Chucks is terrible | Syracusefan.com

Chucks is terrible

orangeinjersey

All Conference
haven't been to the hill since 04. Cant believe Fab Melo threw away a championship for this place

It was an awesome place to watch the final four game (loss aside) and the Wisconsin game the year before. Great environment and I'm 37. Not a 20 something. However not on game day it is not a place to go.

haven't been to the hill since 04. Cant believe Fab Melo threw away a championship for this place

Having been to Chuck's (& Hungry Charlie's) both back in the day and recently, I suspect your disappointment may be the result of being sober this time! It was a s-ithole then & it's a s-ithole now. (J/K)

Even upstairs Chuck's is worse since it changed owners last fall.

Still filthy; food's worse and more expensive.

you're posting on a forum for a college campus on a thursday night.

:crazy:

I agree about Chuck's. It was not open when I was at SU, but my brother had his last year of law school at SU after I graduated and raved about it. When I've gone back for a few games since then, he dragged me there. Let's say I was less than impressed. Of the surviving bars on M-Street, give me Faegan's every day of the week.

RIP Darwin's.

I agree about Chuck's. It was not open when I was at SU, but my brother had his last year of law school at SU after I graduated and raved about it. When I've gone back for a few games since then, he dragged me there. Let's say I was less than impressed. Of the surviving bars on M-Street, give me Faegan's every day of the week.

RIP Darwin's.

Darwin's was the best.

In fairness to Chuck's, the urine seeping out of the men's bathroom does really give it a unique ambiance unmatched since the days of Konrad's.

In fairness to Chuck's, the urine seeping out of the men's bathroom does really give it a unique ambiance unmatched since the days of Konrad's.

Chuck's has really cheap pitchers. For that, it's ok with me.

downstairs chuck's > upstairs chuck's
Ok, slightly embarrassed to ask, but when did Chucks move upstairs and where the heck is Sutters? When I left in 92 we had Harry's, Faegan;s, Olive and Orange (post Buggy's, pre Lucy's), 44's (pre Konrad's), and the second version of Maggies.

Ok, slightly embarrassed to ask, but when did Chucks move upstairs and where the heck is Sutters? When I left in 92 we had Harry's, Faegan;s, Olive and Orange (post Buggy's, pre Lucy's), 44's (pre Konrad's), and the second version of Maggies.
Someone posted a timeline at some point, but I can tell you for sure that Chuck's did not exist from 99-03 when I was there. It seems to have reopened upstairs in 2003-2004 academic year.

Yes, it was. Combined all the strengths of the other bars into one. Was a big loss. Was the place to be for happy hour on Fridays my junior and senior year (01-03).
Hey, what do ya know? We were at the same happy hours the same years. Hopefully you weren't the guy who's cheek I accidentally burned with a lit cigar while I was walking through the crowd.

No no, he wasn't burned. It was a quick singe. I hope you're okay, if that was you, though.

Sutters was the place to go pre-game back in the day.

Darwins had pee troughs and 2 dollar pints every day circa 2002-2006. And it didn't smell like urine. It was the best.

Nothing was better than the downstairs Chucks.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Fab Melo sucked up whatever good mojo Chuck's had left and took it with him. As you can see it's been good to him. He can't stick with a team, walk through doorways, or even find a decent chair to sit on. Call it the 'Curse of Chuck's'. Fab has to come back and sit on his old stool (man that sounds bad) to lift it.

44's on an October Friday. Walk in about noon. 5 minute walk back to my bed. Aah, college. Now back to driving my boy to his hoops game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom