Chris Bell’s “7 point play” | Syracusefan.com

Chris Bell’s “7 point play”

mark79

All Conference
I know it wasn’t really a 7 point play but not sure what else to call it!

He had a layup combined within an intentional foul for two free throws and then a quick three. Didn’t watch the clock, but that had to be 7 points in no more than 5 seconds.

The most famous exhibition I can remember of a player scoring a lot of points quickly is probably Reggie Miller’s 8 points in 9 seconds.

If Chris had been fouled on that three…and then stolen the inbound pass for a deuce that might have been an all-timer of ten lol

He had a layup combined within an intentional foul for two free throws and then a quick three. Didn’t watch the clock, but that had to be 7 points in no more than 5 seconds.

The most famous exhibition I can remember of a player scoring a lot of points quickly is probably Reggie Miller’s 8 points in 9 seconds.

If Chris had been fouled on that three…and then stolen the inbound pass for a deuce that might have been an all-timer of ten lol

I think Chris will surprise some people this year. He's showing a lot more than just starting on the 3 point arc. He had 3 steals the other night compared to 7 last season, he's been on the court for lose balls and seems to be playing with more effort than last year. Time will tell.

He’s staying with his defensive assignments a lot longer and blocking some shots as well. If he does that, he’s a whole different level of player.

We had a 10 point possession against Georgetown where Coleman made 7 of 8 FT’s after a bunch of Thompson technicals, and then Billy Owens(I think) hit a 3.

Haha you beat me to it!! Was just about to post the same.

I remember Tracy Tripucka of Lafayette scoring 7 points in ten seconds - the hard way, under the old rules. There was no three point line. He drove in and made a lay-up while being fouled . He made the free throw. There was a bench technical, then 1 free throw and he made it. Then they inbounded and he drove to the basket again, was fouled but made the lay-up and made the free throw. This time the coach kept his mouth shut.

He would up with 41 points that night., (1/14/71), but was the second highest scorer in the game. SU's 6-11 Bill Smith scored 47 points that night, still SU's scoring record, as we won 106-92 on our way to the NIT and a 19-7 record, the first of 51 consecutive winning seasons, the second best streak of all time, (UCLA had 54).

I read of a game, (I think it was in the 80's and a holiday tournament game between Fordham and maybe Creighton?). Fordham was up by 8 with one second left. In that second two things happened. The Fordham players doused their coach with ice water and some cubes wound up on the floor. The refs calla bench technical on Fordham just as a three pointer was swishing through the hoop to cut the lead to 5 points. A Creighton player made two free throws to cut it to three. The refs put the clock back to that 1 second. Creighton inbounded, threw up a three and it swished, too. But the refs said it was launched too late. Had it counted, they would never have found the bodies of the Fordham players who doused their coach with those ice cubes!

How about this one!! Tracey McGrady scores 13 in 35 seconds to absolutely steal one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom