Chan Jones tweet | Syracusefan.com

Chan Jones tweet

cuseclappy

Winner 2016 SU Football Season Prediction Contest
I cant get on twitter from my work computer but it says:

"I wonder where people get this info?"

Chandler Jones is doing the right thing. He is getting graded.

I give it a 20% chance at most that he leaves.

Shamarko, on the other hand... I'm not so confident... Heard that he has been looking forward to this for awhile, and worry he may be apt to make the wrong decision (wrong imo)

Not a bad strategy. If nothing else, it will help him identify the areas of his game that need the most improvement.

Chan Jones isnt going anywhere...nothing wrong with gettting graded and seeing what you need to improve on. He has stated that under no circumstances is he leaving early. He will be back next year.

Chan Jones isnt going anywhere...nothing wrong with gettting graded and seeing what you need to improve on. He has stated that under no circumstances is he leaving early. He will be back next year.

"Under no circumstances"? Not saying he didn't say that, but that is pretty short-sighted view.

44cuse

"Under no circumstances"? Not saying he didn't say that, but that is pretty short-sighted view.

44cuse

I probably shouldnt have said that he stated that...as I dont recall his exact words. But he did say that he will not leave early and that he will play out all his eligibility, and I have never seen him say that he will even entertain the thought. He talked about that decision and why it was, I dont recall if it was about beinga kid and enjoying college, or making sure he got his degree...but he explained it. It was last year or I would try to look up the article.

Chan isn't leaving. I think he and his family knows the importance of getting a masters and setting himself up for life after football. Art Jones' stock was so high after his RS-JR year, stayed and got hurt, but is now #2 behind possibly the best pure DT in the league. Both obviously come from a good family who seem to have their sights set on the important things.

I probably shouldnt have said that he stated that...as I dont recall his exact words. But he did say that he will not leave early and that he will play out all his eligibility, and I have never seen him say that he will even entertain the thought. He talked about that decision and why it was, I dont recall if it was about beinga kid and enjoying college, or making sure he got his degree...but he explained it. It was last year or I would try to look up the article.

Wasn't a commentary on your recollection or anything like that. Completely believe that to be the case. More a commentary on if you have the chance to go to the NFL...avoid injury and go. If you are in a successful program where you have a chance to win a NC or potentially a Heisman, then maybe there is some consideration. But if you are in a struggling to bad program like ours and can go to the NFL...I would have no issue with the kid choosing to go. And would think it the smart call. Not like we are talking about Donte Green here. ;)

44cuse

Was on the sideline at the Pitt game and saw Shamarko getting emotional when the pick 6 TO sealed the fate of the Cuse in that game and their hope of a bowl game... Maybe the decision was made and he knew his Cuse career was over?

unless he plans on playing in canada his whole career would be over. who is gonna pick up a slow undersized small safety in the nfl?

unless he plans on playing in canada his whole career would be over. who is gonna pick up a slow undersized small safety in the nfl?
You can call Shamarko a lot of things, slow is not one of them...

You can call Shamarko a lot of things, slow is not one of them...

Depends on what you're comparing him to. He's sure as hell not fast, especially by NFL standards.

Depends on what you're comparing him to. He's sure as hell not fast, especially by NFL standards.

shamarko was consistently the 2nd or 3rd fastest on the team behind graham and krautman.

shamarko was consistently the 2nd or 3rd fastest on the team behind graham and krautman.

Unless he demonstrates that in a way that shows up on the field -- pass coverage, for instance -- it's irrelevant.

For example, you note Graham. When was the last time he caught a deep ball?

Love Shamarko, he hits hard for his size, but he has never shown speed on the field.

And if you believe he runs a 4.2, I have a new can't-miss play on Euro bonds I'd like to discuss with you.

krautman?

I know that's an easy laugh and I tried hard to resist it in my reply.

But he did run down a KO returner in one of our series of losses -- god, they all blend together, was it Cincy? -- so he can run.

Still, his speed is about as irrelevant as Shamarko's unless the latter starts to show it on the field.

(PS - I know Shamarko hurt his hammy at USC. I was there as he limped off. But he was not especially fast when it mattered even before the injury.)

lol, ah.. i know he has quite a off season workout regime, he trains at a place nearby. I was thinkin it could be possible

One would argue that might be one of the problems with this team lack of team speed. To play in the secondary you can have speed but poor technique and angles and still get burned.

The NFL will stop looking at Chandler this year after he got run down by Pitt OLinemen after his INT

I would encourage you to look at starting NFL safeties around the league. Shamarko is the exact same size. Was going to make a list but got through the AFC North and found only 1 of 8 starting safeties that is any bigger that Shamarko.

I would venture to guess hes fast enough as well. Only ? is his pass coverage skills. If an NFL scout thinks they can coach him up in that department he will likely grade out pretty well.

there were 7 safeties picked over him in the BE all conf teams, five of them underclassmen. Spruill who many think played poorly and will be losing his spot next year made the team.

still when you have 5 players make the team and still struggle as an offense who really knows what is going on.

there were 7 safeties picked over him in the BE all conf teams, five of them underclassmen. Spruill who many think played poorly and will be losing his spot next year made the team.

still when you have 5 players make the team and still struggle as an offense who really knows what is going on.
play calling!
lack of leadership!

Unless he demonstrates that in a way that shows up on the field -- pass coverage, for instance -- it's irrelevant.

For example, you note Graham. When was the last time he caught a deep ball?

Love Shamarko, he hits hard for his size, but he has never shown speed on the field.

And if you believe he runs a 4.2, I have a new can't-miss play on Euro bonds I'd like to discuss with you.

Don't know what you're smokin chief.Let's just leave it at Shamarko is fast and he's football fast. Few fly to the ball the way this guy does when healthy.You have no future as a scout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom