Change the board name from SyracuseFan.com to OrangeEyes.com | Syracusefan.com

Change the board name from SyracuseFan.com to OrangeEyes.com

I don't claim to have known the man, but I seriously doubt this would have been in his wishes. From what I know, Dan never would have wanted the focus taken off of the orange, especially to put himself in the spotlight.

In addition, it also creates the added detriment of making it harder for new people to find the site, and we all know if there is one thing Dan would have wanted, it's to see the Orange community grow and grow, changing the name would only hinder that initiative.

While it would be a great gesture, in my eyes it is a gesture that would ultimately undermine everything the board is about, and to my understanding, the things OE stood for.

Not to mention, what do you do for the next great poster that passes on (you all know it's an inevitability) does the name change again?

I think the name should remain as is, and that there would be a better way to honor Orange Eyes and his legacy amongst fans of the Syracuse Orange.

I don't claim to have known the man, but I seriously doubt this would have been in his wishes. From what I know, Dan never would have wanted the focus taken off of the orange, especially to put himself in the spotlight.

In addition, it also creates the added detriment of making it harder for new people to find the site, and we all know if there is one thing Dan would have wanted, it's to see the Orange community grow and grow, changing the name would only hinder that initiative.

While it would be a great gesture, in my eyes it is a gesture that would ultimately undermine everything the board is about, and to my understanding, the things OE stood for.

Not to mention, what do you do for the next great poster that passes on (you all know it's an inevitability) does the name change again?

I think the name should remain as is, and that there would be a better way to honor Orange Eyes and his legacy amongst fans of the Syracuse Orange.

It's a great idea and the least we could do, but Libero's right.

I think the best thing to do would rename one of the sports boards like the football or lax, w.e., after Orangeeyes. Also, try to get Syracuse University to properly honor their greatest fan in a worthy, timeless fashion.

Changing the name of the website is simply not a good idea in any way really. There's better ways to honor him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom