CJ battled all night | Syracusefan.com

CJ battled all night

JLine

2018 Cali Winner: Regular Season Record
He was getting beat up all over the place and continued to fight for everything down low. Love the effort from him tonight.

He may have battled, but he gave us nothing offensively. I just hope whatever illness is bothering him clears up because we are a different team when we get nothing from him

CJ get swallowed up down low sometimes...he is best when he catches the ball a few feet from the rim and then drives hard to the goal. He also usually does a solid job vs zone at the top of the key. didnt happen today..

This kid if hit the weights and got strongly would be so much more effective. He cannot bang with physical players .. just too soft.

He was getting beat up all over the place and continued to fight for everything down low. Love the effort from him tonight.
CJ is too weak to play down low. If anybody breathes on him, he falls over.

He's probably only really 6'6, he's often undersized against the opponent. Tough to battle down low with Gates, yet he had 11 boards. Every time he got the ball, he had someone all over him yet rarely got a call like when he was checked by Gates.

He's had a tough time finishing over the past 4-5 games. He got knocked down several times tonight.

He's the leading rebounder almost every game. He has to be our 230lb power forward because we don't have one...and our SF (KJ) shies away from contact and doesn't board.

I'm probably the biggest CJ fan on this board, so I'm not throwing him under the bus.

But he looked lethargic as hell tonight [and obviously yesterday]. He seemed like he was running in molasses out there--just had no energy. Held onto the ball too long on offense, etc.

We are a different team without his contributions. If he was at full strength, I bet we would have run uconn yesterday instead of struggling with them, and tonight likely would have been different, as well.

Oh well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom