Class of 2019 - Charlie Pride (NY / CT) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Charlie Pride (NY / CT)

Ryan must have been persuasive behind closed doors

My alma mater. Is that even a thing for a HS?

1376956.jpg

(sorry, had to)

The constant transferring of local players gets old after awhile. Now a Liverpool kid who would have otherwise made the team will get bumped out. Sucks, but that's how things are now.

Pride is actually a year older because he reclassed as an 8th grader when he went to CBA. There are several solid players in the class of 2018 around town.

Mika is gone after this season. Heard he's prepping it senior year, so Ludden will be out recruiting the public schools again.

The constant transferring of local players gets old after awhile. Now a Liverpool kid who would have otherwise made the team will get bumped out. Sucks, but that's how things are now.

Pride is actually a year older because he reclassed as an 8th grader when he went to CBA. There are several solid players in the class of 2018 around town.

Mika is gone after this season. Heard he's prepping it senior year, so Ludden will be out recruiting the public schools again.

Reclassified as an 8th grader ? Lol .. What's next , holding a kid back in pre k ?

Reclassified as an 8th grader ? Lol .. What's next , holding a kid back in pre k ?

The majority of the top players are held back. Don't laugh - many do start them late right from kindergarden, others wait before high school. One of my sons was a November baby not turning 18 till towards the end of his freshman year in college. He played high school ball against kids who graduated 2 years behind him but were less than 3 months younger than he was. It has totally changed from when I was a kid. Between that and after high school prep schools , it's why we rarely ever see 18 less 17 year old college freshman athletes. Just a sign of the times. In retrospect , I probably should have waited to start him but never even thought of it.

Yeah I read an article talking about how kids are more successful in life the older they are compared to their school peers.

Did it, kind of. My youngest son, born in October, was held back to start school at 5, not 4.
Great for school. No difference for soccer.

Yeah I read an article talking about how kids are more successful in life the older they are compared to their school peers.
But obviously not in the NBA or so we are told.

But obviously not in the NBA or so we are told.

Or it explains college success and why it diminishes when they are around peers their own age or older.

Is the kid more than a D3 player?
I don't think so. Maybe low D1.

Based on the little I have seen of him (maybe half a game last year), don't see him playing high D1.

But I wish him only the best. Glad I will be helping to support a fellow Liverpudlian.

The majority of the top players are held back. Don't laugh - many do start them late right from kindergarden, others wait before high school. One of my sons was a November baby not turning 18 till towards the end of his freshman year in college. He played high school ball against kids who graduated 2 years behind him but were less than 3 months younger than he was. It has totally changed from when I was a kid. Between that and after high school prep schools , it's why we rarely ever see 18 less 17 year old college freshman athletes. Just a sign of the times. In retrospect , I probably should have waited to start him but never even thought of it.

BJ was basically two years younger than most kids in his class because of this. If he had played HS for two more years, think where his ranking would have been.

Smart decision for Charles if he wants to make the step up to possible D1. Not a true PG or shooting guard, although he is very effective at the PG slot.

I believe he had several low D1 offers such as Rider, Iona, Stoneybrook, Robert Morris. I think this decision is eligibility related.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom