chances we hold onto Zach Allen | Syracusefan.com

chances we hold onto Zach Allen

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
With his consent ! I say 43.6 %

75%. I think that he knows and trusts SS. I'm sure the right things are being said about SS goal for O.

depends on who Shafer brings on as his OC... and then it will be up to the two of them to sell Mr Allen but I think when you have change like this you have to resign yourself to losing at least 4-5 kids off the commit list, a close #2 pick for a kid becomes that much more appealing and not blaming anyone it's part of the business and or game

I think you may see Shafer become the qb coach as well if he can't find thr right fit at OC/ qb coach

i think 99%. he is coming up in a few days.

depends on who Shafer brings on as his OC... and then it will be up to the two of them to sell Mr Allen but I think when you have change like this you have to resign yourself to losing at least 4-5 kids off the commit list, a close #2 pick for a kid becomes that much more appealing and not blaming anyone it's part of the business and or game

I think you may see Shafer become the qb coach as well if he can't find thr right fit at OC/ qb coach
We were lining up to have a pretty crappy recruiting haul this year, even with Marrone coming back. That's why I haven't been too concerned about trying to "save" this class vs getting the right guy for the future. I was much more concerned with keeping the guys currently on the roster.

That said, I hope that we keep everyone in the class, because I think there are some good players in it, just overall, from a numbers perspective, it wasn't shaping up to be a stellar class.

Can you back out of signing a LOI?

My understanding is that it's binding. You can sit out and lose a year of eligibility.

It may not keep him from leaving if he feels betrayed, but the tweet to Wolfgang Shafer was at least a good sign that he's not too miffed.

My understanding is that it's binding. You can sit out and lose a year of eligibility.

It may not keep him from leaving if he feels betrayed, but the tweet to Wolfgang Shafer was at least a good sign that he's not too miffed.

That's what I find confusing but I suppose he would redshirt anywhere he'd go if he wanted to leave. I'm pretty excited to have these two young qb's going to Syracuse and I hope they both are here in the fall.

ZA has a tremendous opportunity now as every QB on the team is now starting over. That creates a level playing field for someone coming in new like Allen. I put the odds that he starts next year higher with these changes now than before due to the changes. If he truly wants playing time right away as it seems, then the odds just went up.

i dont think he signed LOI, he signed shool admission forms or some such. you cant even send out LOI to high school kids until a certain time. Early admission is a different animal.

ZA has a tremendous opportunity now as every QB on the team is now starting over. That creates a level playing field for someone coming in new like Allen. I put the odds that he starts next year higher with these changes now than before due to the changes. If he truly wants playing time right away as it seems, then the odds just went up.

This^^^^His odds of getting a shot as the starter probably just went up. Whole new ball game.

I am pretty sure I read that he did not sign an LOI, based on the timing of his arrival at SU. So I think, technically, he would not have to sit out a year anywhere if he (God forbid) decides to go elsewhere.

I think ZA has a better chance to start at QB next year with Marrone gone, too.

I read somewhere earlier that his LOI was ceremonial or symbolic. Not a real LOI, just a show for a small press/commitment event.

Was his tweet exchange with Shafer's son before or after the Hackett news broke?

Give him his release if there is any binding obligation and let the kid go if he wants to.
Remember JB held Jason Hart to his commitiment even though he wanted out ( I think J Hart missed his girlfriend or something like that) I know it was different circumstances.

Was his tweet exchange with Shafer's son before or after the Hackett news broke?

it was right around the time of the news releasing.

I have tried to make this point in other posts, but I'll try again. Why do you have to resign youself to losing 4-5 kids when you have change like this. Look at Rutgers last year, they lost a somewhat successful coach to the NFL last minute, like us, they acted quickly and promoted from within, and if I remember correctly, they lost none, or only 1 recruit. Rutgers is not exactly a major power that can expect to keep the train easily on the tracks, right! They pulled it off, and many other schools can easily survive times like these, even Rutgers. However, and here is the crux of my point, Syracuse is a much more fragile structure , so to speak. Our football environment here is a house of cards, that until we get a much better footing on our football foundation, can easily fall. WE, can expect to lose 4-5 good recruits possibly. Many other schools shrug their shoulders and move on, even Rutgers, we can not. This is why what is being done to SU, by supposedly someone who loved this place, is soo hard to swallow! you are right, WE can expect to lose key recruits!

Impossible to predict until we have a new OC.

From what ZA has said, I think he'll give us full consideration once a new OC is hired and they talk it out...

That said, it's hard to know what sort of damage control mode we're really in with the offensive recruits...

I know this... if I was a recruit and got a call from Floyd Little saying hold tight, Shaf & Hack are 100% on board... announcement in two days... and the next day Marrone confirms he's taking Hackett to the bills, I'd feel jerked-around and kinda pissed...

That whole scenario reeks of unprofessionalism from the program and/or the Athletic Dept.

I would bet Little is pissed as well.

I think the fact that Zach wants to enroll and get started in January is extremely helpful in this case. Frankly, he doesn't really have the time to weigh his options too extensively. I'm 90% sure he'll be here.

I have tried to make this point in other posts, but I'll try again. Why do you have to resign youself to losing 4-5 kids when you have change like this. Look at Rutgers last year, they lost a somewhat successful coach to the NFL last minute, like us, they acted quickly and promoted from within, and if I remember correctly, they lost none, or only 1 recruit. Rutgers is not exactly a major power that can expect to keep the train easily on the tracks, right! They pulled it off, and many other schools can easily survive times like these, even Rutgers. However, and here is the crux of my point, Syracuse is a much more fragile structure , so to speak. Our football environment here is a house of cards, that until we get a much better footing on our football foundation, can easily fall. WE, can expect to lose 4-5 good recruits possibly. Many other schools shrug their shoulders and move on, even Rutgers, we can not. This is why what is being done to SU, by supposedly someone who loved this place, is soo hard to swallow! you are right, WE can expect to lose key recruits!

Because kids commit to coaches and not schools.

We just lost two coaches.

It is fine. It should be expected. And maybe we get involved with some kids that we weren't able to prior with some new coaches coming in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom