Chukwu - GOAT in the 2nd half | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chukwu - GOAT in the 2nd half

Actually, despite Chuckwu's most valuable play may have been the botch of bringing the ball down and getting it stolen by Tre Jones that led to him being knocked out of the game.
So glad PC tonight wasn't so tomfoolery. :)

I just wanted to use that word since a poster posted that about him in another thread after Saturday's debacle. :)

I gave that post high praise! At times, PC had been the embodiment of Tomfoolery to some of us, but tonight he was a warrior! ...On a side note, as myself and a couple of others have noted, his most valuable play to the game may have been the one that led to Tre jones getting hurt...losing the ball, aka more tomfoolery! ;) (I just really enjoy that word, not trying to be too harsh on the big guy).

Besides Frank, Tyus was also really looking for Paschal tonight. So happy to see it - making the right pass is crucial - it’s the only way a player and a team improves. Hate when you see players not make the right pass to the open man assuming the worst. It stunts both player’s development and creates horrible habits for both players.

Don't mean to be snarky toward the Chuk.

He was brilliant tonight.

he was huge, and not to take anything away from him, but my 2nd half mvp was frank

I don't think that Frank has shot like he did in the second half ever before.

He was terrific. He Battle, and Chukwu were all tremendous in the second half.

I don't think that Frank has shot like he did in the second half ever before.

He was terrific. He Battle, and Chukwu were all tremendous in the second half.

It was all Hughes and Battle in the 1st half.

Frank and Chewy stepped up big-time down the stretch. Battle was a monster the whole game.

Having people get to the rim is huge for us. Having Chewy stay in there and fight for some rebounds is immense, too.

when they showed marek standing next to zion i thought "oh boy here we go ... "

4907103833_f5cd22cd6c.jpg

Everybody wrote him off way too early. We are a lot better when he is in the game and engaged. I like Marek and have said for a while he would play minutes at the 5, but it hurts our team because he always has fouls and then when our forwards (mostly OB IMHO) play awful we can't sit them because Marek has 2 fouls. PC covers a ton of space for us and always hustles - he can't catch so we should stop throwing him the lob and decrease the chances he drops something. He is also a pretty good FT shooter - I trust him on the line more than anyone on the team under 6'6"

JB during his presser on Pascal...

"If we can just get him to make a FREAKIN layup"

Anyways, I thought Pascal was great tonight, even hit some big free throws to seal the deal.

JB said that about Oshae, not PC

Everybody wrote him off way too early. We are a lot better when he is in the game and engaged. I like Marek and have said for a while he would play minutes at the 5, but it hurts our team because he always has fouls and then when our forwards (mostly OB IMHO) play awful we can't sit them because Marek has 2 fouls. PC covers a ton of space for us and always hustles - he can't catch so we should stop throwing him the lob and decrease the chances he drops something. He is also a pretty good FT shooter - I trust him on the line more than anyone on the team under 6'6"

Honestly, no one wrote him off too early. He consistently fumbles with the ball near the basket. When he gets an offensive rebound, all he needs to do is literally finger-roll it back in, yet somehow tries to put the ball on the floor, which is ungood for someone who is 7'2".

For as great as he was last night, he has been pretty woeful most of the season. Would LOVE for him to have turned a corner and turn this 7'2" experiment into a success.

Chewy is an easy guy to trash, especially with his play this year, but man oh man he stepped up when it counted this game. He looked aggressive and was actually able to finish around the rim. Big time game from the big guy

Ironically it was PC not being able to hold onto the ball that led to Tre Jones going down.
I've been very hard on the guy - but all credit due - he came to play and played with HEART.

glad it was an opponent this time that felt the wrath of his bumbles - last game it was hughes and himself.

whatever the case he's dangerous out there for everyone...even zion who got stuffed trying to dunk on him - THAT was EPIC

...seemed that stuff took a lil wind out of zion's sails -he didn't do as much damage after that rejection (though he was a beast all game...just slightly less so)- is that the first in his life? gotta wonder how many other times he has ever been stonewalled like that before...

(speaking of hughes he's been getting banged around a lot lately hopefully he is okay from that head injury vs duke)

were chukwu's goggles a problem last night ? he kept removing them second half.

Whatever they fed PC before this game ... keep giving it to him before every game.

Well, he had to readjust them after constantly getting whacked by the Duke players. ;):)
thought i saw the trainer with a sharpie "birdboxing them" and boeheim telling him to just listen to the rim.

Shows you what he can be, and why JB gets so frustrated at the inconsistency.

Get Brissett’s confidence back when he’s around the basket and this team is really hard to stop.
Brissett has struggled somewhat, but there's plenty of season left. As a SF ... shooting from deep or driving to the hoop ... his challenge is avoiding contested 3's and trying to muscle his way to the rim over a big. Neither is going to fly in the ACC. He needs to take a page out of Tyus' book and use floaters, pull-ups and high-glass finishes.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom