Look at the last two weeks minutes for Syracuse Time of Possession

32 CCSU
33 MTSU
30 CMU
30 LSU
23 NCST
35 PITT
35 CLEMSON

We are sustaining drives and keeping Defenses on the field. I think the worm may have turned in that Pitt game.

32 CCSU
33 MTSU
30 CMU
30 LSU
23 NCST
35 PITT
35 CLEMSON

We are sustaining drives and keeping Defenses on the field. I think the worm may have turned in that Pitt game.

Well, to be fair, the ONLY game we were under 30 was NCST.

But yeah - being able to grind out the clock in the 4th, especially when the opponent knows that's what you're going to try to do, and being able to do so anyway, is an awesome thing.
Especially against Clemson, with their All-World front 4.

32 CCSU
33 MTSU
30 CMU
30 LSU
23 NCST
35 PITT
35 CLEMSON

599 plays to 464

4th downs makes so much difference

just wait until the offense gets 6.5 per play

599 plays to 464

That's what gives me hope that the Babers year 2, game whatever thing is pretty accurate. Our yards per play vs Clemson (5.3) was down slightly from the Pitt game (5.49) - but the difference between the two on D can't be understated. If we hit 5.3 vs Miami (another really solid D), we'll be trending very much in the right direction.

599 plays to 464

That's really pretty stunning... Think about it... over 7 games, net 135 plays to the good. That's almost two games worth of plays over the opponent, could be 4 if you extrapolate it over an entire season.

Who cares if we average .3 yards less per play right now when we're running 30 more plays? Up the YPP and we're dominating.

we crushed the running game with our RB avg 4 yds a game. cant imagine if we have a game that we get to 5.. There are 140 guys 5+.. Dontae is 260th. lots of room for growth without getting near crazy numbers.

there is 1 guy with 100 carries and a worse avg than our 3.1

That's really pretty stunning... Think about it... over 7 games, net 135 plays to the good. That's almost two games worth of plays over the opponent, could be 4 if you extrapolate it over an entire season.

Who cares if we average .3 yards less per play right now when we're running 30 more plays? Up the YPP and we're dominating.
it won't occur to any announcers that a tiny bit of numeracy has made so much difference

599 plays to 464

Our defense is getting off the field so much better this year too. I think I'm more surprised by that. I expected some improvement but not as much as we've had.

...and with the way HCDB runs practices, our Defense does not get tired in the fourth, stifling desperate offenses. Enjoying the overall strategy!

I know it's been pointed out in other threads on how much improvement Brian W. normally gets out of his defenses from year 1 to year 2. To be honest though, I never expected our D to improve this much from year 1. It's been extremely fun to watch.

Our defense is getting off the field so much better this year too. I think I'm more surprised by that. I expected some improvement but not as much as we've had.
our defense got off the field very fast against louisville and pitt last year. it's related to why riley had 50,000 return yards. glass half full!

we crushed the running game with our RB avg 4 yds a game. cant imagine if we have a game that we get to 5.. There are 140 guys 5+.. Dontae is 260th. lots of room for growth without getting near crazy numbers.

there is 1 guy with 100 carries and a worse avg than our 3.1
And who would have thunk that a few games ago. I was ready to give up on Strictland, but I guess he was in no rush. He waited until we were playing the DNC to start gaining yardage.

Torn between getting Black and/or Coleman back for Miami game, and seeing them get fully healthy over the bye week...

Torn between getting Black and/or Coleman back for Miami game, and seeing them get fully healthy over the bye week...
I think if they are anything less than 80% you hold them out and let them fully recover over the bye. No reason to risk further injury and have them out the rest of the season. We did alright against Clemson's offense without them.

our defense got off the field very fast against louisville and pitt last year. it's related to why riley had 50,000 return yards. glass half full!
Haha. I prefer the manner with which they're getting off the field this year.

what else is stunning is that we have a syracuse team where i want to see more plays and not just wish for the sweet release of death to come as quickly as possible

perry patterson had a multiple game stretch where it would've been better if we'd punted on first down every time. i'm not joking, i was compelled to actually figure that out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom