Chris Bell - 7 rebounds | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Bell - 7 rebounds

Taylor? Justin Taylor? Could not have any less confidence - we are playing 4 on 5 on offense - he plays hard on defense and appears to be a smart player on defense but he’s still a below average athlete though he is pretty tough - we have no depth whatsoever so we are forced to play him
I'm cautiously optimistic that Taylor playing better has been for real and due the change in having him look for scoring chances inside vs on the perimeter, and not fool's gold that some of his better games have happened against our weaker conference opponents. He's not ever going to be the Buddy clone we thought he could be, but regardless of depth issues he seems to be settling into a role that's a lot more helpful than how he was used before.

His effort today was outstanding. All he needs to be excellent is the want to and he can be really good.
I think it's finally clicking for him. He's an amazing talent -- he puts in the extra hustle and he's a terrific player. I was impressed with the pump fake and mid-range shot too. He's got way more in the arsenal than I thought.

His effort today was outstanding. All he needs to be excellent is the want to and he can be really good.
I think he’s always had the want to. As in, I want to get a bunch of open three-point shots. The difference now is that he wants to win. And that’s a great reflection on the progress the coaching staff has made with him and the young man himself.

Taylor? Justin Taylor? Could not have any less confidence - we are playing 4 on 5 on offense - he plays hard on defense and appears to be a smart player on defense but he’s still a below average athlete though he is pretty tough - we have no depth whatsoever so we are forced to play him

lol read much? No one is crowning the kid but he has looked much better the past two games and working hard off the ball and it’s helped us. Your post is unnecessary

Not sure if anyone has mentioned that Bell has had some huge blocks on defense….the hustle is there. I also forgot to mention Copeland earlier….his star is rising as well. My biggest concern is that schools try and poach our guys with promises of big NIL $$$.

I think it's finally clicking for him. He's an amazing talent -- he puts in the extra hustle and he's a terrific player. I was impressed with the pump fake and mid-range shot too. He's got way more in the arsenal than I thought.
He has to have read what we thought he needed to work on of course right lol

Really liking Bell's development...

He had a lot of improvement needed in his game and great to see him starting to put it together...

He has all the tools and athleticism and his struggles with focus have been obvious and something he's admitted to.

Great to see him making real strides... He's my new favorite player to root for.

Also, it's so refreshing to see him build that focus with positivity and effort after the Benny debacle.

BTW, Bell is now at 80 made 3s on .419.

He's entered high volume makes/high efficiency territory. This season his shooting could line up as one of the best in school history. He's a 45/42/83 split.

As a catch and shoot three guy and as a catch/ball fake/one dribble slide three point shooter — he’s one of the best.

And not like in our conference, I mean anywhere for D1.

I’ve been hard on him, imo deservedly so, but if he can grow to get shots off the curls and be in shape enough to run off ball, he’ll have a game where he breaks the school single game record for threes.

He needs to get stronger though and be in the lab all summer.

I also think if Judah moves on, it will actually benefit Chris with the way we may play a bit differently.

Tell us you didn’t watch the game last night without telling us.

Took a year and a half but someone finally got through to him that 3 & D in the NBA doesn’t mean and/or.
I think the weak side shot blocking is intriguing. He has a few of those this season where he genuinely seemed surprised that he didn't just contest, but got the stuff. Now he's going up with a lot more intent and he's winning a few of them.

For a team lacking size, that's pretty big on that end of the floor. For his own development, that's a nifty skill to keep working on that makes for an interesting pro prospect.

Folks are so impatient. Chris is turning into a special player.
Disagree a little on the patience part. He didn’t hustle and play hard at the beginning of his career here. He would pout and not run back on defense. I don’t think Fans should have “patience” for that nonsense. Something has clicked and I love it. So happy for him.

Last edited:
He was great and they weren't just easy rebounds off a missed free throw. He was really battling.
I'm hoping the kid tasted that "blood" (energy from getting it on the defensive side and rebounding), and he LIKED it! He want's more! No more vegetarian a$$ games on O, wants to go "hunting" for big bloody ass "steak" game doing it all!

I've been drinking!! Guess what I'm grilling!!!

Next year: Bell is a potential All-American if he can keep his hustle up and improve his defense next year. This last game showed what he can do when he's engaged. Malik is a potential all-ACC. I say we only lose two from this roster: Mintz and Hima. What I really like is that several members of the team have something to prove. Bell, Taylor, Q, Starling, McLeod all can be much better. It would be nice if we could use Brown at the 4. Also, I can't wait to see if Patterson works out.

Disagree a little on the patience part. He didn’t hustle and play hard at the beginning of his career here. He would pout and not run back on defense. I don’t think Fans should have “patience” for that nonsense. Something has clicked and I love it. So happy for him.
I don’t give passes on that stuff but folks were trashing him for other stuff too. Effort is non negotiable for me.

Bell absolutely can't disappear against Clemson. If there was ever a game where he absolutely needs to show he can play both ends of the floor, it's Tuesday.

Love the hustle and positive contributions from JT, but also consider that the last three games haven't been against the cream of the ACC. I'm confident he's not starting next season and it'll be his decision if he wants to spend his junior and senior year as one of the last off the bench (assuming full strength squad).

Umm...your cat? That's just a wild guess, btw, based on the "I've been drinking!!" info.
Nah man, I was grilling Steak!!

Reactions: 007

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom