Chibane and Mackey... | Syracusefan.com

Chibane and Mackey...

we aren't really even trying 'in-line' blocking. Instead, we are using a lot of misdirection and zone-blocking schemes. I know that Atkins' style, but I was hoping we'd be able to swallow up the Rhode Island D-Line. So far, not even close.

I guess you take the good (big gains on counters) with the bad (the failed fourth down).

we aren't really even trying 'in-line' blocking. Instead, we are using a lot of misdirection and zone-blocking schemes. I know that Atkins' style, but I was hoping we'd be able to swallow up the Rhode Island D-Line. So far, not even close.

I guess you take the good (big gains on counters) with the bad (the failed fourth down).
Problem is our counters will not work as well against teams with better speed. On some plays we completely forget to block guys who line up in the gap. Kind of the "I thought you were getting him" conversations my 11th and 12th graders have.

Problem is our counters will not work as well against teams with better speed. On some plays we completely forget to block guys who line up in the gap. Kind of the "I thought you were getting him" conversations my 11th and 12th graders have.

I agree. I laughed at the play where we lined up our FB in the slot with a single back set. We started the play by faking away from the slot, and then ran a counter right behind the FB. No one is likely to ever be confused by that look again, haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom