Chuck Bullough | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chuck Bullough

Shafer was cussing like a sailor during that introduction so I missed the DC thing as I thought he was just cussing english style.

Doesn't hurt to have some west coast connections here. Why did he leave UCLA...promotion or let go?

One thing I found was that Neuheisal wanted to switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4. Probably deeper than that. Looks like UCLA was #32 in total defense his first year as DC (2009), but dropped considerably in 2010.

One thing I found was that Neuheisal wanted to switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4. Probably deeper than that. Looks like UCLA was #32 in total defense his first year as DC (2009), but dropped considerably in 2010.

OK...now I get to get some tape of their games and take a peek at those games to see how hard those guys played...if I remember UCLA was an up and down who the heck knows what team is going to show up kind of team but I don't remember their defense.

I'm trying to find numbers but it looks like, while they did give up a ton of points, the offense didn't do much to keep the D off the field.

Passing: 9 TD:14 INT, 5.32 YPA passing, 51% completions
Rushing: 4.4 YPC, 20 TDs
Scoring and Total Offense was 103rd in FBS

That's not a flattering picture.
512x.jpg
550w_cult_fringe_0312_5.jpg

The Shafe really did receive calls from all over I guess.

Note that Western Michigan on his resume
Yea i definately dont wanna lose the nyc pipeline we are doin very well. Im afraid losing marrone will hurt bigtime! We need to keep alselmo and get another city guy on our coaching staff

I think he should be referred to as Chuck DIESEL going forward. It just sounds more intimidating if our DC has Diesel in his name somewhere.

Yea i definately dont wanna lose the nyc pipeline we are doin very well. Im afraid losing marrone will hurt bigtime! We need to keep alselmo and get another city guy on our coaching staff

I posted on this topic before...

I disagree, the "NYC pipeline" isn't important to me. There aren't enough FBS players coming out of New York to bring in a coach just to lock the region down. I'd rather get a coach that contributes to the staff, elevates the level of play, and ultimately helps wins extra games. If that happens, the in-state kids will stay home on their own and won't need to be recruited. The program will recruit itself. A plus-recruiter is an added bonus if it gets us into the high schools of the high production states (int he South or Ohio) but I don't see it as a bonus if this coach specializes in helping us win the 1 or 2 annual 4 star products out of NYC. We didn't get Ebo. We didn't get Ishaq Williams. Wayne Morgan was a nice addition.

New York state produces less "blue chips" per capita than places like Montana, North and South Dakota, Alaska, Delaware, and Connecticut.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...in-big-ten-expanding-include-maryland-rutgers

Solid recruiter is a definitely nice quality to possess but let's not go out of our way to get one solely for New York and Northeast ties.

We're winning now with NY recruits. NY recruits take longer to develop and need to be redshirted, that doesn't make them any less talented. Are there as many from to choose? No, but very few other schools care about any of the NY kids unless they are 4 - 5 stars. You also don't get a coach that their sole job is to lock NY down, so that part is stretching it a little bit.

I posted on this topic before...

I disagree, the "NYC pipeline" isn't important to me. There aren't enough FBS players coming out of New York to bring in a coach just to lock the region down. I'd rather get a coach that contributes to the staff, elevates the level of play, and ultimately helps wins extra games. If that happens, the in-state kids will stay home on their own and won't need to be recruited. The program will recruit itself. A plus-recruiter is an added bonus if it gets us into the high schools of the high production states (int he South or Ohio) but I don't see it as a bonus if this coach specializes in helping us win the 1 or 2 annual 4 star products out of NYC. We didn't get Ebo. We didn't get Ishaq Williams. Wayne Morgan was a nice addition.

New York state produces less "blue chips" per capita than places like Montana, North and South Dakota, Alaska, Delaware, and Connecticut.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...in-big-ten-expanding-include-maryland-rutgers

Solid recruiter is a definitely nice quality to possess but let's not go out of our way to get one solely for New York and Northeast ties.

Looking at "blue chips" out of NYC isn't exactly fair because, in general, their football players are underdeveloped.

A guy like Bromley wasn't anywhere on the radar coming out of high school but I'll be willing to bet come draft time next year he'll be going ahead of a number of "blue chip" defensive linemen.

NYC and Long Island were a big emphasis by Mac's staff, and Marrone renewed that. This year alone, we had 3 defensive starters (Reddish, Diabate, Bromley) who are from or from near the City, and each were impact players. About 1/6 of the roster is from or near the City. I'm not saying we need 3 guys on the staff with strong ties to that area, but we need at least one.

Shafer is fired up about him but the resume doesn't do much.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

As well as DC, Bullough was also East Coast recruiting coordinator for UCLA. Not sure how many east coast kids they brought in, but he had to at least develop some ties at the big name schools in the east that they at least offered to

Shafer is fired up about him but the resume doesn't do much.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Don't say that to Chuck Diesel. He'll break you.

As well as DC, Bullough was also East Coast recruiting coordinator for UCLA. Not sure how many east coast kids they brought in, but he had to at least develop some ties at the big name schools in the east that they at least offered to
they beat us out for a DC DT a few years ago

Looking at "blue chips" out of NYC isn't exactly fair because, in general, their football players are underdeveloped.

A guy like Bromley wasn't anywhere on the radar coming out of high school but I'll be willing to bet come draft time next year he'll be going ahead of a number of "blue chip" defensive linemen.

NYC and Long Island were a big emphasis by Mac's staff, and Marrone renewed that. This year alone, we had 3 defensive starters (Reddish, Diabate, Bromley) who are from or from near the City, and each were impact players. About 1/6 of the roster is from or near the City. I'm not saying we need 3 guys on the staff with strong ties to that area, but we need at least one.

With Pruitt moving on to FSU, not a single Crimson Tide coach is from the state of Alabama. Closer to home, Louisville didn't have a single coach hail from Kentucky.

Just saying that having a coach (in this case our new OC) with ties to the state/region isn't that important. It isn't important for other teams. The northeast produces so little talent that I just can't see the value of emphasizing northeast ties for a coach. I'd rather win NJ/Penn than NY.

Agreed. I'm not saying this is a bad hire but it is somewhat worrisome.

Worrisome? Not much worse than Shafers when he was hired as DC. I'll reserve judgement until I see the play on the field.

Agreed. I'm not saying this is a bad hire but it is somewhat worrisome.

I don't understand the worrisome comment either.

He has experience as a DC at large programs as well as tons as a position coach. He is going to be running Shafer's scheme and is basically his disciple with SMFS overseeing him.

Can't really be a better scenario to keep a defensive system that I love to watch play. Attacking and fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom