Change the starting lineup??? | Syracusefan.com

Change the starting lineup???

oTTo113445

2nd String
Starting Lineup broke, needs fixing? This team has trouble adjusting. Other teams only have to adjust to our starters, and after they do it's smooth sailing and relaxing full-court pressure.

A wild prediction, that I wouldn't be surprised to see.
Our starting lineup changes to Girard Buddy Swider Edwards and either Benny, Anslem, Ajax, Symir(ala Griffin) in the next 3 weeks. (Jimmy will become maybe the best 6th man in the country and 3rd team leader and game-changer behind Edwards and Swider; and might rotate to play some stretch 5 late in the first). Someone has got to leave the starting lineup. Without Sidibe, it's either Joe or Jimmy, with Jimmy being the way more consistent player, spark, and toughness. If Braswell was here he would be starting on the biggest stage.

Let me see some Cole Buddy up top to, 4-6 minutes a game could come back to help bigtime later.

Last edited:
Starting Lineup broke, needs fixing? This team has trouble adjusting. Other teams only have to adjust to our starters, and after they do it's smooth sailing and relaxing full-court pressure.

Our starting lineup changes to Girard Buddy Swider Edwards and either Benny, Anslem, Ajax, Symir(ala Griffin) in the next 3 weeks. (Jimmy will become maybe the best 6th man in the country and 3rd team leader and game-changer behind Edwards and Swider; and might rotate to play some stretch 5 late in the first). Someone has got to leave the starting lineup. Without Sidibe, it's either Joe or Jimmy, with Jimmy being the way more consistent player, spark, and toughness. If Braswell was here he would be starting on the biggest stage.

Let me see some Cole Buddy up top to, 4-6 minutes a game could come back to help bigtime later.
Mmmmkay

I’m gonna see my way out and kick some rocks.

I thought the team played better with Symir on the court. He is a true point guard that gets others involved and is a beast on the defensive side. He actually hit a jump shot. When he made that shot I thought that bought him a few more minutes on the court and it actually led to extended minutes. I think the lineup also improves from an athletic standpoint when he is out there.

I thought the team played better with Symir on the court. He is a true point guard that gets others involved and is a beast on the defensive side. He actually hit a jump shot. When he made that shot I thought that bought him a few more minutes on the court and it actually led to extended minutes. I think the lineup also improves from an athletic standpoint when he is out there.
He turned it over 5 times in 20 minutes. He’s been stripped almost as much as Joe has. Everybody has. Has to be our worst ballhandling team ever here.

You're all missing this. When Sidibe comes back we won't lose a game.

Unless Jimmy gets hurt there is ZERO chance he comes off the bench this season. The other players aren’t ‘ready’. Cmon man.

We would have 0 ball handling and no one who has any hope of initiating any sort of offense if we play Buddy and Cole up top.

The obvious move is starting Benny and making Jr the 6th man IMO
Who in our current lineup can handle the ball and initiate offense

I think there is maybe potential for Symmir to be more effective. Same with Benny. But plugging them—one or the other—into a starting role now, before they have actually demonstrated competence…. And replacing experienced guys who have more of a known ‘floor and ceiling’—that just doesn’t seem like it’s in JB’s DNA. And, for half of that equation, it literally is a matter of DNA.

I think we can just hope, in the near term, for just a quicker substitution and that those two guys can just grow into their potentials with experience. Well, with Benny, it’s about potential. With Symmir, I kinda think he is already at/near his potential, minus the glaring mistakes. He doesn’t really have to do that much. Just be steady. Is it possible that he could have more to offer? That he could have a Laz Sims-like burst from not-very-good to a real captain?

I think there is maybe potential for Symmir to be more effective. Same with Benny. But plugging them—one or the other—into a starting role now, before they have actually demonstrated competence…. And replacing experienced guys who have more of a known ‘floor and ceiling’—that just doesn’t seem like it’s in JB’s DNA. And, for half of that equation, it literally is a matter of DNA.

I think we can just hope, in the near term, for just a quicker substitution and that those two guys can just grow into their potentials with experience. Well, with Benny, it’s about potential. With Symmir, I kinda think he is already at/near his potential, minus the glaring mistakes. He doesn’t really have to do that much. Just be steady. Is it possible that he could have more to offer? That he could have a Laz Sims-like burst from not-very-good to a real captain?
Laz Sims was a much different type of player. He was slow but had a great feel for what a point guard should do. It also helped him by the fact he usually had the best player on the floor on his side. Good defense really frustrate our best players on this team, but that wasn’t the case with John Wallace.

I would substitute Symir for Joe
Understand that is your opinion only but That may agitate more of the fan base then keeping joe in the starting lineup. Given the KR decision.

Boeheim would never admit a mistake like that. I think he would prefer to lose with joe then try symir.

I can actually see this as a possibility.

When JB has run into a couple/few losses against tough competition in the past, he has changed his starting five. Doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes it does.

Starting Jimmy made all the sense in the world up to this point. Boeheim has always favored experience over raw athletic ability, especially early in a season. He's just seen too many games lost because of mistakes made by his least experienced players. Whether Jimmy starts or not, he's most definitely going to be a major contributor.

But IF what Boeheim saw in the Auburn game is that his son, Jimmy struggled against a really athletic front line, and he's wondering what he can do to make his team more competitive against those talent-laden teams, he knows he's got Benny and may now be wondering if it might not be a good move to put Benny on The Fast Track, to try to develop him into a powerful weapon by the end of the season.

He may see that what he hopes to achieve with this team may not be possible unless he's got Benny making strong contributions in every game the rest of the way.

Yes, Benny does not yet appear to know what he's doing, but maybe putting him in a starting role would "do the trick", get him more comfortable, mentally, with the challenges he's trying to overcome. This is all purely speculative, but I do think there is at least a remote possibility that it could happen at some point...

Last edited: