Chane Behanan academically ineligible for Louisville | Syracusefan.com

Chane Behanan academically ineligible for Louisville

Tough break for UL if true. Consensus top 5 team, primed for a big year.

I hope none of you whackos go over there and talk smack. This issue is way too close to home for us to talk.

He has been suspended for an exhibition game and Pitino has banned him from speaking to the media for the first semester.

Would this just be for 1st semester, or longer?

Weird timing.
Pitino said that Chane couldn't speak to the media until the second semester of this school year.

Pitino said that Chane couldn't speak to the media until the second semester of this school year.

That's his punishment? I would have taken that for Fab in a heartbeat. "Fab, don't talk to the media until after we win the title.". ;)

This sounds like a pretty lenient academic suspension, unless of course this is some kind of carryover from last season, and he just now became eligible.

That's his punishment? I would have taken that for Fab in a heartbeat. "Fab, don't talk to the media until after we win the title.". ;)

This sounds like a pretty lenient academic suspension, unless of course this is some kind of carryover from last season, and he just now became eligible.
I believe it should be looked at as if he's going to be suspended for the semester, meaning that the media cannot talk to him because he may not technically be part of the team at the moment.

"Contrary to what your Big Blue Nation friends are telling you, this has nothing to do with academics, and though it's a little weird, it's really not that big of a deal."

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2012/1...hanan-suspended-temporarily-banned-from-media

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but while breaks are nice, I'd like for SU to win with opponents at full strength.

Nobody felt like their title was invalid in 2010 or 2012 because our center was hurt.

Would like to see Behanan go up against Nerlens Noel and the Kentucky front line this year.

Nobody felt like their title was invalid in 2010 or 2012 because our center was hurt.

Oh I'm not saying it invalidates it, I'm just not much for openly rooting for injuries or ineligibility hammers.

He has been suspended for an exhibition game and Pitino has banned him from speaking to the media for the first semester.

Rumor has it he told the press he preferred DiGiorno over Papa John's.

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but while breaks are nice, I'd like for SU to win with opponents at full strength.
Never bothers me. Lord knows we've had our share of losses due in large part to ill-fortune. You either outscore your opponent or they outscore you. The only asterisks I've ever seen in record books are for shared or vacated titles. I've never seen one for "so-and-so lost due to missing key player from injury/suspension".

Rumor has it he told the press he preferred DiGiorno over Papa John's.
It's crazy how Papa John's has naming rights to their football stadium and Yum (Pizza Hut, KFC, Long John Silver, Taco Bell) has naming rights on their basketball arena.

It's crazy how Papa John's has naming rights to their football stadium and Yum (Pizza Hut, KFC, Long John Silver, Taco Bell) has naming rights on their basketball arena.
They must really like their fast food in Louisville.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom