10. Rafael Addison 1,876
11. Erich Santifer 1,845
12. Billy Owens 1,840
13. Rony Seikaly 1,716
14. Eric Devendorf 1,680
15. Dave Johnson 1,614
16. Brandon Triche 1,575
17. C.J. Fair 1,573

Based on what he is averaging he could score any where from 98 to 178(very rough numbers based of how many games are left). He looks like he will fall somewhere between 15th and 12th on the all time list.

Side note, I had no idea Devendorf was that high on the list considering he only played three years. Pretty impressive.

Yup - would have had #1 all time in the bag if he came back!!! :)

Just kidding, he would have had a shot though.

Side note, I had no idea Devendorf was that high on the list considering he only played three years. Pretty impressive.

that's the first thing i thought of when i saw that list. imagine Devo being the 3rd leading scorer in Syracuse history. Those extra 6 or 7 games really helped before he tore his ACL. He was averaging around 16 or 17 that year i believe.

anomander said:
that's the first thing i thought of when i saw that list. imagine Devo being the 3rd leading scorer in Syracuse history. Those extra 6 or 7 games really helped before he tore his ACL. He was averaging around 16 or 17 that year i believe.

Devo was so good around the basket , super underrated scorer . He would make the most acrobatic lay ups once or twice a game , I was so mad he left or was told to leave or whatever that last year . Could have added such depth to that team

Devo was so good around the basket , super underrated scorer . He would make the most acrobatic lay ups once or twice a game , I was so mad he left or was told to leave or whatever that last year . Could have added such depth to that team

To this day, Devo will be one of my favorite on the court players. Don't care for what he did/who he was off the court, but I loved his game. He still has the best left hand for a righty I've ever seen.

Devo played 10 games in 07-08 and averaged 17/game. Those 170 gave him a huge push. He technically played 3.3 seasons. If he came back for his senior year, he would've had a good shot at catching Moten. He trailed Moten by 654 points, so if they played 38 games in Devo's senior season and he averaged 17.3/game, he would've caught him. Crazy to think about.

Preston Shumpert is the biggest head scratcher on this list. Amazing to think he scored almost 2000 points.

I wonder if we will ever have another 2,000 pt scorer? Seems unlikely, given that anyone good enough to score big their freshman and Soph seasons is likely gone. CJ has played extensively for four years and is 400 pts away.

Devo played 10 games in 07-08 and averaged 17/game. Those 170 gave him a huge push. He technically played 3.3 seasons. If he came back for his senior year, he would've had a good shot at catching Moten. He trailed Moten by 654 points, so if they played 38 games in Devo's senior season and he averaged 17.3/game, he would've caught him. Crazy to think about.

Nice summary. Putting stats behind your opinion. I like that. Devo is not properly appreciated around here by many.

Preston Shumpert is the biggest head scratcher on this list. Amazing to think he scored almost 2000 points.

People don't think of him as scoring so many points at SU because his teams faltered in March. You don't really associate Shump with a lot of big SU wins.

I wonder if we will ever have another 2,000 pt scorer? Seems unlikely, given that anyone good enough to score big their freshman and Soph seasons is likely gone. CJ has played extensively for four years and is 400 pts away.

I think Cooney has a chance.

He has 504 points now. Continuing to score 13 per game for 8 more games this season (maybe that's too optimistic for the number of games) would leave him with 608 points. In order to score 1392 points in his last two years, he'd need to average 17.4 in two 40-game seasons, 18.8 in two 37-game seasons, or 19.9 in two 35-game seasons.

He'd help himself by finding his shot and boosting his point total in the next month. Might help the team, too.

I think Cooney has a chance.

He has 504 points now. Continuing to score 13 per game for 8 more games this season (maybe that's too optimistic for the number of games) would leave him with 608 points. In order to score 1392 points in his last two years, he'd need to average 17.4 in two 40-game seasons, 18.8 in two 37-game seasons, or 19.9 in two 35-game seasons.

He'd help himself by finding his shot and boosting his point total in the next month. Might help the team, too.

He was the one I was thinking could perhaps do it. Its rare for a kid to redshirt these days and then be a solid four year player... or a big time contributor freshman and soph year - somewhere in the 9-10pts/g for both years and then jump into the bigger scoring junior and senior year 15-17pts/g.

As of this morning, the list looks like this:

1. Lawrence Moten 2,334
2. Derrick Coleman 2,143
3. John Wallace 2,119
4. Gerry McNamara 2,099
5. Hakim Warrick 2,073
6. Sherman Douglas 2,060
7. Stephen Thompson 1,956
8. Preston Shumpert 1,907
9. Dave Bing 1,883
10. Rafael Addison 1,876
11. Erich Santifer 1,845
12. Billy Owens 1,840
13. Rony Seikaly 1,716
14. Eric Devendorf 1,680
15. C.J. Fair 1,623

Moten still not having his jersey in the rafters is a joke IMO. Must not be rich enough for Gross.

He was the one I was thinking could perhaps do it. Its rare for a kid to redshirt these days and then be a solid four year player... or a big time contributor freshman and soph year - somewhere in the 9-10pts/g for both years and then jump into the bigger scoring junior and senior year 15-17pts/g.

I think it's difficult to realize how great Dave Bing was. He did it in 3 years in about 8 to 10 less games each year.

As of this morning, the list looks like this:

1. Lawrence Moten 2,334
2. Derrick Coleman 2,143
3. John Wallace 2,119
4. Gerry McNamara 2,099
5. Hakim Warrick 2,073
6. Sherman Douglas 2,060
7. Stephen Thompson 1,956
8. Preston Shumpert 1,907
9. Dave Bing 1,883
10. Rafael Addison 1,876
11. Erich Santifer 1,845
12. Billy Owens 1,840
13. Rony Seikaly 1,716
14. Eric Devendorf 1,680
15. C.J. Fair 1,623

Top 15 on the scoring list behind some pretty good company and they rush through the senior night ceremony with 1/3 of the crowd in their seats. Ugh.

3 yrs and 10 games... the 10 games got him an extra 170 points (that's strictly off of memory so i may be off by a game or a point or 2)

Top 15 on the scoring list behind some pretty good company and they rush through the senior night ceremony with 1/3 of the crowd in their seats. Ugh.

I blame that on the fans. Obviously more fans thought it wasn't worth getting there in their seats for it. :( TV isn't going to postpone the start of the game so our fans can get that last beer, dome dog or picture before tipoff. Sad display by "fans". If they hadn't started 2-3 minutes late (12-13 minutes before game time) then about 3,000 even less people would have been in their seats.

I blame that on the fans. Obviously more fans thought it wasn't worth getting there in their seats for it. :( TV isn't going to postpone the start of the game so our fans can get that last beer, dome dog or picture before tipoff. Sad display by "fans". If they hadn't started 2-3 minutes late (12-13 minutes before game time) then about 3,000 even less people would have been in their seats.
It was kind of sad that people couldn't bother to show up a little early (although, it probably didn't help that it was a week night with a 7 PM start).
If I could have been there, I would have and would cheered loudly for both CJ and BMK.
So rare to see a talent like CJ stay 4 years and a kid like BMK who so embodies what is right about college athletics.

What I thought was even more sad is that TW Sports was there live doing their pre-game show and gave no coverage of the Senior ceremony at all.
They were doing a meaningless interview while the ceremony was going on behind them - couldn't they have taken a break for a couple of minutes and shown the ceremony live on their show?

Nice summary. Putting stats behind your opinion. I like that. Devo is not properly appreciated around here by many.
He was a horrible defensive guard. Just dabbled in defensive.

dasher said:
He was a horrible defensive guard. Just dabbled in defensive.
devo was my favorite falling down player

Devo would've been #2 if he came back for his senior season. Too bad that decision wasn't his to make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom