Clark Kellogg truly frightens me... | Syracusefan.com

Clark Kellogg truly frightens me...

bpo57

Living Legend
was he airlifted into the studio after being out of the country for a few months? Asks the NCAA guy if Wisconsin was considered on the #1 line. Seth Davis thinks KU was over-seeded (so do I) at #2 but Kellogg doesn't get it and says yeah I know some folks had them on the #1 line. Then he goes on to say that UVA beat Duke twice (they beat them once). A complete tool.

was he airlifted into the studio after being out of the country for a few months? Asks the NCAA guy if Wisconsin was considered on the #1 line. Seth Davis thinks KU was over-seeded (so do I) at #2 but Kellogg doesn't get it and says yeah I know some folks had them on the #1 line. Then he goes on to say that UVA beat Duke twice (they beat them once). A complete tool.

He's an Ohio State "grad" -- what do you expect?

His big contribution to the team vs team analysis: "Fill in the Blank" is a very good team . . . .

I used to like him in the studio, was really surprised when he was such a poor in-game analyst. I think he's been a lot better today.

He just said that a team hit a "speed blip" during the season.

Wisconsin had the 4th best resume in the bracket and had a great claim on that final #1. It was a great question to ask, because I wanted to know if them not winning either title hurt them.

Based on the way they used numbers (top 25 and top 50) for the rest of the bracket, I was surprised not to see them as a #1. But I think they wanted someone to go out and earn it which was fine. Virginia is a fine team and they are the only good conference team to pull off the double double.

Kansas resume is obviously a #2. The only way you can knock them down is because of the Embiid injury. The committee did not that, which I applaud. I hate when they play god. The results are the results.

Clark seemed to be pretty clued in. Not sure why you are making your comments.

Wisconsin had the 4th best resume in the bracket and had a great claim on that final #1. It was a great question to ask, because I wanted to know if them not winning either title hurt them.

Based on the way they used numbers (top 25 and top 50) for the rest of the bracket, I was surprised not to see them as a #1. But I think they wanted someone to go out and earn it which was fine. Virginia is a fine team and they are the only good conference team to pull off the double double.

Kansas resume is obviously a #2. The only way you can knock them down is because of the Embiid injury. The committee did not that, which I applaud. I hate when they play god. The results are the results.

Clark seemed to be pretty clued in. Not sure why you are making your comments.

Really? People thought Wisconsin should be a #1??? Seriously? They lost their conference by 3 games and got trounced in the semis of the B1G tourney. They won nothing and they're the 4th best resume? LOL Why because they beat UVA in early December? The NCAA guy said they weren't considered for a #1. I have no idea why the CBS experts were all picking them to get to the F4.

Then Special K says some had KU on the #1 line. Really? With nine losses and not much momentum as of late. And no, UVA did not beat Duke twice.

The complete idiot also said va had beaten duke twice . I laugh at these people making fools of themselves. It's no different than the drunk at the bar talking out of his asss , these idiots are in front of a national audience .

My favorite line was Seth Davis saying he thought Lville had a chance at a 1, and then a few minutes later, saying Mich State was the strongest #4 seed in recent memory. The two aren't completely mutually exclusive, but they kinda are.

Thought Gottleib was the guy who sounded the most informed. Not a surprise. I'd really like to see them include a guy like Palm on this show; I'm not sure how into the bracketing stuff the analysts really are.

Kellogg already putting us on upset alert against WMU. F him.

bpo57 said:
Really? People thought Wisconsin should be a #1??? Seriously? They lost their conference by 3 games and got trounced in the semis of the B1G tourney. They won nothing and they're the 4th best resume? LOL Why because they beat UVA in early December? The NCAA guy said they weren't considered for a #1. I have no idea why the CBS experts were all picking them to get to the F4. Then Special K says some had KU on the #1 line. Really? With nine losses and not much momentum as of late. And no, UVA did not beat Duke twice.

Agree 100%. I said earlier today Wisconsin had no shot at a 1.

Really? People thought Wisconsin should be a #1??? Seriously? They lost their conference by 3 games and got trounced in the semis of the B1G tourney. They won nothing and they're the 4th best resume? LOL Why because they beat UVA in early December? The NCAA guy said they weren't considered for a #1. I have no idea why the CBS experts were all picking them to get to the F4.

Then Special K says some had KU on the #1 line. Really? With nine losses and not much momentum as of late. And no, UVA did not beat Duke twice.
West is probably the easiest bracket, team for team. Wiscy has a chance to make it out of there

They won at Virginia, won over Florida, won vs St. Louis. 3 victories over top 5 seeds Out of Conference. Michigan had 0 - that closes the 3 game gap does it not?

But Michigan lasted longer in the B10 tourney. If Wisconsin wins the B10 they are absolutely the #1 seed. They controlled their destiny this week after Nova went down. But once they loss yesterday and Michigan won, Michigan moved back ahead of them.

Agree 100%. I said earlier today Wisconsin had no shot at a 1.

BPO's point is that Wisconsin was never in contention for a #1 seed this season. Not whether they were in contention for a #1 after yesterday.

It's totally incorrect - Wisconsin controlled it the moment Nova went down, but lost it with the loss to Michigan St.

jncuse said:
BPO's point is that Wisconsin was never in contention for a #1 seed this season. Not whether they were in contention for a #1 after yesterday. It's totally incorrect - Wisconsin controlled it the moment Nova went down, but lost it with the loss to Michigan St.

That I agree with, they certainly had a shot if they won big 10 tourney.

BPO's point is that Wisconsin was never in contention for a #1 seed this season. Not whether they were in contention for a #1 after yesterday.

It's totally incorrect - Wisconsin controlled it the moment Nova went down, but lost it with the loss to Michigan St.

Never said they weren't in contention this season. Not sure where you came up with that. Like SU a couple of weeks ago they were in contention but not now. You can't be a #1 seed if you don't come close to winning your league or tournament. I just looked at the futures and there are two #4 seeds that are given a better chance to win it all than Wisconsin.

They beat UVA 3-1/2 months ago. That UVA team had some hideous losses back then and is nowhere near the same team. Unfortunately for the Badgers the tournament is not played in December.

Never said they weren't in contention this season. Not sure where you came up with that. Like SU a couple of weeks ago they were in contention but not now. You can't be a #1 seed if you don't come close to winning your league or tournament. I just looked at the futures and there are two #4 seeds that are given a better chance to win it all than Wisconsin.

They beat UVA 3-1/2 months ago. That UVA team had some hideous losses back then and is nowhere near the same team. Unfortunately for the Badgers the tournament is not played in December.

I misread your initial post then. Sorry

But beating Virginia and Florida in November is treated the same as if you beat them last week. I know you are not in favour of that philosophy, but it is what they have told us they are going to do.

I had my doubts, but they sort of proved it out with Louisville.

Is it my tv, or does Dick Vitale look jaundiced? I hope he is ok.