Cincinnati Tough - Good Night For BE | Syracusefan.com

Cincinnati Tough - Good Night For BE

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
The Bearcats did a nice job on national TV last night.

Zach Collaros is a very solid QB.

It was a good night for the Big East.

It could be an even better Saturday if WVU is somehow able to defeat LSU.

The fact is that the remaining members of the BE have decent talent with WVU, So. Florida, Cincinnati, Louisville, and Rutgers and UConn.

With the automatic BCS berth in hand, I can't believe that those schools cannot secure two more solid programs, a decent TV contract and a firm future commitement from the BCS.

If SU had not been approached by the ACC, I would want Dr. Gross to work toward a permanent solution to the BE situation.

I wonder what is going on behind the scenes at BE headquarters.

It's probably a complete show over at Big East HQ, been that way for 8 years now

I wonder what is going on behind the scenes at BE headquarters.

sending out more roses to Don Beebe as a parting gift and offering him a job since they think he did such a bang-up job for the B12?

Nice job by Cincinnati, kicked the crap out of NC State. I enjoyed it

1) WVU beats LSU
2) BigXII snatches up WVU and one more (Cincy, Ville, TCU...)
3) Collapse of BE football is on, forcing ND to the ACC with UConn
4) ???
5) Profit

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.035157,-76.119110
Well, that leaves UConn, Rutgers, So. Florida, and another decent program.

Plus it allows ND to stand pat, with perhaps some concessions on scheduling and money.

And, more important, it still leaves the BE with an automatic BCS bid which is money in the bank.

So, there would still be room and motivation at that point to recast/bolster the BE.

It would take a dynamic figure to pull it off, but it could be done.

Where is Peter Uberoth?

sending out more roses to Don Beebe as a parting gift and offering him a job since they think he did such a bang-up job for the B12?
Beebe did fine.

He was the sacrificial lamb.

Yeah, there are the makings of solid football programs in the current BE. The problem is stability, and that's pretty much the lone reason I'm happy we jumped to the ACC. All I want in the world is a conference with stability, year in, year out, and with SU and Pitt in the fold, it appears the ACC has exactly that.

Yeah, there are the makings of solid football programs in the current BE. The problem is stability, and that's pretty much the lone reason I'm happy we jumped to the ACC. All I want in the world is a conference with stability, year in, year out, and with SU and Pitt in the fold, it appears the ACC has exactly that.

It'll also be nice not to be linked to a conference that has the national perception of being terrible. In the BE it doesn't matter what the teams do in the OOC schedule, they will never get credit for winning because they were just better. In the ACC, if we beat ND it will most likely be because we were better. If we beat them in the BE, it's b/c ND didn't play very well and gave us the game.