Christian White (transfer from Monmouth) | Syracusefan.com

Christian White (transfer from Monmouth)

This can't be true...

2013-14 (Sophomore): Appeared in 16 games, adding 0.9 points and 0.5 rebounds per game, along with five assists and a steal... Hit a three-pointer, and added a rebound at Penn State (11/26)... Connected on a three at Manhattan (12/8)... Added four points, two rebounds, two assists and a steal against Binghamton (12/14)... Notched two points, a rebound and assist at Canisius (1/12)... Tallied three points and a rebound vs. Niagara (2/28).

Retweeted by John DiTullio
Sports 1280 WHTK ‏@WHTK17 mins
Sources: Former Aquinas PG Christian White is transferring from Monmouth to Syracuse. White will sit out next yr. Has 2 yrs eligibility left

Don't see this anywhere else...

Possibly as a walk-on. He has played two years at Monmouth and has started three games, all coming during his freshman years. His soph year saw him get p.t. in only 16 games. Kid is from Rochester.

http://www.monmouthhawks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205564533

Matt Tomaszewski was a walk-on transfer as well, from the U. of Tampa. Slight difference here is that Monmouth is a D1 program.

Frozen said:
Matt Tomaszewski was a walk-on transfer as well, from the U. of Tampa. Slight difference here is that Monmouth is a D1 program.
I assume there are non playing reasons for transfers like this (I.e that they want to get into coaching and take advantage of jb connections). Otherwise why transfer to where u won't play?

I assume there are non playing reasons for transfers like this (I.e that they want to get into coaching and take advantage of jb connections). Otherwise why transfer to where u won't play?

If you can't crack the lineup at Monmouth, the dream is pretty much over. Might as well improve the quality of the diploma (and make some connections, as you said.)

That is a perplexing transfer. I remember him in high school, a low D1 recruit. Their top kid his senior year went to Canisius or Niagara I think. As people have said, he sounds like a preferred walk on and at best in a pinch he could play some minutes at pg. Too bad he can't be insurance this year.

If you can't crack the lineup at Monmouth, the dream is pretty much over. Might as well improve the quality of the diploma (and make some connections, as you said.)

I had a friend who played at monmouth, he is barely 5'10

My cousin's son is currently on scholly for bball at Monmouth. Hoping he gets PT this year with their sr/jr backcourt finally moving on. Red shirt soph 6'7" long ball wing.

If he is a walk-on then what does he sign as in "Proud to officially announce I have signed and will continue to play basketball at Syracuse University!! " A walk on only has to be attending school. What papers does he sign?

Our walk-on game is looking good this year, add in the possibility of Jamal Custis walking on after the football season and we will have some decent players to work with in practice.

That web site made me smile.

I still remember him when he was in HS (I think playing in Syracuse at the Empire Games), wearing a big piece of metal on a chain around his neck that spelled out the word King, with a diamond earring in each ear, strutting around like he owned the planet. He was the definition of a spoiled, uber entitled kid back then.

Good to see that he has grown up some since then.

That web site made me smile.

I still remember him when he was in HS (I think playing in Syracuse at the Empire Games), wearing a big piece of metal on a chain around his neck that spelled out the word King, with a diamond earring in each ear, strutting around like he owned the planet. He was the definition of a spoiled, uber entitled kid back then.

What's wrong with that? I have a big gold chain that I wear around my neck at work that spells out the word Boss Man. Even though no one works for me, I figure I might fool someone some day.