Chane Behanan dismissed from Louisville | Syracusefan.com

Chane Behanan dismissed from Louisville

What happened to him? After his freshman season I thought he be an absolute beast for the next 2-3 years. Never saw him as an NBA type guy too small to be a 4 in the league.

Blackshear stinks to. Some Burger Boy. We complain about DC and Rak, but he hasn't improved at all since his first year.

Players supsended/dismissed midseason, Burger boys that are slow to develop to their potential..... Wait...those things only happen at SU

"The university has gone to the met for him"
Seems like a strange place to go for a basketball player.:)

"The university has gone to the met for him"
Seems like a strange place to go for a basketball player.:)
Not really. Chase is quite a fine singer.

Wow! and combined with the fact that Russ Smith has reinjured his leg and may do a Medical Redshirt they are going to be diminished as a team. Apparently he violated a University policy repeatedly. It's great that we have not had to deal with these types of things this year with our current team. It's such a relief when you see other teams going through it rather than Syracuse being the one dealing with some kind of jacked up issue.

It also seems like this year we don't have any players who seem to have a propensity towards controversy and problems always swirling around them. We've had more than our share of Hoopodrama in the past decade.

Wow! and combined with the fact that Russ Smith has reinjured his leg and may do a Medical Redshirt they are going to be diminished as a team. Apparently he violated a University policy repeatedly. It's great that we have not had to deal with these types of things this year with our current team. It's such a relief when you see other teams going through it rather than Syracuse being the one dealing with some kind of jacked up issue.

It also seems like this year we don't have any players who seem to have a propensity towards controversy and problems always swirling around them. We've had more than our share of Hoopodrama in the past decade.

Or maybe one of the cheerleaders.

Wow. look what happens when you don't play well. tough place.

I'm guessing here... but based on the comment: "He knew, without us knowing, that the hammer was about to fall," Pitino said of Behanan possibly being distracted.

I think that it very well could be drug related.

If thats the case... then this dismisal could lead to very heavy addiction in the near future. I know that they are rivals and we hate them, but I dont wish drug addiction on anyone or their families.

Last edited:
On Saturday, ESPN had the start of a series called Men of March. Pitino was the first coach, followed in the next segment by everyone's favorite Calapari. Anyway, Pitino when asked about how he handles his players said that if Behanan had been his player when he was at Kentucky he would have dismissed him from the program. Since that time he has decided that everyone makes a mistake and he ended up saving Behanan. (My words not his exactly)
Looks like whatever the original problem was it reared it's head again.
Men of March was good viewing whether you love those two coaches or not. Hopefully JB will be part of a future episode.

Time for him to work on his receiving skills. An NFL TE is his best shot at a pro pay day.

I hate to see kids throw away their talent and opportunity like this. Hopefully he is able to get his life in order and move on in a positive direction. At least Pitino now knows he won't have him for ACC play next season and can plan for it. Who knows? He may never have made it through the off-season anyway.

I'm gonna get killed for this again but Kevin Ware is suspended too. They may say they want to redshirt him now after he's played 9 games but he failed the same drug test Behanan did. He was suspended last year, this offseason, and now. They prolly can't kick him off since he was made into an American hero for breaking his leg on live TV.

I'm gonna get killed for this again but Kevin Ware is suspended too. They may say they want to redshirt him now after he's played 9 games but he failed the same drug test Behanan did. He was suspended last year, this offseason, and now. They prolly can't kick him off since he was made into an American hero for breaking his leg on live TV.

That reminds me of the time AJ Price became a feel good story by overcoming a near-fatal brain bleed and followed that up by stealing laptops from his classmates.

Wait. What? You mean Ware, not Smith, right?

general question..and perhaps i am crazy for thinking like this...but...

what business is it of the university if the kid is using "recreational drugs?

do they test the general student body? do they test non athlete students who are on scholarship?

general question..and perhaps i am crazy for thinking like this...but...

what business is it of the university if the kid is using "recreational drugs?

do they test the general student body? do they test non athlete students who are on scholarship?
We're talking about a sports team representing the university that has specific rules the team members follow.

:bat:Oh Lord

CusefanATL said:
I'm guessing here... but based on the comment: "He knew, without us knowing, that the hammer was about to fall," Pitino said of Behanan possibly being distracted.

I think that it very well could be drug related.

If thats the case... then this dismisal could lead to very heavy addiction in the near future. I know that they are rivals and we hate them, but I dont wish drug addiction on anyone or their families.

Exactly. How some people can make jokes is beyond me.

If it's drugs, why suspend the kid the previous times and NOT get him help then? As a coach I would have insisted that he take the semester off, go into supervised rehab, take his classes from there, and tell him not to come back until he's clean. Then after he got back I'd put him in a small dorm room with a student manager and turn the thing over twice a week like a cell in Shawshank. Keep him in that patrolled environment for the semester, restrict his extra curricular activities, and force him to stay clean at least for that time. The following season it's back to the real team dorm life with a random check every week. He flunks it once, bye bye.

They probably kept him around too long. Seems his bad habits rubbed off on Ware.