Chuckwu defense thread | Syracusefan.com

Chuckwu defense thread

Shocked. Looks like a completely different player. He can catch, move, and has very good defensive positioning.

Is Griff really that much better of a big man coach than Hop? Chukwu didn't even look like he could play mid-level D1 last year; this year he will be able to hang in the ACC.

This is different IMO than the "Frank is only good vs. bad teams" narrative. Chuku was bad vs. bad teams last year too - now he is a total game changer. Happy for him.

Shocked. Looks like a completely different player. He can catch, move, and has very good defensive positioning.

Is Griff really that much better of a big man coach than Hop? Chukwu didn't even look like he could play mid-level D1 last year; this year he will be able to hang in the ACC.

This is different IMO than the "Frank is only good vs. bad teams" narrative. Chuku was bad vs. bad teams last year too - now he is a total game changer. Happy for him.

I think Griff has made a difference.

He was big time injured last year. Poked in the eye early in the season. If you think that's not going to with your shot I don't know what to say.

Gotta say Griff probably has made a difference. Dayton always seemed to have sound and competent undersized big guys. The 7’2 guy the other night gave him some trouble though.

Love how he gets the rebound on many of his blocks. He is a total game changer on defense. Yes of course bigger and more talented teams will have more success against him. Is that really the question though? Just as we've known, a 7'2" mobile shot blocker is the holy grail for this defense and that's why JB has been playing that lottery for years with people like Baye, Cat Rescue, and others. It completely supercharges the defense.

He looked good but like Pearl said, Wednesday will be the test. A little premature with the "I told ya so" thread.

Love how he gets the rebound on many of his blocks. He is a total game changer on defense. Yes of course bigger and more talented teams will have more success against him. Is that really the question though? Just as we've known, a 7'2" mobile shot blocker is the holy grail for this defense and that's why JB has been playing that lottery for years with people like Baye, Cat Rescue, and others. It completely supercharges the defense.
If I could like this 100x.

He looked good but like Pearl said, Wednesday will be the test. A little premature with the "I told ya so" thread.

To me though, he doesn't need 8 pts, 11 rbs, and 5 blocks to be successful in that game. He's altered so many shots and changed offensive game plans in every one of our contests so far.

Oh plus, he looks like a video game character. Even more with the Daft Punk glasses and headband. I always wanted us to have one of those players that looks like a video game player. And now we have one!

Gotta say Griff probably has made a difference. Dayton always seemed to have sound and competent undersized big guys. The 7’2 guy the other night gave him some trouble though.
How could this be!! Others have told us we need a big man to teach big men.

Griff has got PC understanding that he's a big man and he needs to act like a big man. Put it down if it's ours and send it out if it's theirs.

LGO

This may be in another thread, but I just got home. Is Sidibe hurt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom