Chris Slayton invited to 2019 NFL Scouting Combine | Syracusefan.com

Chris Slayton invited to 2019 NFL Scouting Combine

Good for Slayton. He will raise more eyes once there. Visibility is a good thing.

Congratulations to Chris Slayton. The young man is going to put on a show in Indianapolis! Orange Forever!!!!!!!!

Quick story... It’s Spring 2015... Tim Daoust invites me to a practice in the new IPF. Dontae Strickland and Anthony Brown (BC QB) are both there for a visit. I might be mixing up the days, but I’m pretty sure this was the same practice.

I’m going around practice watching different position groups before team portions of practice.

I get over to the DL, they’re doing 1-on-1’s and drill work. Progressions, essentially working off blocks and then getting up to bat down throws.

I keep seeing this Behemoth. Dominate. The. GD. Drills. I couldn’t figure out who it was. (I thought Slayton was a thinner DE at the time and he had just Red-shirted. I look to Daoust after the group moves to a different period and ask him who it was. “Chris M...F...in’ Slayton, remember the name.” Head and shoulders above his position group that day.

He took on a lot of yeoman’s grunt work over the years, but he’s a dude. He’ll have a long career imo. Very EXCITED for him!

Also, Wayne Williams and Colton Moskal did not have good days that day.

I could see him having an Arthur Jones type career in the league. 4th-5th round draft pick range. Slayton could end up with better pro numbers than Jones in the right situation. Jones ended his career after 8 seasons and 22 million dollars. Would be very happy for Slayton to have that kind of success.

My 2019 NFL Combine Cali prediction is Chris Slayton does 44 reps on the bench.

Good luck, Chris!

He won't get 44. Steven beat him on the bench, and the most Steven repped out was 36ish. Chris always beat Steven on the squat. Slayton's legs are immensely strong. 700+ pounds, if I remember correctly and, if you ask me, a strong pair of legs is much more important than a strong bench.

He won't get 44. Steven beat him on the bench, and the most Steven repped out was 36ish. Chris always beat Steven on the squat. Slayton's legs are immensely strong. 700+ pounds, if I remember correctly and, if you ask me, a strong pair of legs is much more important than a strong bench.

Yeah, my post was more an homage to CaliCuse (RIP) than a reasonable prediction.

Only 12 guys have repped over 40 at the combine so I don’t think Chris will make 44.

Yeah, my post was more an homage to CaliCuse (RIP) than a reasonable prediction.

Only 12 guys have repped over 40 at the combine so I don’t think Chris will make 44.

D'oh!

My bad!

For sure, though, Chris will make a good showing. He's been under the radar for so long, he's earned this.

Quick story... It’s Spring 2015... Tim Daoust invites me to a practice in the new IPF. Dontae Strickland and Anthony Brown (BC QB) are both there for a visit. I might be mixing up the days, but I’m pretty sure this was the same practice.

I’m going around practice watching different position groups before team portions of practice.

I get over to the DL, they’re doing 1-on-1’s and drill work. Progressions, essentially working off blocks and then getting up to bat down throws.

I keep seeing this Behemoth. Dominate. The. GD. Drills. I couldn’t figure out who it was. (I thought Slayton was a thinner DE at the time and he had just Red-shirted. I look to Daoust after the group moves to a different period and ask him who it was. “Chris M...F...in’ Slayton, remember the name.” Head and shoulders above his position group that day.

He took on a lot of yeoman’s grunt work over the years, but he’s a dude. He’ll have a long career imo. Very EXCITED for him!

Also, Wayne Williams and Colton Moskal did not have good days that day.
Coach Daoust is a great guy. Used to go up there and watch practice. He is a super funny guy. Someone threw a pass to Ronny Thompson and he snagged it one handed and coach screamed great job Patrick Ewing. Ron looked a lot like Ewing and he Fanny over and lightly wrestled coaches hair. It was pretty funny.