Christmas... | Syracusefan.com

Christmas...

Has been playing great lately. He is finally playing with intensity for extended periods of time.
I was thinking that yesterday night. Very active making plays on the offensive glass, and I think we're seeing some consistent intensity. If he keeps this up, he just might be our go to big in March. But I'm not giving up on Keita or DC2. The good thing is that all three add a unique game, so I think this will be an up and down decision all year for JB depending on what game he needs at the time.

The fans at the dome need to bring Christmas bells to the games, and shake them whenever he makes a play.

Nah just rattle your keys...

2-3zone said:
Agree 100% he is by far our best center when he plays hard

Too bad "when" is once every 3 games

2-3zone said:
I disagree with that, he has played all year

Biggest waste of athletic ability in syracuse basketball history. When he does it for 10 straight games i will hop on.

Marsh01 said:
Biggest waste of athletic ability in syracuse basketball history. When he does it for 10 straight games i will hop on.
Its all mental with him.

albanycuse said:
Its all mental with him.

I dont care what it is. He hurts us more than he helps us most games. Otis hill had half the ability and one tenth the athleticism and he was 500 times better. Hell i would take jb reafsnyder over rak.

I dont care what it is. He hurts us more than he helps us most games. Otis hill had half the ability and one tenth the athleticism and he was 500 times better. Hell i would take jb reafsnyder over rak.

That's outrageous. You couldn't be more wrong about that.

OttoMets said:
That's outrageous. You couldn't be more wrong about that.

We are talking about rakeem christmas right?

OttoMets said:
That he hurts the team more than he helps most games? Yes.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt. 51-49.

With his ability it should be 90-10

With his ability, he should be an All-America. I'd agree with that sentiment.

He's a plus defender at two positions; he rebounds well; he scores efficiently with both hands in a variety of ways; he's a very good passer; he's shooting free throws well. And he's the fifth option on offense every moment he's on the court.

Not sure what else one can hope for; I'd like to see him score ten a game, but that's not going to happen with the number of touches he gets. As it is, he makes the most of his opportunities with minimal turnovers and misses.

OttoMets said:
With his ability, he should be an All-America. I'd agree with that sentiment. He's a plus defender at two positions; he rebounds well; he scores efficiently with both hands in a variety of ways; he's a very good passer; he's shooting free throws well. And he's the fifth option on offense every moment he's on the court. Not sure what else one can hope for; I'd like to see him score ten a game, but that's not going to happen with the number of touches he gets. As it is, he makes the most of his opportunities with minimal turnovers and misses.

I would like to see the piss and vinegar more. Too many times he is just so blah. I would sacrifice the points if he just grabbed 6-8 rebs a game

Chrismas is really Starting to get it. If somebody would just work with him on posting up and his rebounding would improve he could turn into a Seikaly type center. Maybe he could duplicate what Ronny did in the 87 NCCA tournament. Having Fair and Grant playing with him will only help him . Much like DC's presence helped Ronny when he arrived.

CaptainSyracuse said:
Chrismas is really Starting to get it. If somebody would just work with him on posting up and his rebounding would improve he could turn into a Seikaly type center. Maybe he could duplicate what Ronny did in the 87 NCCA tournament. Having Fair and Grant playing with him will only help him . Much like DC's presence helped Ronny when he arrived.

Seikaly was light years ahead of rak offensively. Rak couldnt score 30! points if he was spotted 15.

He needs to rebound. Thats it. Scoring will come by accident.

Seikaly was light years ahead of rak offensively. Rak couldnt score 30! points if he was spotted 15.

He needs to rebound. Thats it. Scoring will come by accident.
Actually I believe his improvement will be shocking as the game continues to slow down for him. It's Chrismas time !

I would like to see the piss and vinegar more. Too many times he is just so blah. I would sacrifice the points if he just grabbed 6-8 rebs a game

Agree with all of that.

Think the rebounding numbers can be misleading, though. I'm not seeing him miss on many rebounds that he should get. If missed shots kick away from him, that's no ding on his effort.

For now, he's played with fire for seven games. Is that enough? No. Is that a better streak than he put together in his first two years? Yeah. Let's see where he takes it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom