Chukwu as Secret Santa | Syracusefan.com

Chukwu as Secret Santa

reedny

Flame Resistant
Just wanted to point out some good news amidst all the angst over our unsettled back-court. Chukwu logged only 17 minutes against EW - 6 pts on 2/2 field goals, 6 boards. Against Morehead - a much more challenging opponent with smaller/quicker players that a 7'2 center would normally struggle against - he went off for 14 points, 10 rebounds and 6 blocks. Adding Sidibe's 4 points and 8 rebounds (in 9 minutes), that's 18 points, 18 rebounds and 7 blocks for our "non-scoring" center position in a single game. Not bad.

We all knew Chukwu was good on D. Second in the league last year in blocks, and this year he's likely to lead the league. But from a 5.4 ppg average in 2017-18, I'm thinking his offense could double this year. His foul shooting is improved, and he's showing an elbow jumper I hope we see in a game soon. He won't dominate against every team like he did Saturday night. But my hope is, if he can give us 10 points per game and 3 blocks, plus what Sidibe can provide as he gets back to 100%, this could be the most balanced offense we've had in years.

Last edited:
Would be fun to see PC go up against Bol Bol.
I hope we get to see the matchup (Oregon). Would mean we've rolled over Ewe-Con, which I'm somewhat nervous about (Adams had 22 against us last year). Our back court is a mess right now and Ewe-Con will run 3 maybe 4 guards, not unlike MHS but better (they beat Morehead by 10). Ewe-Con's center opposite Chukwu is Carlton (6-10).

Last edited:
Just wanted to point out some good news amidst all the back court angst. Chukwu logged only 17 minutes against EW - 6 pts on 2/2 field goals, 6 boards. Against Morehead - a much more challenging opponent with smaller/quicker players that a 7'2 center would normally struggle against - he went off for 14 points, 10 rebounds and 6 blocks. Adding Sidibe's 4 points and 8 rebounds (in 9 minutes), that's 18 points, 18 rebounds and 7 blocks for our "non-scoring" center position in a single game. Not bad.

We all knew Chukwu was good on D. Second in the league last year in blocks, and this year he's likely to lead the league. But from a 5.4 ppg average in 2017-18, I'm thinking his offense could double this year. His foul shooting is improved, and he's showing an elbow jumper I hope we see in a game soon. He won't dominate against every team like he did Saturday night. But my hope is, if he can give us 10 points per game and 3 blocks, plus what Sidibe can provide as he gets back to 100%, this could be the most balanced offense we've had in years.
nice post.
great start to the season for PC

nice post.
great start to the season for PC
Thanks, yes he's improving offensively, with an upside despite his age. On top of lobs and put-backs, he needs to build in a BB hook and a mid-range jumper, both of which he can make. And watch out if he starts figuring how how to catch a pass in the P/R.

Last edited:
He sunk a hook shot against Morehead. He is stronger and more confident and more skilled than last year. He will score 8 to 9 points a game, especially when Frank is back in business.

Don’t think he averages 10+, in fact pretty certain, but he doesn’t need to.

5-8ppg, 6-8 boards, couple blocks, limit fouls. That’s what we need especially since he splits time.
You might be right ... he's averaging 10 now only 2 games in. Conference play will be tougher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom