Check the map | Syracusefan.com

Check the map

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
Once you add in NY and Penn what states (or programs) are left on the atlantic coast (that have legitimate D1 fball)?

ACC-USA-states_%281%29.PNG

Assuming I know what you are getting at, I'd prefer those 2 states no longer have legitimate football so we can have more legitimate football.

Unless you were talking about Delaware and RI.

Not disputing that New Jersey and Connecticut are the only two states remaining on the East Coast with FBS football teams not in the ACC.

But there must be a reason why the ACC didn't pull the trigger to 16 just yet.

Hate to say it, but I think the ACC's reaction to UConn and Rutgers is that they will still be there for the taking later if necessary.

Cheers,
Neil

Assuming I know what you are getting at, I'd prefer those 2 states no longer have legitimate football so we can have more legitimate football.

Unless you were talking about Delaware and RI.
The Maine Black Bears are the school that jumps out to me.

Plus they have a good hockey team that will help get ND as #16 (I've seen several posts saying to watch what the Irish are doing with their hockey affiliation as a clue to their intentions).

Not disputing that New Jersey and Connecticut are the only two states remaining on the East Coast with FBS football teams not in the ACC.

Hate to say it, but I think the ACC's reaction to UConn and Rutgers is that they will still be there for the taking later if necessary.

Cheers,
Neil

To me the reason must be ND. Hope they get an ultimatum from the ACC.

Cheers,
Neil

+1
UConn and RU are going to sweat this out for the later rounds...

+1
UConn and RU are going to sweat this out for the later rounds...
I think the ACC will wait to see what the SEC does next, which will be contingent on where Texas (rumoured to up to four different conferences or even independent) ends up.

My hope is that the ACC got by any academic/market worries and WVU is the preferred choice for #15 - they have signature/trophy games with SU and Pitt, plus established rivalries with VPI and Maryland. Only problem is that they are supposedly an SEC candidate. Once that plays out, either invite WVU and one of UConn/RU, or both schools if the 'Neers go SEC.

To hell with Rutgers and UConn. I hope we play non-conference games with them in the future with the Left-Behind Conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom