Clarity on the Orange Bowl Dollars: Even better for ACC | Syracusefan.com

Clarity on the Orange Bowl Dollars: Even better for ACC

arbitragegls

All Conference
A while back in a thread we looked at the dollars that the ACC could expect from the Orange Bowl. We nailed it fairly well, but SEEMED TO HAVE MISSED SOMETHING THAT MOST MISSED. In an article alluded to in one of my previous threads, Swarbrick stated that the ACC would be making more than the Big 12...perhaps puffery...but now my source is confirming something that most have missed...even in years that the Orange Bowl is a semi-final, the $55 million belongs to the ACC...in other words as the original contract stated and most overlooked, the ACC dollars for the Orange Bowl will generate depending on years the following:

• SEC/B1G opponent----ACC gets $27,500,000
  • Notre Dame-----------ACC gets $41,250,000 (and that is maximum two years)
  • OB is a semi-final-----ACC gets the full $55,000,000 FOR TV rights...semi final teams receive money from different source--Orange Bowl is only Bowl to have this arrangement at this time.
This now equates to nearly $468,000,000 over 12 years divided by 14 teams = $2,785,000/yr team in addition to whatever the RENEGOTIATED CONTRACT WITH THE ASSOCIATION OF NOTRE DAME BRINGS IN....but, but, hold on there is more. The above dollars do not count payouts the ACC will generate from other BCS games...remember there will be four other high level bowls...and payouts for those bowls are not included above...if an ACC team is in one or more of those bowls...more $$$ will be earned. I believe Syracuse will have dollars to build and renuvate its football facilities....
This above payout is within $100,000 of the B1G/team and SEC/teams and is a less per share payout than the Big 12 and PAC 12 because they have fewer teams...this is, according to source, one reason that media dollars are not so significantly different per teams in different conferences. Of course if the B1G can really deliver BGN than all bets are off...but until that happens (and don't forget ACC moving forward on a like network--only may be oriented to specific team locations under the ACC umbrella)--there may be no need for any team to jump quickly to another conference...more on this coming SOON.

OTHER MEDIA SOURCES NOW CONFIRMING ALSO.

Debbie Downers in 3 ... 2... 1

can we all keep a secret from the B.O.T.

In ten seconds this thread will self destruct

Debbie Downers in 3 ... 2... 1
I think folks should temper their expectations for what the ACC money will do for us, in the short term. Visions of a ribbon ceremony outside a marble palace in 2014 are not realistic. As long as we are paying coaches competitively, ensure that the AD is 100% on solid financial footing, and we take some small steps to patch up a few facilities/reno issues, we should be fine for now - consistent 6-10 wins per regular season. We really need a campaign like Northwestern's to get us to the next level.

Not trying to be a debbie-downer but if it's $100K within what B1G earns per team then why did Maryland bolt?

Not trying to be a debbie-downer but if it's $100K within what B1G earns per team then why did Maryland bolt?
I think arb is talking only about bowl money. B1G gets the BTN haul, which puts them ahead.

Bird in the hand, perhaps?
Why not secure a sure thing today, as opposed to simply hoping that the FSU's of the world won't bolt to other leagues?
Bottomline, if the ACC stays together as constituted, then its gonna be a money-maker.
The problem is patience and greed...a sometimes lethal combination.
We shall see.

Because Maryland is DUMB. And broke. And they're DUMB. Louisville is SMART. Better to have them anyway.

I think folks should temper their expectations for what the ACC money will do for us, in the short term. Visions of a ribbon ceremony outside a marble palace in 2014 are not realistic. As long as we are paying coaches competitively, ensure that the AD is 100% on solid financial footing, and we take some small steps to patch up a few facilities/reno issues, we should be fine for now - consistent 6-10 wins per regular season. We really need a campaign like Northwestern's to get us to the next level.

Marble palaces not required.

Marble palaces not required.
Not yet. Just saying that there might not be as much visible "wow" stuff going on for a bit, IMO. We are still a private school with a small-ish football fan base. I would hope that they are using the ACC $ to get us on absolutely solid financial footing across the board before we think about making splash expenditures. Pay the coaches what they're worth and spend a little more on recruiting support. Otherwise, this is a great moment to pause, think about how we spend money, and make sure our seat at the big boy table sits squarely on all four legs with no rocking.

A while back in a thread we looked at the dollars that the ACC could expect from the Orange Bowl. We nailed it fairly well, but SEEMED TO HAVE MISSED SOMETHING THAT MOST MISSED. In an article alluded to in one of my previous threads, Swarbrick stated that the ACC would be making more than the Big 12...perhaps puffery...but now my source is confirming something that most have missed...even in years that the Orange Bowl is a semi-final, the $55 million belongs to the ACC...in other words as the original contract stated and most overlooked, the ACC dollars for the Orange Bowl will generate depending on years the following:

• SEC/B1G opponent----ACC gets $27,500,000
  • Notre Dame-----------ACC gets $41,250,000 (and that is maximum two years)
  • OB is a semi-final-----ACC gets the full $55,000,000 FOR TV rights...semi final teams receive money from different source--Orange Bowl is only Bowl to have this arrangement at this time.
This now equates to nearly $468,000,000 over 12 years divided by 14 teams = $2,785,000/yr team in addition to whatever the RENEGOTIATED CONTRACT WITH THE ASSOCIATION OF NOTRE DAME BRINGS IN....but, but, hold on there is more. The above dollars do not count payouts the ACC will generate from other BCS games...remember there will be four other high level bowls...and payouts for those bowls are not included above...if an ACC team is in one or more of those bowls...more $$$ will be earned. I believe Syracuse will have dollars to build and renuvate its football facilities....

This above payout is within $100,000 of the B1G/team and SEC/teams and is a less per share payout than the Big 12 and PAC 12 because they have fewer teams...this is, according to source, one reason that media dollars are not so significantly different per teams in different conferences. Of course if the B1G can really deliver BGN than all bets are off...but until that happens (and don't forget ACC moving forward on a like network--only may be oriented to specific team locations under the ACC umbrella)--there may be no need for any team to jump quickly to another conference...more on this coming SOON.

OTHER MEDIA SOURCES NOW CONFIRMING ALSO.

Are you suggesting that there is another $220 million over the 12 year Orange Bowl contract term that has been overlooked? That equates to about $1.3 million additional per each of the 14 schools per year averaged. Now it won't pay out that way because it's actually $3.9 million extra every three years. Regardless, it's nice to suddenly discover this in the change tray.

I think arb is talking only about bowl money. B1G gets the BTN haul, which puts them ahead.
correct...this is bowl money...nothing in regard to BGN; in fact, indicated that at end of my post.

Are you suggesting that there is another $220 million over the 12 year Orange Bowl contract term that has been overlooked? That equates to about $1.3 million additional per each of the 14 schools per year averaged. Now it won't pay out that way because it's actually $3.9 million extra every three years. Regardless, it's nice to suddenly discover this in the change tray.
No I am not...what has been a mistake by most, including me is that the Orange Bowl's TV dollars are the ACC's money. When that bowl is part of the semis, the ACC receives all the coin...all $55 million and that happens 4 times in the 12 year cycle..this being the case the ACC bowl dollars from the OB is very close to the other power conference takes...and it does not include other BCS access bowls that may have an ACC team in it. Simply add the dollars:
1. $27,500,000 for each time ACC team plays B1g/SEC--4 times in 12 year cycle
2. $41,250,000 for the times ACC plays Notre Dame--maximum 2 times

this is $467,500,000 /12 yrs =$38,958,333/14 teams= $2,782,000/team
this is a much better way to figure the revenue from the new BCS...it will get the ACC within $100,000 per team compared to SEC/B1G---Pac 12 and Big 12 have fewer teams to share revenue and therefore have more dollars per team...

The biggest thing that I hope they get on the hill, is that all this new $$$$, the in to the ACC...has nothing, that's NOTHING to do, with JB and his awesome hoop program.

It is ALL FOOTBALL driven.

And the $$$$ should go there 1st.