Chris Collinsworth | Syracusefan.com

Chris Collinsworth

SWC75

Bored Historian
...is a perfectly competent NFL color man. But he doesn't put much personality into it. He kind of puts me to sleep. I wonder why he's had such along career and got the MNF job.

Yea same. He did have a moment in time i will never forget. During an Inside the NFL show on HBO years ago they were talking about payton manning (Him ,Dan Marino, and..forgot his name) and said he could be another dan marino, omfg the death look he got from marino was pricless and unforgettable. I think it even made sportscenter it was great

He's seen as insightful and opinionated. The suits have loved him from day 1 and his career trajectory was going to land him on MNF sooner or later.

He is boring, but he brings alot of knowledge to the broadcast. I love how he explains certain coverages and QB checks during the game. It is pretty cool stuff.

My problem with him is he gets a lot of smaller stuff wrong. Like when he was talking about how amazing it was that Brees and Ingram have such great chemistry during a pass play last night (since Ingram is a rookie) because Brees through it before Ingram started his cut, and Ingram knew to look for it right away. He went on discussing that. The play he was discussing and the replay being shown, was a pass from Brees to Sproles, who played together in San Diego years ago. I was thinking "how do you watch the whole replay and not see it's a different player?" I've never really cared for him. Much prefer Aikman.

Blaster, that was boomer Eaisason (sp) I watched it live and marino was furious.

He's seen as insightful and opinionated. The suits have loved him from day 1 and his career trajectory was going to land him on MNF sooner or later.

I really like him. I think he brings a lot of good things to the table. I think he lets just enough emotion get into his announcing that it helps connect with the fans. The only problem I have is that he can come off a bit condescending, which is fine, until it's your team, then it can be infuriating.

...is a perfectly competent NFL color man. But he doesn't put much personality into it. He kind of puts me to sleep. I wonder why he's had such along career and got the MNF job.
Errr... SNF on NBC.

I was a bit surprised to see that Michele Tafoya made the jump from ESPN to NBC. I guess this allows her to get back to MSP for her weekday radio gig.

Blaster, that was boomer Eaisason (sp) I watched it live and marino was furious.

thanks couldn't remember. Yea CC was about to get dotted in the face with some isotoner (sp) gloves haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom