

The finals are both EPL derbys.
The crazy thing is none of these 4 are even the leaders of the league which is Man City.
The TV contracts of the EPL are finally showing as the league is the richest league.

Premiere League money is finally allowing their teams to break thru in Europe.

Champions League Final Liverpool vs. Tottenham.
Europa League Final Arsenal vs. Chelsea.

The finals are both EPL derbys.
The crazy thing is none of these 4 are even the leaders of the league which is Man City.
The TV contracts of the EPL are finally showing as the league is the richest league.

This is going to be great for England's UEFA Coefficient, which had been taking a beating recent years. I hope the trend keeps up. I prefer to see the best players and the best coaches mostly in England. That keeps it the best competition.

We've conquered all of Europe
We're never gonna stop
From Paris down to Turkey
We've won the f!@#ing lot!

Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley
The fields of Anfield Road
We're your loyal supporters
And we come from Liverpool!

Allez Allez Allez
Allez Allez Allez
Allez Allez Allez
Allez Allez Allez

Last edited:
Without Firmino and Mo Salah as well.
Kloop is insanely good.
Congratulations to ImperialOrange

Still speechless... And still buzzed. Next time I she'd tears over a sporting event will be when Dino does it. Siiiixxxx times, we've won it siiiixxxx times!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom