CJ Comparo for Old-Timers | Syracusefan.com

CJ Comparo for Old-Timers

newmexicuse

All Conference
I just love how smooth his game has become. He is a consistant Mr. Cool out there.

Anyways, for my comparo, he is reminding me of a better rebounding Erich Santifer, who was one of my all-time Cuse favorites.

Santifer also one of my favorite players. I think CJ is the smoothest player we've ever had.

Santifer also one of my favorite players. I think CJ is the smoothest player we've ever had.
I'm a little limited in terms of my frame of reference, but in terms of being smooth, I think people are very much overlooking Lawrence Moten.

I love CJ's game, too. But I don't think there is a good comparison from SU's past. He's a BIG collegiate three. Guys like Moten, Pace, Santifer, etc. were all 2's that were smaller.

I think he has earned the right to just being good ol' C.J. Fair and no comparisons necessary. I understand them and don't mean any disrespectful but he has been consistent throughout his career and one of my favorites of all-time.

Dale Shackleford. About the same size and can do a little bit of everything well.

Loved the Santifer, Bruin, Rautins tri-capt team! Right in my formative years. '83. Got Pearl a year later, and JB started somethin cool.

Josh Pace for me is the only comparison and CJ is better. Very similar offensive game except CJ is a better shooter. Both glue guys. I think a good argument could be made that CJ is the best player in the Big East. Hope he wins a championship just like Pace :)

I'm a little limited in terms of my frame of reference, but in terms of being smooth, I think people are very much overlooking Lawrence Moten.
Exactly. A tall Moten.

Raf Addison?

Raf was a sniper from the outside and his game was more well rounded than CJ's is. No comparison to him.

I loved Sanifer and he still is one of my favorite orangemen ever.

In years to come, fans will try to compare their generations players to CJ.

How about a comparison today of Jerami as a more powerful CJ?

There is only one comparison Josh Pace!!! I have been calling him Pace 2.0 since I first saw him his freshman year. He's got that left handed floater, and just never looks rushed always under control. With his improvement every year i can't wait until next season when he completely just takes over a game because noone can stop him.

Raf Addison?
I thought of Raf as Jerami stroked that long jumper from the corner late in the game, right in front of the bench. That spot is where Rafael punched his meal ticket game after game. Jerami is much more explosive than Raf, and I think CJ is too. No monster dunks or blocks that I recall Raf having, but dude was smooth, no doubt. All 3, CJ, Raf and Jerami are model mid range players.

I think he has earned the right to just being good ol' C.J. Fair and no comparisons necessary. I understand them and don't mean any disrespectful but he has been consistent throughout his career and one of my favorites of all-time.
I think he stands on his own because he has elements fo several players games. He is not Pace 2.0 because Josh Pace could not hit a jump shot outside of 10 ft. He can not drive like Moten did (and is a better shooter), he is not near the shooter Raf was and Raf was a guard. I don't see the Alexis thing at all. He is smooth, yet explosive, and is a decent outside shooter. In those elements he is similar to Santifer but Erich was only 6'4" and not nearly the rebounder CJ is. Santifer was more of a Stevie Thompson with a jump shot to me and was probably my favorite player until Sherm came.

Loved the Santifer, Bruin, Rautins tri-capt team! Right in my formative years. '83. Got Pearl a year later, and JB started somethin cool.
I kind of thought it was pretty cool even before Pearl came. Louie and Bouie, The Super Sophs, those were very fun teams to watch. I swear at one game in the Dome I saw Tony Bruin catch an alley oop from Rautins, hang in the air about 3 seconds, and then go higher to slam it home without ever touching the ground. The dude absolutely floated in mid air.

Dale Shackleford. About the same size and can do a little bit of everything well.
Yes, Dale was another fine all-around player who quietly got it done every night.

I kind of thought it was pretty cool even before Pearl came. Louie and Bouie, The Super Sophs, those were very fun teams to watch. I swear at one game in the Dome I saw Tony Bruin catch an alley oop from Rautins, hang in the air about 3 seconds, and then go higher to slam it home without ever touching the ground. The dude absolutely floated in mid air.

I've seen few players who could elevate like Red. :cool:

When I originally read the title of this post I thought "who the F is CJ Comparo?"