Chancellor Cantor: Rutgers Fan | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chancellor Cantor: Rutgers Fan

It was Buzz and Nike. Not Cantor. Nike sold the AD and Buzz on our brand being better as the Orange. I hate it and all of us still use Orangemen/Orangewomen and thankfully most fanbases do as well.

ok cool got it- I thought so - haha it might have been you who responded then too :)

Difference is class was in session, we were already seated - and she purposely interrupted to have us get up in the middle of lecture and go sit on the floor to let the late arrivals get our seats. It was a spur of the moment thing and you had to "be there" so to speak. Being a gentleman involves actually knowing there is an opportunity to do so. Not being told by the 5'0 feminist chancellor to get your stuff and get out of your seat for a few hungover girls... big difference.
I think what Unitas19 meant was since feminism involves the belief that men and women are not only equal but essentially the same, and therefore expecting no special treatment, a feminist wouldn't expect a male to give up his seat to a female.

Difference is class was in session, we were already seated - and she purposely interrupted to have us get up in the middle of lecture and go sit on the floor to let the late arrivals get our seats. It was a spur of the moment thing and you had to "be there" so to speak. Being a gentleman involves actually knowing there is an opportunity to do so. Not being told by the 5'0 feminist chancellor to get your stuff and get out of your seat for a few hungover girls... big difference.
Being a gentleman is antiquated crap. Be corteous and thoughtful in all situations, regardless of gender. Be a good person

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

1st time these words have ever been spoken?

"It will be great because it’s in Newark and close to campus," Cantor said.

Isn't that the truth?

But the best quote is: "I’m used to turmoil, honestly," Cantor said.

She is really working herself down the food chain.
Next stop: Rutgers-Camden.

Being a gentleman is antiquated crap. Be corteous and thoughtful in all situations, regardless of gender. Be a good person

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I don't disagree - but in this instance - the act of us not getting up out of our seats in the middle of lecture so the girls behind us could sit there is not being unthoughtful. Being cordial and thoughtful goes without saying in my opinion. Getting up and interrupting the lecture is disrespectful in its own right. Again if you have ever been in that lecture hall when its full - it causes a stir to do something like that mid-lecture.

Maybe I'm missing something... but that seems like the opposite of feminism - being a gentleman and giving a girl your seat??

You really need to spit out the blue pill and get the red pill - game theory is where it's at. "Being a gentleman" applies to a society that feminism killed off.

I'm not saying its right or leads to a stable society - just that its reality. Feminism has led to a society in which social policy is dictated by the female imperative, in which all the old behavioral rules no longer apply. Feminism demands that women are to be treated as equals...except in the cases where women get privileged treatment (a man giving up his seat, for example). Idiotic world view advanced by intellectual toddlers.

Lol, how freakin' embarrassing--nearly a 40% pay cut! (from the Daily Orange):

"In the article, Cantor said she was not actively looking for another leadership job, but was approached to take the $385,00 job — a cut from her current salary of about $615,000. She said she was attracted to Rutgers’ racially diverse and urban campus, according to The Star-Ledger"

http://dailyorange.com/2013/06/cant...ail&utm_term=0_737851c5ca-610294eba0-42149685

lol- knowing buttgers fans they will surely think this somehow is sports related and elevates them to blue blood status...

Hate to break it to them but she didn't have an SU offer. It was pulled before she committed there.

I could not stand her... I will never forget the day she popped into one of my lectures in the law building ( grant I believe - whatever the big one in there is) and a bunch of of us were in the back for professor Lawrence (Thomas I believe was his last name) sitting in the last row of chairs. She came in and grabbed four girls, three of which were way late because of being hungover ( friday morning class) and proceeded to come tell four of us to hop out of our seats and let these girls not have to sit on the floor. She then kicked out another guy as well so she could sit with them. It may be insignificant to most but she was a complete B78tch in telling us to get up and move. Her feminism crap was irritating. That is one of many things I couldn't stand about her...
What is funny about this is that doesn't "feminism" want equality for women? If so, then the 4 girls shouldn't get preferential treatment for being female, i.e. they sit where seats are available. A true feminist would have given a look of distain to a guy who offered her a seat for no other reason that she was a female.

It was Buzz and Nike. Not Cantor. Nike sold the AD and Buzz on our brand being better as the Orange. I hate it and all of us still use Orangemen/Orangewomen and thankfully most fanbases do as well.
Heck, follow pro branding and change back and reep the profits for the scramble to get the "new" stuff.

This is where Nancy should have been all along - the Newark campus of rutgers is not dealing with reputational issues - it is dealing with expansion of access of 4 year education to people who otherwise wouldn't have access to it. It has public money to blow. It doesn't have an alumni donor base to pis* off. I saw nothing inherently wrong with Nancy's experiment...except that killing the academic reputation of a private school with $35k tuition pushes it down to a level where it is forced to compete with schools that have $10k tuition. So the people who aren't beneficiaries of the big financial aid push (upper middle class kids choosing between a list of private schools), face an economic choice - and the value per dollar of a syracuse degree declines with the drop in reputation. Her ideas are fine - but the setting was wrong. And i'm upset about it because it's really hurt the reputation of this school and dumbed down the product (students) coming out of it at the undergraduate level - i know this having served as a mentor over the year - the kids are way less polished and sophisticated today then they were ten years ago. all of this is generalizing...but people make decisions through generalization (like who gets passed HR to the real interviews, which college to select, generalizations about intellect in social settings) - no one has time or the mental capacity to do much else most of the time. We use rules of thumb in decision making. Syracuse used to be in that category of 'good school, bet you had a great time there' when mentioned to people who don't know much about the school. that level is good enough to get you past HR. The new thing is 'syracuse has some strong programs not sure what they are outside of producing annoying anchors and staff for local tv stations'. that's not gong to get you past the HR round for good jobs.

Rutgers Newark is perfect for her - just wish she'd realized that 8 years ago or whenever she showed up on the hill.

This is where Nancy should have been all along - the Newark campus of rutgers is not dealing with reputational issues - it is dealing with expansion of access of 4 year education to people who otherwise wouldn't have access to it. It has public money to blow. It doesn't have an alumni donor base to pis* off. I saw nothing inherently wrong with Nancy's experiment...except that killing the academic reputation of a private school with $35k tuition pushes it down to a level where it is forced to compete with schools that have $10k tuition. So the people who aren't beneficiaries of the big financial aid push (upper middle class kids choosing between a list of private schools), face an economic choice - and the value per dollar of a syracuse degree declines with the drop in reputation. Her ideas are fine - but the setting was wrong. And i'm upset about it because it's really hurt the reputation of this school and dumbed down the product (students) coming out of it at the undergraduate level - i know this having served as a mentor over the year - the kids are way less polished and sophisticated today then they were ten years ago. all of this is generalizing...but people make decisions through generalization (like who gets passed HR to the real interviews, which college to select, generalizations about intellect in social settings) - no one has time or the mental capacity to do much else most of the time. We use rules of thumb in decision making. Syracuse used to be in that category of 'good school, bet you had a great time there' when mentioned to people who don't know much about the school. that level is good enough to get you past HR. The new thing is 'syracuse has some strong programs not sure what they are outside of producing annoying anchors and staff for local tv stations'. that's not gong to get you past the HR round for good jobs.

Rutgers Newark is perfect for her - just wish she'd realized that 8 years ago or whenever she showed up on the hill.

There is something inherently wrong with knowingly weakening Syracuse's hard won academic reputation for the sake of her perceived higher calling to make amends for history. Just hope that her replacement will change direction.

What is funny about this is that doesn't "feminism" want equality for women? If so, then the 4 girls shouldn't get preferential treatment for being female, i.e. they sit where seats are available. A true feminist would have given a look of distain to a guy who offered her a seat for no other reason that she was a female.

Unfortunately - it seems that some don't quite get that concept .. and instead think that kicking four guys out of their seats makes a better point. I actually didn't share that to start a discussion on feminism.. more just a story of showing what a pain in the arse Cantor was..

prepare for 2 weeks of bernie fine in the news. The NJ press is going to have a field day bringing up her handling of the issue.
Methinks they are not ones to be throwing stones...