Chancellor Cantor: Rutgers Fan | Syracusefan.com

Chancellor Cantor: Rutgers Fan

unbelievable. in her wheelhouse?

and then this...

Price said. "For a university president to leave a major university to take a chancellorship at Rutgers underscores the stature of Rutgers and the stature of the Newark campus."

uhhh... thats exhibit A how to stretch the truth to make it look really good.

Wow! Just Wow!

Words escape me at this moment.

"A coup for the University". That is so true. Coup for Syracuse not Rutgers. Syracuse should be ecstatic. I have the same amount of love and respect for Rutgers as I ever did for Cantor, it is a win win for me.

prepare for 2 weeks of bernie fine in the news. The NJ press is going to have a field day bringing up her handling of the issue.

lol- knowing buttgers fans they will surely think this somehow is sports related and elevates them to blue blood status...

Chancellor Cantor's contract wasn't renewed by the SU BOT so its not shocking she got another job, but its bad for her that she didn't get another presidency/chancellorship off the bat. It will be interesting to see if she replaces Robert Barachi after Rutgers merges all of its campuses after the negative PR he has gone thru.

Good riddance. Hopefully the next chancellor will get the school back to where it was before the munchkin's social experiments

Amen. This should have been a period where Syracuse moved up in academic rankings. Thanks to Nancy's political correctness Syracuse became less prestigious. No doubt she is proud of herself despite the foolishness of sacrificing the value of an SU diploma in order to make herself feel good for supposedly correcting wrongs committed by various people that are long since dead. Misguided liberal - good riddance.

Amen. This should have been a period where Syracuse moved up in academic rankings. Thanks to Nancy's political correctness Syracuse became less prestigious. No doubt she is proud of herself despite the foolishness of sacrificing the value of an SU diploma in order to make herself feel good for supposedly correcting wrongs committed by various people that are long since dead. Misguided liberal - good riddance.

I could not stand her... I will never forget the day she popped into one of my lectures in the law building ( grant I believe - whatever the big one in there is) and a bunch of of us were in the back for professor Lawrence (Thomas I believe was his last name) sitting in the last row of chairs. She came in and grabbed four girls, three of which were way late because of being hungover ( friday morning class) and proceeded to come tell four of us to hop out of our seats and let these girls not have to sit on the floor. She then kicked out another guy as well so she could sit with them. It may be insignificant to most but she was a complete B78tch in telling us to get up and move. Her feminism crap was irritating. That is one of many things I couldn't stand about her...

hey all - I know I have asked this before some time ago - was it Buzz or Cantor who drove the change from orangemen to orange? I know it officially occurred during cantor's reign but I could swear someone said it was actually Buzz? Or was that just the hey song he wanted shut down?

hey all - I know I have asked this before some time ago - was it Buzz or Cantor who drove the change from orangemen to orange? I know it officially occurred during cantor's reign but I could swear someone said it was actually Buzz? Or was that just the hey song he wanted shut down?
It was Buzz and Nike. Not Cantor. Nike sold the AD and Buzz on our brand being better as the Orange. I hate it and all of us still use Orangemen/Orangewomen and thankfully most fanbases do as well.

My recollection was that it was Nike that drove the name change.

Being PC and liberal has led to SU's academic slide? Being Nancy may have had something to do with it, but being PC and liberal...I'll have to think about that as I walk across campus down here.

Being PC and liberal has led to SU's academic slide? Being Nancy may have had something to do with it, but being PC and liberal...I'll have to think about that as I walk across campus down here.
I don't like liberalism at all. But I don't think that had anything to do with it at all.

The PC BS does though. The only thing it teaches is how to find some way to be offended by everything in life regardless of who, how or why it was said. And the fact it is applied differently depending on which side (right or left) feels a need to use it shows it for what it is ... pure BS and an abysmal waste of time and energy.

Is it a liberal or a conservative policy to augment admissions criteria to include liberal social goals? Like it or not, the value of a degree depends on the ranking of the issuing institution. Nancy used Syracuse as a social experiment and is proud of it despite the decline in our academic standing. The blame goes to the BOT.

I could not stand her... I will never forget the day she popped into one of my lectures in the law building ( grant I believe - whatever the big one in there is) and a bunch of of us were in the back for professor Lawrence (Thomas I believe was his last name) sitting in the last row of chairs. She came in and grabbed four girls, three of which were way late because of being hungover ( friday morning class) and proceeded to come tell four of us to hop out of our seats and let these girls not have to sit on the floor. She then kicked out another guy as well so she could sit with them. It may be insignificant to most but she was a complete B78tch in telling us to get up and move. Her feminism crap was irritating. That is one of many things I couldn't stand about her...

Maybe I'm missing something... but that seems like the opposite of feminism - being a gentleman and giving a girl your seat??

My recollection was that it was Nike that drove the name change.
That's what I remember reading. They claimed it would strengthen the brand by unifying it. I hate when business people stick there noses where they don't belong.

Maybe I'm missing something... but that seems like the opposite of feminism - being a gentleman and giving a girl your seat??

Difference is class was in session, we were already seated - and she purposely interrupted to have us get up in the middle of lecture and go sit on the floor to let the late arrivals get our seats. It was a spur of the moment thing and you had to "be there" so to speak. Being a gentleman involves actually knowing there is an opportunity to do so. Not being told by the 5'0 feminist chancellor to get your stuff and get out of your seat for a few hungover girls... big difference.