Chris Beard is going to get a really good job

Alsacs

Living Legend
I was looking at his resume.
30-5 at Little Rock-Arkansas
18-14
27-10 Elite 8
26-5 co-Big XII at Texas Tech

Guy has been coach of the year 3 of the last 4 years in his conference and is a strong contender for NCOY.

He is a Texas guy so I don’t see him as a fit here but some hoops first school is going to get an elite young coach.

18-14
27-10 Elite 8

Guy has been coach of the year 3 of the last 4 years in his conference and is a strong contender for NCOY.

He is a Texas guy so I don’t see him as a fit here but some hoops first school is going to get an elite young coach.

They aren’t a hoops first school but LSU just may have an opening soon. Of course they could be on probation for 10 years soon

18-14
27-10 Elite 8

Could be mistaken but I think I heard he’s going to stay put with the possibility Texas opens up soon. Stuff like that changes all the time though.

Hopefully he stays at TTU then in a couple years we can nab him. But of course that won’t happen and he will end up at a top 10 school

Hopefully he stays at TTU then in a couple years we can nab him. But of course that won’t happen and he will end up at a top 10 school

I love how you sneak in little jabs against Syracuse. Congrats on your victory over East Carolina today. Might be enough to keep you in the NET top 100, which would work well for the team that actually has been in a tournament in the last 3 years.

I love how you sneak in little jabs against Syracuse. Congrats on your victory over East Carolina today. Might be enough to keep you in the NET top 100, which would work well for the team that actually has been in a tournament in the last 3 years.

Ha ha. Don't forget that the puppy fans are all pumped up about the big match up with South Florida at noon in their dumpster fire of a conference tournament. Big chance for the mid major puppies to seek revenge for their blowout loss to South Florida earlier in the year. Maybe they will make a rivalry game out of this one?

Cuse

Rumor is Buzz to A&M is done and Willard goes to VPI. Cluess to Seton Hall.
Buzz is good but man he is getting top 10 coach money.
I get A&M has the money but he isn’t that close to that good.
He needs atleast one Final Four to justify that contract.

I don’t like Willard to VPI for the Hokies.
Seton Hall has filled the vacuum of the Syracuse/UConn/Louisville/Pitt leaving.

What about u of A? Any chance Miller’s out?

Remember when Shaka was the flavor of the month? People were clamoring for him here.
Patience has already run out for many here in Austin--including some very influential Texas Exes. I'll still renew my season tickets next year to create the daddy/daughter date night opportunities, but there's plenty of clamoring around here for shakamustgo and Chris Beard. The biggest problem is that two former ADs gave him massive amounts of guaranteed money (initial deal followed by a one-year extension through 2023), with four years and $13.8m currently left in the deal. Even with a giant donor base and a very lucrative athletics program, that's a hell of a lot of money to eat.

Shaka can clearly recruit, and/or the school itself exerts a powerful field of gravity, especially for a football-first institution. But if you think you see a lot of freelancing and pounding the ball around the top of the key at SU, tune on in to one of the UT games so you can put things into perspective. I don't know if he's lost the team, but I think he had abysmal senior "leadership" in Kerwin Roach this year. I have been dying to see him go. My guess is that we'll suffer through one more underachieving year under Shaka, with a firing during the conference slate in 1Q 2020, and then the new blood will sail in as we prepare to open a brand-new hoops facility in 2021. (It's badly needed. I grew up in the Salt City and spent plenty of time in the Dome, and the Erwin Center is like a smaller, similarly-dated concrete tomb.)

SU hoops will always come first for me, no question. But access to 20th-row seats aligned at the free throw line here has been a great way to cultivate a college hoops aficionado in one of my daughters. Here's to better times for both programs.

Patience has already run out for many here in Austin--including some very influential Texas Exes. I'll still renew my season tickets next year to create the daddy/daughter date night opportunities, but there's plenty of clamoring around here for shakamustgo and Chris Beard. The biggest problem is that two former ADs gave him massive amounts of guaranteed money (initial deal followed by a one-year extension through 2023), with four years and $13.8m currently left in the deal. Even with a giant donor base and a very lucrative athletics program, that's a hell of a lot of money to eat.

Shaka can clearly recruit, and/or the school itself exerts a powerful field of gravity, especially for a football-first institution. But if you think you see a lot of freelancing and pounding the ball around the top of the key at SU, tune on in to one of the UT games so you can put things into perspective. I don't know if he's lost the team, but I think he had abysmal senior "leadership" in Kerwin Roach this year. I have been dying to see him go. My guess is that we'll suffer through one more underachieving year under Shaka, with a firing during the conference slate in 1Q 2020, and then the new blood will sail in as we prepare to open a brand-new hoops facility in 2021. (It's badly needed. I grew up in the Salt City and spent plenty of time in the Dome, and the Erwin Center is like a smaller, similarly-dated concrete tomb.)

SU hoops will always come first for me, no question. But access to 20th-row seats aligned at the free throw line here has been a great way to cultivate a college hoops aficionado in one of my daughters. Here's to better times for both programs.
I don’t see Beard leaving Texas Tech right now. I could see him holding out a couple of years for Texas or even Kansas if Self leaves for the NBA. His next job would have to be elite or have massive resources like Texas. Texas A&M isn’t elite.

Random share on a wonderful day for Syracuse but i thought this was pretty cool. Love seeing this stuff. I hope our staff (i know we are very loyal to former players so I'm sure we do) do stuff like this. Awesome to see!

Remember when Shaka was the flavor of the month? People were clamoring for him here.

I'd take Shaka in a heartbeat. He's better suited to a program back East and he plays the style of ball to beat Tony Bennett. Only thing that should matter to us. You reach the top of the mountain by knocking off the guy at the top of it.

I'd take Shaka in a heartbeat. He's better suited to a program back East and he plays the style of ball to beat Tony Bennett. Only thing that should matter to us. You reach the top of the mountain by knocking off the guy at the top of it.

that’s a 2 year old post when Texas wanted to run him out of town.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom